“Felt Like a Kid Again”

Dining options: Lunch, Outdoor Seating
Augusta, GA
“Felt Like a Kid Again”
Reviewed 31 March 2013

My husband and I ate like we could afford the calories.m we are both old enough to remember a good old soda fountain. This place is especially known for its sundaes, but we had glorious burgers, sweet potato fries and onion rings to die for. I had a wonderful vanilla malt, and they brought the extra in a container. My husband had a cherry phosphate, and it was excellent as well. Very good service.

Visited March 2013

Pasadena
“OMG, my stomach hurts....”
Reviewed 31 March 2013

Here I sit after coming back from the soda fountain. I've lived in the SGV all my life, but had never visited this cute little diner. Today is Easter Sunday, so we thought it might be closed. But, surprise, it was opened and only a family outside and a family inside when we arrived after 1:00pm. When we left the place was filling up.

My husband ordered the pastrami on rye. It came not with sauerkraut, but with lettuce. He said it was ok. I ordered the hot dog and french fries. I asked if the fries were fresh or frozen. He admitted they were frozen. The dog was 'all beef' that had a nice crunch when you bit into it. We both ordered the chocolate shakes, yes, with whip cream and a cherry! YUMMY!!!! I only ate half the dog and a few fries. I didn't want to spoil my "lunch" aka the shake. I am now feeling the pain of consuming that delicious treat.

We will return sometime in the future, for dessert only. BTW, the young staff was very friendly and service was perfect. We felt very comfortable. As others have mentioned, there are little goodies to look at and to buy. Which we did, but the building itself is quite remarkable. A definite keeper this little soda foundation. :-D

• Visited March 2013
“Old time”
Reviewed 30 March 2013

There is a lack of parking in the area so it's best to arrive by bike or on foot, but it brings you back in time with an old time soda fountain. Fun!

Visited October 2012
Los Angeles, California, United States
“Charm and quality all over the place!”
Reviewed 15 March 2013 via mobile

An endearing gem of the Mission shopping district in South Pasadena
for decades, the Fair Oaks Pharmacy and Soda Fountain takes you back to
bygone days of quality and good service.
The lunch menu, ice cream treats, and gift boutique are all nicely sourced,,
charmingly assembled, and lovingly
delivered in a cosy space right out of a
Frank Capra small town.
This is a must visit if you're in the
Los Angekes/ Pasadena area.

Scottsdale
“Back In Time at Fair Oaks Pharmacy”
Reviewed 15 February 2013

Time stands still at the counter at Fair Oaks Pharmacy for lunch or ice cream. Try their grill cheese and an ice cream shake.

Visited February 2013