“Always a treat!”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of Shiro

Shiro
Reserve with OpenTable
Shiro is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Price range: US$32 - US$55
Cuisines: French, Seafood, Fusion
Good for: Business meetings, Romantic
Dining options: Dinner, Drinks, Accepts American Express, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Free Off-Street Parking, Full Bar, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Street Parking, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: Fair Oaks Ave.
Transit: South Pasadena Metro Station .4 miles from the Restaurant
Description: Our food is only the best of the ingredients presented so that their excellence shines through. Our caring staff is here to help you enjoy your meal. We have a full bar.
South Pasadena, California
“Always a treat!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 August 2014

After a few months of absence we decided to go to Shiro's for a Saturday night dinner. It was quite packed and we arrived early yet they had our reservation/table ready. Gracious greeting by Sheryl & Irene (owners) who always make you feel special. The service impeccable, atmosphere wonderful with beautiful flower arrangements and the food delicious for all you foodies. Unique appetizers that are always exciting although I did not find the romaine salad special. We had the lamb that night which was perfectly done. This gem is always a treat and the best restaurant in South Pasadena.

Visited August 2014

Warren, New Hampshire
“Could have been a 5”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 August 2014 credit card Amex Cardmember Review

Oh my-the delicious food. I had the special ravioli appetizer with shaved morels and it was wonderful. My entree was equally fabulous. However the service made us feel rushed. We were not asked if we wanted to order drinks and appetizers first, followed by taking our entree order. Instead we were asked to order everything at once. Had to pour our wine throughout dinner-the server never checked back to see how things were going or if we needed anything. felt like we were being rushed in order to turn the table over for another group. Too bad because the food deserved more appreciation.

Visited August 2014
1 Thank jillc947
Shiro1505, Owner at Shiro, responded to this review, 21 August 2014
We are happy you loved the food. We are not happy that you did not get the service you should have received. We are known for our excellent service. We have spoken to our staff about the evening. Thank you for the feedback.
“Just about the best”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 June 2014 via mobile

I used to live in the area, and Shiro was a favorite then as it is now. The catfish is divine, served with just the right sides. There is simply no better fish around. The service is friendly and professional. I will be back next time I'm in the area.

South Pasadena, California
“Never a disapointment”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 April 2014

My mother took me to this restaurant for my birthday and it was such an incredible experience! Sheryl is always so gracious and welcoming! Its a South Pasadena gem for sure! The kumo moto oysters were fresh and cold served with an incredible saffron vinaigrette and the main dish was salmon cooked perfectly (with dill sauce). A special dessert was complimentary (with candles) which was an apple tart with ice cream which was very delicious. Always very special food with gracious owners who make all of us feel special! Loved spending my birthday there!!

• Visited April 2014
South Pasadena, California, United States
“Can't go wrong at Shiro”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 April 2014

Been enjoying this exquisite restaurant for many years. Started out very cozy and they've expanded (slightly) over the years. The portion size is rather on the small side, but the menu is outstanding. They are known for the deep fried whole catfish served with ponzu dipping sauce. I'm not a fan of catfish, but my kids (now grown) always looked forward to ordering the "large" size. For special occasions, it's always Shiro!

• Visited October 2013