“Great brunch”
Review of Gus's Barbecue

Gus's Barbecue
Reserve with OpenTable
Gus's Barbecue is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Price range: US$11 - US$30
Good for: Child-friendly
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: Mission Street
Transit: Gus's is located only a couple of blocks from the South Pasadena gold line station.
Los Angeles, California
“Great brunch”
Reviewed 29 October 2013 credit card Amex Cardmember Review

We arrived as soon as they opened for Sunday brunch. Already quite a few people inside. Menu has a lot of options. We had their cinnamon buns which were delicious. And the two different eggs Benedict, I recommend the traditional eggs Benedict. Very attentive and friendly staff. Will definitely be back. Next time for dinner because the ribs and other BBQ food looks awesome.

Visited October 2013

• Polish first
“You bet I'll be back!”
Reviewed 2 September 2013 via mobile

Loved this place! Try the BBQ Brick Chicken and their cornbread is amazing! Try it with jalepeno jelly...yes that is correct! I would love to try everything on their menu! My hubby and I did not have a reservation (highly recommend having one) so we were seated in a smaller booth by the counter, which was fine. I highly recommend this place! Definitely coming back!

• Visited September 2013
Guildford, England, United Kingdom
“Amazing food great service - especially Julia R!”
Reviewed 28 August 2013 via mobile

We had pulled pork nachos which were soooooo amazing. Best nachos ever. Be warned they are massive though! Taste so fresh for something we know is quite bad!! Then louis ribs with dirty rice and sugar snap peas and carrots. All sooooo good!!!
Julia R was our waitress, so helpful and friendly and just really nice!!! So thank you Julia for making our experience of Gus's so brilliant!
Definitely recommend 100% to anyone!

• Visited August 2013
La Verne, California
“First time and will be back”
Reviewed 15 August 2013

Lived in South Pas for a few years but never made it to Gus's. I've heard that they have new owners (not confirmed though). If so, they have done a great job. The BBQ brisket was outstanding. All our meals were great with great service from the staff. I'll be back...

Visited July 2013
San Diego, California
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Oldie but goodie”
Reviewed 14 August 2013

We ate lunch yesterday in Pasadena and my beef brisket sandwich was better than had while traveling in the south at BBQ restaurants. It was juicy, cooked perfectly and had the slight tang from the horseradish. Their potato salad was the best I ever had that wasn't home made.

• Visited August 2013