“Never disapointed”
Review of Gus's Barbecue

Gus's Barbecue
Reserve with OpenTable
Gus's Barbecue is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Price range: US$11 - US$30
Good for: Child-friendly
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: Mission Street
Transit: Gus's is located only a couple of blocks from the South Pasadena gold line station.
Los Angeles
“Never disapointed”
Reviewed 4 March 2014

Gus's is what you call a true neighborhood gem. I always book through opentable.com to ensure we get the best seats in the back of the restaurant. I love their kids menu. Their pulled pork nachos are the best I have ever had. Great beer selection and service are all reasons why I am a regular. Love Gus's!

• Visited February 2014

• Polish first
Sierra Madre, California
“Great BBQ well worth the wait”
Reviewed 15 February 2014

I'm happy to say that my family and I are Gus's "regulars". I can't think of a better recommendation that that. If you find yourself visiting Pasadena for any reason, go a mile or two south to South Pasadena and give yourself a treat. Be ready for a wait if you don't have a reservation but the weather is usually great and you can hang out outside and watch the passing scene. I've almost gone 'round the menu but my favorite is the brisket. It defies words. If pork is your scene, have the pulled pork. Baby back ribs are great too. The wait staff is young and really fun. They'll tell you whatever you want to know about the items. There's a great sports bar too. Caution - it's pretty noisy but in this place it just adds to the good energy

• Visited October 2013
Seattle, Washington
“Good BBQ”
Reviewed 4 February 2014

Wait staff explained the difference between Memphis and St. Louis style bbq. Pulled pork nachos was as goods I experienced in Memphis, and it was more than enough for 2 people. Memphis style baby back ribs were done properly with a lot of flavor, a decent bark, and fall off the bone tenderness.

• Visited November 2013
“Good food, terrific service”
Reviewed 18 January 2014 via mobile

For any restaurant, the service is great but, for being as busy as they were, it was terrific. We're just visiting from out of town and had no reservation. In spite of being pretty well packed, we were greeted promptly and seated quickly. Our waitress was very sweet, made good recommendations and did a great job. We split a Memphis rib combo plate with brisket & pulled pork. It was just right. Great job everyone.

Fort Pierce, Florida
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Gus's Barbecue great place in South Pasadena”
Reviewed 9 January 2014

We stopped in Gus's Barbecue for a Sunday night dinner. We sat at the back bar. The drinks were great and food even better. The chicken and waffles was fantastic, as were the baby back ribs. Definitely a place to go when in either South Pasadena or Pasadena itself.

Visited January 2014