“5 Stars Plus in every respect! I will be back.”
Review of Arroyo Vista Inn

Arroyo Vista Inn
GreenLeadersGold level
Reviewed 11 June 2011

From the moment I entered the Arroyo Vista Inn, to the time I left, my experience was solid gold. Pat Wright, owner, gourmet cook, an exceptionally intelligent, genuinely friendly person, made me feel as though I were a guest at the home of a close family member or friend the whole time I was there. Pat provides daily treats of delicious homemade cookies and toffee, as well as wine and cheese, fruit, beverages, and other snacks. Coffee and tea are also available all day. The view of the mountains is breathtaking. Original art adorns the walls. The furniture is beautifully handcrafted and unique. All of the rooms have a special charm. The bedroom is spacious, and, like the bathroom, is spotlessly clean and provides many extra features. Two white, full bathrobes await you. My bathroom had an air bath, designed to relax you as you luxuriate in your bath. The bed is large and comfortable -- I slept like a baby every night I was there. The breakfast are served in an elegantly set dining room. Pat, a noted gourmet cook and author of a soon to be published cookbook, started my day off with a breakfast that brought smiles of contentment and dazzled and delighted me every time. Just great. Perfect. The next time I visit this area, the Arroyo Vista Inn will be the only place for me. 5 Stars -- Plus!

• Stayed: June 2011, travelled solo

Reviewed 17 May 2011

I recently took a garden group to Pasadena. After first seeing Arroyo Vista Inn recommended in Sunset magazine, I booked the whole B&B for our group, with nine rooms.

Arroyo Vista Inn, is a beautifully decorated Craftsman style B & B nestled up high on a hill with a storybook setting and views. It is clean, charming, beautifully decorated. Pat, the owner, hosted an unexpected fabulous evening happy hour with wine and cheese in the gracious living room, and a delicious full breakfast the morning after in the B & B's sunny dining room.

I can't say enough about how wonderful an experience it was. Our group want s to come back next year.

Room Tip: There are many types of room with bathroom.
  • Stayed: May 2011
Reviewed 13 May 2011

I enjoyed my stay at the Arroyo Vista Inn so much. I went with ten friends from my garden club and we used all nine rooms. The Inn is newly redone and exquisite, tasteful, clean and the food is amazing. We were served lovely wine and cheese in the evening and a tasty toffee when we returned from dinner. Then we had a scrumptious breakfast with oatmeal pancakes, bacon, eggs florentine strada, coffee, fruit, toast, fresh orange juice. Then the owner shared with us her adventure in acquiring the inn and how she had refurbished it. We all loved our room (9) and each was beautiful and uniquely decorated.

Room Tip: All the rooms were wonderful.
  • Stayed: May 2011, travelled with friends
Reviewed 2 May 2011

Highly recommend the Arroyo Vista Inn, South Pasadena, California. All the rooms are delightful. We stayed in the Veranda Room and it was relaxing with spectacular mountain and city light views. Pat and her exceptional staff are excellent hosts! The gourmet breakfasts were a treat. Comfortable beds and relaxing rooms, coffee, water, sodas, cookies, wine and cheese and free Wifi--we were treated like royalty!

This is the best value and best stay in the Pasadena area! You will be glad you chose this beautifully restored inn! Book online and you get a 10% discount--when you add this to free parking and a delicious breakfast, the deal is fantastic as well as the stay.

• Stayed: April 2011, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 2 April 2011

Situated almost on top of a South Pasedena hill, the Arroyo Vista B&B is a meticulously-restored historic mansion. The owners lives on site and although aided by a friendly staff still takes a hands-on approach to her business. It shows!

Each of the sleeping rooms was adequate to spacious while the downstairs public rooms were quite large and well stocked with reading materials about the area. Don't miss the complimentary late afternoon wine and cheese.

If you're a walker, the historic section of South Pasedena with its restaurants, shops and interurban train connections are 15 minutes away. Ground zero for South Pasedena with more restaurants, chain retail shops, etc. is a 30-mintue walk. The center of Pasedena (recently rehabed) "Old Pasedena" is a 45-minute walk through upscale neighborhoods, if you choose Orange Grove Blvd. for your route.

The only downside was the cost of cab rides to/from this location. It cost us $80 from LAX to Arroyo Vista and $100 two days later from Arroyo Vista to the cruise terminal in Long Beach. If you want to play....you've got to pay.

Stayed: January 2011, travelled as a couple
1  Thank JayJayLoudonTN
Reviewed 20 January 2011

We recently spent four nights here on a vacation and fully enjoyed the combination of beautifully restored elegance and modern convenience (my husband isn't crazy about B&Bs but liked it as much as I did). We took advantage of Pat's expertise of the Pasadena area and find ourselves still missing her morning conversation and wonderful breakfasts. One last word: the mattresses are custom made and absolutely incredible!

• Stayed: January 2011, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Dilly_51
Reviewed 13 January 2011

Pat Wright, the proprietor and charming host of the Arroyo Vista Inn in Pasadena,, provided us with an absolutely wonderful visit . From the exquisite breakfast to the wine, cheese and sweets waiting for us in the evening, all the food was fabulous. Pat puts a tremendous amount of effort into making your stay at the B&B memorable - such as cotton terry robes in the bathroom, lovely environmentally safe body products for bathing and shampooing, and delicious chocolate toffee on a plate next to the bed in the evening, to name a few of the amenities. We enjoyed the beautiful original artwork throughout the B&B, as well as the many wonderful books on Craftsman Homes. The 1910 building has been lovingly restored , with modern amenities seamlessly added to make your stay comfortable. We also appreciated that the B&B is eco-friendly - with things such as solar panels and its own veggie and herb garden. We thoroughly enjoyed our stay at the Inn and hope to return in the near future!

• Stayed: January 2011, travelled as a couple
#13 of 31 in Pasadena
Hilton Pasadena
Hilton Pasadena
#5 of 31 in Pasadena

Been to Arroyo Vista Inn? Share your experiences!