Embassy Suites by Hilton San Francisco Airport - South San Francisco
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
  • Breakfast included
  • Restaurant
View Hotel
Airport Inn(South San Francisco)
View Hotel
Hotel Focus SFO(South San Francisco)
  • Breakfast included
View Hotel
Park Pointe Hotel(South San Francisco)
1,731 results
All reviewsthe manager's receptionkoi pondsan franciscounion squarebit datedfree breakfastparking feeshuttle serviceyogurtfree shuttlerental caratriumairportdowntownbaybartfreeway
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 28 January 2010

My husband was traveling on business in San Francisco for a few weeks, I brought our two young kids (a baby and a toddler) with us. We required a suite, and apparently we didn't book early enough so many places were already full, that is how we ended up at this hotel. We stayed for a total of 3 weeks.

The room was clean, though I did note that they did not vacuum on a daily basis (the baby had a bad tendency to throw cheerios onto the carpet).

Parking was $15/night. We negotitated with the front desk to waive this for us.

Wi-fi access was $15/day (I think), we had many problems with the weak wi-fi connection. It was a bit annoying, my husband needed the wi-fi for work purposes and he got transferred around to different people. They told him to move the laptop to a certain area in the room where our children were sleeping. We had to call about the weak wi-fi signal almost daily, in the end, the front desk waived the fees.

Continental breakfast was great, they served hot breakfast and the selection was good.
There was also a restaurant at the hotel, the restaurant manager was rude. He was openly rude to his wait staff in front of us. The food was decent though.

We used the pool almost daily. I never saw anyone cleaning or maintaining the pool though.

Shuttle bus was not very convenient. We ended up calling a cab rather than using the shuttle service.
There was also a service to drop you off at the train station. The driver told me that it is actually easier to walk there than for her to drive me (turns out that she was right), just a 5-min walk to the Caltrain station.

If you can get a great deal on this hotel, then go for it. Otherwise, for the money, there are probably better choices in the surrounding area.

• Stayed: October 2009, travelled on business
2  Thank lovetotravelx2
Reviewed 30 December 2009

My family stayed at the Embassy Suites on the final night of our SF trip. We had a rental car that had to be returned in the evening, and my husband left me and my daughter at the hotel to check in while he returned the car. After returning the car, he went to the airport to catch the shuttle back to the hotel but it never came. After waiting over 1 hour, he called the hotel and was told to take a cab and the hotel would reimburse him (which they did). The next morning, we took the shuttle to the airport. We told the driver we were flying on Midwest. He stopped at Terminal 3 in front of United and told us we were at Midwest. I asked him again if this was Midwest when he was unloading our luggage and he said it was. Guess what??? We were at the wrong terminal. We had to walk with all our luggage to Terminal 1. Other than these 2 unfortunate incidents, the hotel was fine. (FYI: The shuttle made a loop at other hotels in the airport area so you have to be carefule even if you stay at another hotel Just be sure you know where you should be going!.).

Stayed: December 2009, travelled with family
1  Thank Mila1632
Reviewed 14 November 2009

Used points for a 2 night stay here and was very pleased with this hotel. The service was great and everyone really helpful with any needs. Room was nice size and had flat screen tv's. Very small balcony outside the bedroom was a nice touch. Room was very clean and nice size. Some of the furniture is beginning to show rare but nothing major. Shuttle service to / from airport very good and reliable - but it does make a few stops at other hotels on the way back to the airport - so add in some extra time for that. Walking distance to Caltrain. Not much around the area with the exception of a gas station, Starbucks, and Wendy's a few blocks away. Standard Embassy Suites Breakfast. Only needed to make the one trip up for the hot food - they gave more than enough, Standard evening reception as well. Would definitely go back if in the area.

• Stayed: November 2009, travelled solo
2  Thank JohnroFlorida
Reviewed 31 October 2009

We usually like to stay at an Embassy Suites because of the made to order breakfasts and the nightly reception, once again we were not disappointed. The food was good and there was a variety, no one should walk away hungry. They also had a machine for a variety of coffees or a shot of espresso, that was delicious! The staff was friendly and helpful. The view of SF from the balcony was beautiful. My only complaint would be that it is about an hour to an hour and a half commute by BART (their subway system) and trolley to get to Pier 39 or downtown SF and the BART was a cost of $16 round trip. On our last day at the hotel, other tourists were asking about getting downtown and the van driver informed them that the hotel had a van that went to downtown twice a day for NO CHARGE, I wondered why this information wasn't given to us at check in. It would have saved us a ton of time and money!

• Stayed: October 2009, travelled with family
2  Thank Hynes57LeSueur_Mn
Reviewed 17 October 2009

I was able to relax and enjoy my stay while at this hotel. The atrium, lobby and restaurant were elegant and my room was spacious and well-appointed. The free breakfast was quick and tasty and the service was excellent. I also enjoyed the complimentary beverages each night at the manager's reception. Some drawbacks - phone message retrieval was not working properly, and the vents in my room were dusty as was the floor in some areas. And although my room was on the fifth floor, it was noisy at night due to the proximity to the bar below and outside revelers. Still, I would definitely stay here again and have already recommended it to my co-workers.

• Stayed: October 2009, travelled on business