“Great Boutique Hotel w Fabulous Restaurant!” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of Inn at Oyster Point

Inn at Oyster Point
“Great Boutique Hotel w Fabulous Restaurant!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 August 2014

Found this hotel through a search in Trip Advisor! Wanted a hotel outside of the downtown area but close to Bart, airport and with a water view. Fantastic spot. Hotel staff were attentive checking in with us after I'd come into the room to make sure it was to my liking. Great bed, windows that open with a view of the bay and a perfect spot to enjoy the morning continental breakfasts delivered to your room! Clean, soft linens, Wi-Fi, refrigerator and snacks. The hotel also will shuttle you to the Bart stations in South San Fran as well as to the airport! Taking the Bart into San Fran saved me the hassle of driving in and its an easy walk from the Embarcadero station to Pier 1. Don't miss the hotels restaurant!! I usually skip the hotel's restaurant but this one's not to be missed. The seafood dishes were to die for! I had Dominic's Desire which was local fresh seafood in a crème sauce. Delish!! California wine to top it off and it was the perfect meal with another great view of the Bay!

Room Tip: Make sure you get a room on the Bay side of the hotel to enjoy the panoramic views. Take a walk or a...
  • Stayed August 2014, travelled with friends
    • 5 of 5 bubbles

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (155)
Washington DC, District of Columbia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 August 2014

My wife and I were looking for a hotel close to the San Francisco airport for a two night stay on our way to Hawaii. The consistently positive reviews on TripAdvisor convinced us that we should try the Inn at Oyster Point and we were not disappointed. With the exception of some noise from a truck terminal across the street we had a wonderful experience. The view from our third floor room was simply spectacular. The room was airy and spacious with a great cross-breeze. The staff was friendly and most helpful. There is a great pathway along the Bay a short walk away. The Inn at Oyster Point does not feel like a typical airport hotel. Much like the Cedar Brook Lodge in Seattle, which we also "discovered" on TripAdvisor, it is truly a delightful place to stay while convenient to the airport.

Room Tip: Loved the third floor corner room
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
      Cleanliness
Richmond, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 August 2014

My husband and I stayed here on 2 ocassions during a split visit to the San Francisco area, (4 nights, a trip to Reno for 3 nights then back here for 3 nights).

When we first arrived, we had been upgraded to a 2nd floor (or as we English would call it, 1st floor) room. The view was lovely and even though it is right on the flight path for the airport the planes blend into the background.

The breakfast served to the room in a pre-specified time-slot is a great idea, and it was lovely to be able to sit and look over the marina whilst eating breakfast in dressing gowns. The choice of breakfast was good and it was always pleantiful and tasty - they even gave us lemon with the Earl Grey tea if we asked for it when ordering the breakfast.

We ate in the restaurant only once, but the meal was very good and reasonably priced.

during the second part of our stay we had a ground floor room, and the only difference we could find between this and the one we had had previously was the view - we were looking across at the yachts in the marina instead of down on them!

Both rooms were well presented, clean and comfortable. The bathrooms were large and the showers were powerful.

The staff were friendly and very helpful. They printed off our Alcatraz tickets and baseball tickets for us. We had a car for most of the time we were in the area,but had we not reception were more than happy to arrange for the shuttle to take us to the BART or Caltrain stations in the shuttle. On our final day we checked out, left the luggage with reception, took the shuttle to the BART station and then when we were on our way back to the airport in the late afternoon, we rang reception and they delivered our luggage to us at the airport. Fantastic service - we will certainly be back!

• Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank HorseyGirlie
Santa Monica, California
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 August 2014

My husband and I stayed here about 3 weeks ago the room was nice we had a fireplace in our room.

Even though it's close to the airport you hear no planes.

The bathroom was clean and you even get a wonderful bathrobe to use. Also, free breakfast brought to your room in the morning.

I ordered room service for a couple of appetizers the service was excellent and so was the food

The reason I gave it 4 star because it was not close to BART

Room Tip: You want to be on the second floor or above rooms are very sunny.
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank JoAnne C
Frederick, Maryland
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 July 2014

This hotel is a real find in the busy SFO area. My second stay and just as enjoyable as the first. The rooms are quiet with a great view. We even had a Mockingbird as an alarm clock for our room. Breakfast is served in your room so you can enjoy while watching sun rise over marina.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
New York City, New York
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 July 2014

I found this small hotel on the waterfront in South San Francisco to be definitely the place to stay in a business trip to areas close to South San Francisco and Daly City. My room was large, well designed, and faced the ocean. The bed was very comfortable. Everything worked well, including the internet. The bathroom was well appointed and spacious. To me, the size and cleanliness of the bathroom is a key measure of the quality of life offered by the establishment. The restaurant offers informal dining, and adjoins a bar that was packed when I visited, mainly with locals and visitors who were mainly retirees. I wanted to be alone and away from the noise, so I chose a table on the balcony outside, facing the harbor. It was a perfect evening. All through my stay I found the employees to be cheerful and ready to help. The location of this hotel could not be better for my needs, since the place I was visiting was about half a mile away. The airport was only about 10 minutes by car. The hotel shuttle offered a free ride to my destination in the morning and later to the airport. I definitely received good value for my money here.

Room Tip: A room with ocean view is certainly preferable, and did not cost extra.
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled on business
4 Thank scientist1969
Palm Coast, Florida
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 July 2014

I chose this I hotel based on reviews. Rather picky when it comes down to it. Off the beaten path, but so worth it. Gorgeous water views from every room, in room fireplace, down bedding with silky smooth sheet that feel just so on the skin...very anal about that...and a wonderful lady that brings me a pot of coffee in the morning.
The down side so far is dining. Continental breakfast, while delivered to your room, is no good for those of us on a carbohydrate restricted diet and on the weekends the restaurant is only open for dinner. No other restaurants in the area, so be prepared.
Staff has been fabulous.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled solo
3 Thank Felicia E
Also consider these accommodations in or near South San Francisco
Hilton Garden Inn San Francisco Airport North
Hilton Garden Inn San Francisco ...
#1 of 28 in South San Francisco
DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel San Francisco Airport North
BEST WESTERN PLUS Grosvenor Airport Hotel
BEST WESTERN PLUS Grosvenor Airp...
#3 of 28 in South San Francisco
4.0 of 5 bubbles 1,840 reviews
Courtyard San Francisco Airport/Oyster Point Waterfront
Courtyard San Francisco Airport/...
#7 of 28 in South San Francisco
Hampton Inn San Francisco-Airport
Hampton Inn San Francisco-Airpor...
#2 of 28 in South San Francisco
Residence Inn San Francisco Airport/Oyster Point Waterfront
Residence Inn San Francisco Airp...
#8 of 28 in South San Francisco

Been to Inn at Oyster Point? Share your experiences!