“San Francisco on a budget” 3 of 5 bubbles
Review of La Quinta Inn San Francisco Airport North

La Quinta Inn San Francisco Airport North
Salem, Oregon, United States
“San Francisco on a budget”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 August 2014

I recently wanted to visit San Francisco and thought I would stay downtown but quickly found the daily rate for a room not including parking was too expensive. A friend recommended I stay by the airport and take the Bart train downtown.

Our room was average but clean (the bathroom could use a little attention), they offered free wifi, no extras in the room like a microwave, included your typical breakfast, free shuttle to the airport every 30 minutes. We visited the pool area but did not use it because it was a typical cold and windy SF summer day. The pool looked really nice but even if it had not been cold there is no way I would have used the hot tub. The hot tub was green in color and had lots of leaves in it.

Using the shuttle to the airport to get downtown was excellent. Give yourself at least an hour and a half to get downtown. There was no extra charges for parking but the Bart will cost you $9 each way per person.

Room Tip: There are two buildings. The north building is not connected to the main building.
    • 3 of 5 bubbles

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (110)
Honolulu
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 July 2014

Although this hotel meets "the basics"...that's about it. It's definitely "long-in-the-tooth" and certainly not worth the $145/night (Expedia) that we paid to stay at this sorry place. Besides looking and feeling old, it's noisy because it's near the freeway, and in a rather crowded, not-very-nice neighborhood with an industrial feel. But worst-of-all is the rather strange and unfortunate position of the second building where we had the misfortune of staying. It's a fairly long walk across a railroad crossing to the main building, and yeah, it looks like a train could be approaching! You may wonder what you're doing here, as we did. We will definitely never see this place again. Spend a little more ($200+) and stay on the water south of the airport (Burlingame). It's a whole different world down there.

Room Tip: Ask which building you will stay at. Don't choose the one over the tracks, near the freeway...y...
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
Lakeport, United States
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 July 2014

Pool area, as a whole, very disappointing. Dirt in the bottom and leaves and dirt on the ground. Walls had drips running down. Dirt in the corners of the floors. Over all, very dirty. Girls at the counter were nice.

• 1 of 5 bubbles

Irvine, California
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 July 2014

My family and I used this hotel for a trip into San Francisco. Overall, the hotel was in very good condition, having all the accommodations that one would need, including a nice "continental style" breakfast in the mornings, going til 9am on the weekdays and 10am on the weekends. There is a Denny's in the same parking lot as the hotel which makes it nice for a meal at anytime. The normal time for check-in is stated to be at 3pm, however we were very lucky. We decided to drive around 9pm on Saturday and after all the driving and a small hour and a half nap at a rest stop, arrived to the hotel at about 8 am. I went in to let them know that we were in town and that when ever the room was ready, that we were able to come back. The front desk employee took my information, and gave me the key cards for our room and let us know that our room was ready. Much to my delight, we quickly thanked the employee and ran to the room to get a better "nap" time to start our trip into the city. If you reserve online, there is a spot where you can leave notes, as well as a spot to leave your number so that they can text or email you when your room is ready if you are out. The hotel is near the airport, but away enough as not to be right next to it. It is just off the 101 fwy which makes it for a very easy in and out. I would think that the hotel is about 10 minutes away from the city which I love. I can go see the city, but not have to endure the crowd.
We were only there over night on Sunday, however when we go back, we will defiantly go back to this hotel. It was the cheapest hotel in that area having including a breakfast meal, and FREE parking, which you pay for mostly as you get closer to the city hotels. HINT: If you are looking at hotels in or close to the downtown area, make sure to ask them about the parking specifically, cause a lot of the hotel sites will mention that parking has a cost but its either small print, hidden or barely mentioned, until you get to the hotel leaving you stuck with having to pay for it.

HINT: For those that are traveling on the 101 freeway, there is a rest stop about 45-60 minutes south of San Francisco which is nicely remodeled, since that last time I was there before, having many vending machines with food, drinks, and amenities if you need it. That is where I took a short nap that was very well needed for our late night/early morning trip.

Room Tip: I was only there one night and so I wasn't able to get a good idea about a better room over anot...
fresno, United States
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 July 2014

great stay, good place to relax while in the bay area, also allowed my small dog to stay, I always stay here when I come to the San Francisco bay area for play, work, or holidays. There is a good breakfast, only thing is finding a place to sit during peak hours. quick checkout and friendly service.

• 5 of 5 bubbles

Laveen
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 July 2014

Hotel is a poor choice for the value received. Towels were so thin you could see through them. Noise travelled through walls and windows as if they weren't there. Old, outdated and dirty. Breakfast bar was dismal, few choices and was only open 3 hours per day. Overall, I would keep looking and not stay here. The price paid was way too expensive for the room.

• 1 of 5 bubbles

South San Francisco, United States
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 July 2014

The location was great for the things I had to do. And being able to bring my Yorkie made my trip easy for me. Great location close to airport however far enough away so that the noise did not bother me. When I came back late tired and hungry I was able to get a hot cup of soup next door and returned to my room and enjoyed my room.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled on business
    • 5 of 5 bubbles

1 Thank Barbara P
Also consider these accommodations in or near South San Francisco
BEST WESTERN PLUS Grosvenor Airport Hotel
BEST WESTERN PLUS Grosvenor Airp...
#3 of 28 in South San Francisco
4.0 of 5 bubbles 1,844 reviews
La Quinta Inn & Suites San Francisco Airport West
Comfort Inn & Suites San Francisco  Airport North
Comfort Inn & Suites San Francis...
#14 of 28 in South San Francisco
Americas Best Value Inn & Suites - San Francisco Airport
Americas Best Value Inn & Suites...
#4 of 28 in South San Francisco
BEST WESTERN PLUS El Rancho Inn
Hampton Inn San Francisco-Airport
Hampton Inn San Francisco-Airpor...
#2 of 28 in South San Francisco

Been to La Quinta Inn San Francisco Airport North? Share your experiences!