“Very good place”

La Quinta Inn San Francisco Airport North
Miami, Florida
“Very good place”
Reviewed 25 February 2010

La Quinta is a perfect hotel for those with a tight budget... it is pretty close to the San Francisco International Airport... but very very very far from the main city... They have a very good bus service thought and the hotel service was excellent... the breakfast was simply amazing...

• Stayed November 2009, travelled on business

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (110)
California
Reviewed 19 February 2010

We used La Quinta near SFO as a Park & Fly. It was basically the same price to stay for one night and leave our car the whole week as it would have been to park our car at the airport all week. Doing this created a lot less hassle the morning of our departure. But while La Quinta served this purpose, we were not impressed with the hotel overall. The staff was friendly enough, our room was alright, and our car was safe…but the hotel was dingy. The bathroom had a little bit of mold. The carpet had a few stains. The beds had blankets instead of duvets that can be washed in between each guest, and I found a few hairs. Breakfast was just alright. The airport shuttle smelled like smoke. We were hoping it would feel like a head start on our relaxing vacation. Instead it felt like a roadside motel. I’d probably do it again to avoid leaving for the airport at 4am, but I wouldn’t be excited about it. Or I’d spend $20 more to stay at one of the nicer Park & Fly hotels near SFO.

• Stayed January 2010, travelled as a couple
1 Thank lovetotravelelmundo
globeseeker007
common_n_hotel_reviews_1bd8 1,142 helpful votes
Reviewed 12 December 2009

We stayed here for four nights and had a room on the second floor. The shuttle bus gave us a ride to the airport each morning where we boarded a BART car and rode to downtown San Francisco. In the evenings, we were picked up by the hotel bus after sightseeing all day. The room was warm, clean, and comfortable and the continental breakfast was substantial. It consisted of bagles, waffles, cereal, fruit, yoghurt, juice, and coffee, all of which we have for breakfast while at home (excluding the waffles). We paid a total of $63.25 per night for a double room and that included all taxes. This was a bargain in San Francisco especially when you get breakfast included.

• Stayed December 2009, travelled as a couple
1 Thank globeseeker007
Los Angeles, CA
Reviewed 6 December 2009

Typical LQ. Clean, comfortable room. Fridge and micro provided upon request at no extra charge. Easy to get extra pillows. Staff helpful. Free breakfast if you are willing to get up early enough, and it is not just donuts and coffee; they have waffles, fruit, yogurt, bagels, hardboiled eggs, toast, cereal, coffee and juice. Sole complaints: the pool and jacuzzi were broken during our stay, but have been here in the past and they are nice enough. Second nit is parking can be a little tight here. Fitness center good enough for a short stay with a bike and treadmill. Easy freeway and airport access. Denny's next door. All in all, what more could you want for $45 a night!?

• Stayed December 2009, travelled with family
Las Vegas, NV
Reviewed 2 December 2009

I got a great deal through my auto club but still I was a bit worried. Especially since I was arriving into SFO after 10:30pm and was worried about losing the room. I booked a king room w/fridge & microwave. I called the hotel about 6 times before arriving to make sure they had it on record that I would be a late arrival. Each time I spoke to a very nice and understanding person.

I arrived into SFO and immediately called the shuttle for a pickup. I was told it would be there at 11:15. It actually arrived closer to 11:40. I kept seeing shuttles for other hotel chains come back 2 or 3 times before the shuttle arrived. WARNING: This shuttle stops at several local hotels, so it may get crowded.

Once I got to the hotel, it was almost midnight. The room was held as promised. I was in the main building so I didnt have to hike across railroad tracks. The hotel is directly next to the freeway as noted in other reviews. My room was on the 3rd floor, the farthest away from the elevator as possible. The hallway faintly smelled of cloves or some other Indian spice. It was not a bad smell.

My room was actually larger than I expected. Huge comfortable bed, desk, wired internet (I guess wi-fi is only in the lobby), TV plus an honest to goodness easy chair that reclined! WINDOWS OPENED (a plus in hotels). The noise from the freeway was not that bad - sort of like "white noise" machines to lull you to sleep.

The bathroom was huge! Sink and counter was angled to the tub which gave a lot more space. The only "drawback" was that the toilet paper holder was on a little projection from the wall. One has to literally almost twist backwards to reach it. Why it couldn't have been placed on the wall directly across from the toilet is a mystery to me. Water pressure in the shower was great; however, the showerhead was placed lower than normal, so if you are taller than 5'6 or so, you will have to bend.

The bed was one of the most comfortable hotel beds I have ever slept in. The TV channel selections could use some upgrading - only about 15 channels (HBO, ESPN, CNN, Headline News, CNBC, Discovery, Disney, Cartoon, WGN, TNT, USA, plus 4 local channels). All of them came in quiet clearly. I did not go to the breakfast buffet so I have no idea what was offered.

The shuttle leaves the hotel back to SFO at :00 and :30 of each hour. The hotel is not 1 mile from the airport, more like 2 or 3. Add in all the side streets to get to 4 or 5 hotels, it's a good 20 minutes to get to the airport. The BART terminal is by the International Terminal so ask to be dropped off there.

All in all a very pleasant experience for $50. If you only need a place to sleep and will accept a 30 minute BART ride to/from San Francisco, this is a great alternative to spending hundreds of dollars a night to sleep in the city.

• Stayed December 2009, travelled on business
1 Thank Vegan_in_Vegas
Arizona
Reviewed 19 October 2009

I was a little leary about this motel after reading reviews. Fortunately, none of the negative reviews were reflective of our stay. OK, the stairwell smelled a litlle musty. Otherwise the service was good, our room was clean and quiet and we got a good night's sleep on a comfortable bed (I will acknowledge the motel is next to a freeway, maybe some other rooms are not as quiet). The breakfast was plentiful and included fresh fruit. Parking was free and always adequate including one night when we returned late, after 11 pm. I have no complaints and actually got a great deal with this motel on priceline. We had a rental car but if you wanted to take BART you could take the airport shuttle to the airport and catch BART there. For our purposes it was perfect.

• Stayed October 2009, travelled as a couple
California Foothills
Reviewed 12 October 2009

We stayed here before our flight. We confirmed our return reservation with the hotel staff and even made a note that we would be coming in late at night due to our flight. We arrived at approx 12:00 midnight after waiting for their shuttle twice because it was too full. When we attempted to check in we were told our room for 3 adults was no longer available and there was only a bed for two. We asked for a rollaway bed and were told they did not have them. They then offered a night at a different hotel 37 miles away, in Fremont, CA. Now it was 12:30 am and we were told there were no other hotels in the area of SF. We drove to Fremont (it was a free room)....big deal. There was no place to grab a quick meal....in summation, the hotel has no loyality to its customers, we have stayed there many nights when travelling. We will not use them again...we have to be able to depend on our reservations and not be turned out into the night after 12 midnight to find our way to a different city. Shame on you La Quinta, you just lost our business and let this be a warning to those who think they have a room waiting for them after flying all day and looking for a place to stay at the end of a long day. NEVER STAY HERE. The La Quinta Headquarters will be hearing about this.

• Stayed October 2009, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Going4now
Also consider these accommodations in or near South San Francisco
BEST WESTERN PLUS Grosvenor Airport Hotel
BEST WESTERN PLUS Grosvenor Airp...
#3 of 28 in South San Francisco
La Quinta Inn & Suites San Francisco Airport West
Comfort Inn & Suites San Francisco  Airport North
Comfort Inn & Suites San Francis...
#16 of 28 in South San Francisco
Ramada Limited San Francisco Airport North
Ramada Limited San Francisco Air...
#6 of 28 in South San Francisco
Americas Best Value Inn & Suites - San Francisco Airport
Americas Best Value Inn & Suites...
#4 of 28 in South San Francisco
BEST WESTERN PLUS El Rancho Inn

Been to La Quinta Inn San Francisco Airport North? Share your experiences!