I was pretty well satisfied with my one-night stay at the Hampton Inn while coming through SFO airport on my way to Asia. I stayed here on 24 April 2012. Reserving online using the Hilton website, I found a good rate using my available discounts and my Hilton Honors account number. Upon arrival fairly late in the evening, I was assigned a nice and comfortable guest room matching my requests. The hotel building is modern, clean and attractive. Check-in was fast and easy. The breakfast buffet the next morning was good, as I have come to expect from the Hampton Inn chain.
My guest room had everything I needed, and there was plenty of hot water for the shower. My bed was quite comfortable. I slept well and was refreshed and rested to return to the airport the next morning for my outbound flight to Asia. The hotel gets a lot of traffic coming through, as it is, obviously, an airport hotel. But I thought it was clean and well-managed. Check-out was simple.
My only criticism is the airport/hotel shuttle service. Yes, they have one, and it is complimentary. But I was not too happy with it. The shuttle contracted for this hotel also serves several other nearby airport hotels, and running the entire "circuit" takes much longer than I expected. From the time I left the Hampton Inn after check-out, it was fully 45 minutes before I was dropped off over at the SFO international terminal. I had allowed plenty of time to catch my flight, so there was no panic. But do be aware of this.
The bigger issue for me was the night before, when I arrived in SFO and needed the same shuttle to take me TO the Hampton Inn. I stood on the correct (outer) curb in front of Terminal 1, right under the sign where you are supposed to stand -- for over 30 minutes, while two shuttles merely slowed to a crawl several yards from where they were supposed to stop. The first two times, they roared off before I could get their driver's attention and left me there in the darkness. I actually had to pull my luggage to a nearby courtesy phone to call the hotel front desk, before the third time the shuttle came around. Only on that third occasion was the shuttle driver willing to wait long enough so that I could quickly drag my luggage over to his shuttle. When I pointed out that he and/or his colleague had been around before and had left me standing there in the dark 30 minutes earlier and again 15 minutes after that, he just shrugged his shoulders and chuckled. I was too tired to say anything more.
My recommendation is that the Hampton Inn management look into the courtesy shuttle situation to see if the currently contracted service provider is really providing the best service for the needs of this hotel's guests. The hotel, itself, I liked.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located just 1.5 miles from the San Francisco International Airport, our hotels offers an ideal location for both business and leisure travelers. Situated in the center of the biotech industry and minutes away from downtown San Francisco, our guests enjoy the best of the bay area. We offer free shuttle to/from the San Francisco International Airport, as well as a free shuttle to Union Square (shopping center in downtown San Francisco), Fri-Sat. We also offer multiple types of rooms including suites and meeting rooms. Free WiFi, free daily hot breakfast, free parking, fitness center, Manager's Reception (M-W). Also, each room has a 37in LCD flat screen TV with numerous HD channels. We Love Having you Here! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Agoda, Priceline, Hilton Hotels Direct, Hotels.com, Travel Republic (UK), Ebookers, TripOnline SA, 5viajes2012 S.L., HotelQuickly, Evoline ltd, getaroom.com and Cancelon so you can book your Hampton Inn San Francisco-Airport reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hampton Inn San Francisco Airport Hotel South San Francisco
- Hampton Inn South San Francisco
- South San Francisco Hampton Inn