“Customer First”

Hampton Inn San Francisco-Airport
San Francisco, United States
“Customer First”
Reviewed 13 May 2014

A nice hotel with very comfortable rooms and lots of extras. This Hampton Inn puts the customer first. I was treated very well and the staff made sure that I had everything I needed to make my stay a wonderful experience from the time I arrived to the time I left for the airport.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with Hampton

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (61)
  • Korean first
San Francisco, United States
Reviewed 12 May 2014

The Hampton is definitely on the lower end in terms of quality for the hotel chain. The shuttle from San Francisco airport took 45 minutes at 11:30 at night (when I was assured after 3 calls that it was only a 15-20 minute wait). The rooms were dingy and it was still very expensive. Overall a very LOW value hotel.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled on business

2 Thank Tamzen M
Satellite Beach, Florida, United States
Reviewed 7 May 2014

We stayed here after flying in to San Francisco airport very late. We had a rental car and needed it later in the week for work so we chose this hotel because it offered free parking and HAD parking. Many of the hotels in San Francisco don't offer parking and the ones that do are about $50 a day. I don't know who posted the pictures above, but our room looked nothing like this. You couldn't open the bathroom door and door to the room at the same time. And had to be careful door was lobule locked as the sink is right at the entrance to the room. Updated a bit, but low ceiling, low toilet, just an older building. But thus is very typical of the area. We had the same thing in Milpitas. We had no trouble driving in to the city using GPS and finding parking at Pier 39. The lady at check in seemed to have trouble with our cards and wanted to use the expired/cancelled card on file. It was 2 a.m. our time and we were so tired. After 1/2 hr. Of trying all our cards, she gave up and sent us on our way. I got on line the next day. And deleted that card from our profile and it all worked out. Breakfast was good, staff friendly, W/D used and very clean. Pillows ( flat) and mattress ( hard) will definitely make you miss home. We didn't hear any planes or road noise as others have stated.

Room Tip: We were far from elevator, third floor.
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 2 May 2014

I chose this hotel specifically because it offered a hot breakfast and I was not disappointed. There was something special for everyone in our party. I'm a bacon and eggs kind of gal and my grown son loves waffles and fruit. We all ate well.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled with family

Nashville, Tennessee
Reviewed 29 April 2014

My daughter had foot surgery and needed a hotel until her next doctor's visit. This hotel went above and beyond to help make sure our stay was comfortable. The room was always cleaned (around her late sleeping), the hotel breakfast staff provided trays for me to take her hot breakfast up each day and the front office staff even surprised my daughter with a bag of chocolates and a get well card. Every day, someone inquired about her recovery and how she was doing. There is no way a big hotel in the city could have provided such personal service at such a great price. Even the business travellers we met during our stay commented on how easy it is to get to the airport from here (hotel airport shuttle service) and how consistent the hotel service is. Just outstanding. Mary Johnston

• Stayed April 2014, travelled with family
Cleveland, Ohio
Reviewed 27 April 2014

We spent one night here before our departure for home. We were very pleased with the hotel, its staff, facilities and food. Other than not recommending room 134 as it faces a busy road and is noisy, we will stay at this hotel again. (We always travel with a "sound conditioner" which produces "white noise" and blocks out annoying sounds.) The room was clean and comfortable with all necessary amenities. The breakfast had a good selection of the usual items and good coffee. The airport shuttle was convenient and prompt. As we have family in the area and travel here frequently, we will use this property again.

Room Tip: Not room 134! Faces a busy road.
  • Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank mumzie1039
Sacramento, California
Reviewed 20 April 2014

This was a drive-by, take your chance selection and I was not disappointed. The room offered more than I expected, especially for the pricing. The room/bed/bathroom were all very comfortable and I was able to get a restful nights sleep.

For my purposes, I was dropping off someone at the airport. I only wish this hotel could be nearer San Fransico for future city visits.

• Stayed August 2013, travelled solo
Also consider these accommodations in or near South San Francisco
Hilton Garden Inn San Francisco Airport North
Hilton Garden Inn San Francisco ...
#1 of 28 in South San Francisco
Best Western Plus Grosvenor Airport Hotel
Best Western Plus Grosvenor Airp...
#3 of 28 in South San Francisco
4.0 of 5 bubbles 1,887 reviews
Embassy Suites by Hilton San Francisco Airport - South San Francisco
Embassy Suites by Hilton San Fra...
#9 of 28 in South San Francisco
3.5 of 5 bubbles 1,483 reviews
Americas Best Value Inn & Suites - San Francisco Airport
Americas Best Value Inn & Suites...
#4 of 28 in South San Francisco
Ramada Limited San Francisco Airport North
Ramada Limited San Francisco Air...
#6 of 28 in South San Francisco
Best Western Plus El Rancho Inn

Been to Hampton Inn San Francisco-Airport? Share your experiences!