“Fantastic experience”

Hampton Inn San Francisco-Airport
oakdale, United States
“Fantastic experience”
Reviewed 30 May 2014

The hotel was more than expected! The breakfast was the best we've ever had. The free shuttle to downtown was a perk even though it was quite easy to figure how to get around with help from the staff. We would stay there again on our next trip to SFS.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Hampton

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (64)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
Boring, Oregon
Reviewed 28 May 2014

Have stayed at this hotel twice in four years because of it's proximity to San Francisco, the airport, it's comfort and amenities and value. I highly recommend for these reasons, it's full breakfast, great beds and shower, and free parking. It is about 15-20 minutes from the downtown core for tourists and the commercial district, but the price is right because of that reason, and since parking is free one can have a rental car and get around just fine.

I even left a pair of shoes when I checked out and house keeping found them and shipped them to me. Thanks Hampton SFO!

• Stayed May 2014, travelled on business
Montreal, Canada
Reviewed 17 May 2014

We went to the hotel for the last night of our trip. We went to the airport to drop the car the night before and use the hotel shuttle service. Really nice buses and very confortable. The hotel is the last one of the stop but it doesnt take too long. We were the first in the morning to be pick up. Room are really big and nice. Front desk were very funny and helpfull.
I would go back to this hotel if i have the chance

• Stayed April 2014, travelled on business
Cincinnati, United States
Reviewed 14 May 2014

Wonderful experience-quick drive into Downtown San Francisco! Large breakfast offering including a hot breakfast as well as cold items. Very clean rooms and general areas. Friendly staff, easy parking, right off highway.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled with family

North Carolina
Reviewed 14 May 2014

Staff was welcoming. Convenient to the airport. Good service. Room was clean. The only issue we had was the transportation to the airport. One shuttle serviced three or four hotels. Even though we were one of the first ones on, it filled up quickly. The shuttle runs on a time schedule and if you can't get on the shuttle of your original choice you could be late for your flight. There should be a head count well ahead of the shuttle so you can opt for an earlier one.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple

Farmington Hills, Michigan
Reviewed 13 May 2014

This is very important and you should know this when considering this filthy and unprofessional hotel! SIDE NOTE- THIS HOTEL IS FRANCHISED BY OWNER VJ PATEL and only uses the Hampton name. THIS IS NOT A REAL HAMPTON HOTEL. I would first like to say I have had the best experience at a Hampton hotel in Michigan and now the worst in San Fransisco. We were tired and hungry called the hotel and were lied to repeatedly regarding accommodations . We were told the hotel had I comfort beds ( this has always been the reason we stay at these hotels) upon arrival we noticed the filthy lobby when we checked in a little after 6 pm. After settling in our room we noticed the bed- it was old and hard a bit like a Howard johnson or motel 6. I immediately called down to the front desk and was told a manager was not on duty but would call me back when she came in. We decided to eat at a local restaurant and were called an hour later.. A woman who claimed to be a manager (Christy Villarino) called and said we can get you a room with that kind of bed as soon as we clean one for you. Hard to believe rooms were still not clean by 7:00pm at this point. She told me she'd call back, and after a half hour she said we don't have those kind of beds and she'd be happy to call another hotel. I asked why would someone lie to me when I made the reservation( I called the hotel directly ) she was very defensive and refused to right the situation. I told her I would be writing a negative review about the hotel and she said " reviews both positive and negative are a wonderful learning tool for our owners" I can assure you there was a lot more said but I am only putting in the important parts. She told me and my husband who had a back injury that we would never be happy and our only option was to leave the hotel. We left dinner SHOCKED tired and feeling abused. When we arrived back at the hotel our keys were deactivated and we were not allowed in our room. After calling down to the front desk a hotel employee opened the door and escorted us out of the hotel as if we were criminals! This happened because we questioned the management. This was the worst experience I have ever had at any hotel in the USA. I would like to say that corporate is doing a full on investigation and has refunded our money for the new hotel we stayed in that night. I also must include that a refund by that hotel took six days! This is not a hotel its a hostile at best. Do yourself a favor and stay at the hilton garden hotel next door- GREAT STAY!!

Room Tip: Don't stay at a Hampton inn that is franchised ! And don't stay at this one!!