“Really pretty good for an airport area hotel”

Price range: US$20 - US$40
Reviewed 31 October 2013

I visited the bar area of the Two Fifty Restaurant in the Embassy Suites from my adjacent Hampton Inn. The reviews that I read were somewhere between OK to poor, but I had little time to venture on foot across the freeway for great Thai or Italian. I had a Caesar salad with grilled chicken and was surprised when they could add anchovies to the salad. You may not like anchovies, but if a restaurant has them, it's an indicator that they really cook in the kitchen and don't just warm frozen food. The food was tasty, the service prompt and friendly, and the price was about right for a hotel restaurant. My seat mates at the bar had penne pasta and fish-n-chips, and both were very happy with their selections.

Reviewed 8 July 2012

This restaurant offers casual dining within the Embassy Suites Hotel in South San Francisco. We were not guests at this hotel, but were at a neighboring hotel; it is readily available to all. The whole hotel building surrounds a central atrium space, full of full-size trees, plantings, water coursing through, and a goldfish pond. Several glass elevators scale the interior walls. The atmosphere is upscale casual, with glass, brass, ceramic, etc. Restaurant tables are nestled throughout this greenhouse space, as well as in an adjoining dining room & bar.
The menu has a few entrees and several "smaller" choices, for light dining. I had a trio of sliders with fries, while my husband ordered a fish & chips plate. Our bill was $30, including one soft drink. Our service was painfully slow that evening, but otherwise we enjoyed this restaurant and would return if in the South San Francisco area. It's a nice atmosphere just to go in and have drinks as well, I would presume.

Reviewed 11 April 2012

I stay at the Embassy Suites very often and have found the restaurant OK in a pinch, but when I eat here, it's because I do not feel like walking a half a mile to where all the restaurants are. Fairly limited menu and the food is only OK. Restaurant is usually very sparse, yet I still often have to wait a long time to get served. Better than going hungry, but not by a lot.

Reviewed 29 February 2012

Great food and you received a large serving. I was only given the "Dinner" menu, but I seen other patrons ordering off of another "salad " menu after I received my meal.

Reviewed 22 January 2012

The menu was very limited, I was looking forward to some local food items, but there weren't very may choices. The beer was unreasonably
priced. Up side the burger was great but the bacon I ordered was not included (they forgot it, yes,I did pay for it and it was not removed from the ticket), the comp was a dessert, not bad, I do recommend the bread pudding if you are into things like that. I would probably go to a different property to eat next time.