“Shady Service”
Review of All Seasons Lodge

All Seasons Lodge
Reviewed 29 December 2012

Shady place....stay away! My husband and I made a reservation at All Seasons Lodge for a weekend getaway in SF and the owner/manager (Raj) quoted us a price over the phone. Before arriving, we called Raj to see if it was ok to check in (since it was still early..about 1pm). Raj told us our room was ready and eagerly told us to come in.

We arrived in the small lobby and it smelled strongly of curry. I actually like curry, but the smell was very strong and might turn off some people. Upon checking in, it became quite apparent that Raj never took down our reservation. He repeatedly asked us how many nights we were staying, how many beds and gave us a higher price that what he quoted us over the phone. Luckily my husband wrote down the reservation number and price he quoted us, and Raj agreed to give us the lower price, Raj then tells us that we will have to wait an hour for our room since the last guy checked out late. Uh...WHAT. We called 45 minutes ago and he told us the room was ready. Annoyed and tired, we reluctantly wandered around the neighborhood and waited since we were already there.

45 minutes later, we called Raj to check in on the room. He said to give him 15 more minutes. At this point, we were ready to give up and cancel our reservations but decided to give him the benefit of the doubt at the end.

15 minutes later we drove back to the hotel. At this time, it was actually TWO HOURS after the stated check-in time of 1pm. But Raj gave us our keys and we thought we could finally check into our room. But when we got there, the chamber maid was JUST starting to clean up and told us it would take her 15 minutes. WTF. We went back down to the lobby and told Raj we wanted to cancel. He kept giving the same excuses....last guest checked in late, the chamber maid is working on it now, etc. It doesn't matter. He kept giving us false promises and wasting our time. I think we would've been more understanding if he were just honest with us about the time. Not only that, but never did he ONCE apologize for this mix up.

We got our money back but this experience left a sour taste in our mouths. Raj ruined our weekend getaway and he for sure won't be getting our and any of our friends and family's business in the future.

• Stayed: December 2012, travelled as a couple
3  Thank cltong482

Reviewed 10 August 2012

The hotel is conveniently located close to the airport, room (and bathroom, too) was spacious and it is reasonably inexpensive, although it had a strange smell, like there was somebody's corpse under the carpet (it is just to give an idea), although the room seemed reasonably clean overall.
Besides this, it is very close to a main road (El Camino Real) but car noise did not bother us at all. Free parking on-site is definitely a plus! Also, BART station is 10 min walking distance, just in case you want to avoid the hassle of driving (and parking, especially) downtown.
Manager is not the warmest and welcoming person in the world, but we did not have troubles with him, either

Room Tip: Maybe ask for a room on the side far from the main road, which has quite some traffic. Ours was far...
  • Stayed: August 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Alexander198653
Reviewed 4 August 2012

My husband and I were on a road trip and wanted to visit San Francisco but couldn’t find a hotel at a reasonable price. We found the All Seasons Lodge in South San Francisco about 20 minutes outside of SF. We stayed three nights and, after all the taxes, the room was about $100 a night with parking.

We were pleasantly surprised by our room. They offer a basic room with limited amenities: no hair dryer or iron but a refrigerator and microwave. It’s not fancy but it was exactly what we needed. Despite being on busy street, El Camino Real, it was surprisingly quiet. Our room was right off the road and we didn't have any noise issues.

The room had obviously been redone and looked fairly nice but it did have a musty smell. We just turned on the fan and it went away fairly quickly. The showerhead, however, was installed so high up the wall that I couldn’t effectively use it. I ended up using the bath faucet to rinse when I washed my hair.

This is definitely a great option for anyone who wants to visit SF and doesn’t want to spend an arm and a leg for a room…and then have to spend more $ to park your car.

Room Tip: We stayed in a room right off the road and it was surprisingly quiet (and I am a light sleeper).
  • Stayed: July 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 8 July 2012

I have watched this property being renovated over the past years. The owners have gone the extra mile in making sure the rooms have newer updated decor, etc. The owner is helpful and very friendly. Price is right compared to name brand hotels and motels in area.
Two negatives:
1) The bathroom commode was very low and the seating area was very small. Having renovated many properties myself, I have always used high seated toilets (20"-21" at the top of the seat) with oblong shaped bowl. These are much better for tall persons and larger people. The cost is only a few dollars more ... in bulk the same price. I have found this problem even at the "big named properties" as well.
2) Why do budget hotels have small BATH TOWELS ? Large towels are soft and great for drying.

• Stayed: July 2012, travelled solo
Reviewed 17 March 2012

I just stayed for 2 days and nights, and I'm glad I chose this Lodge rather than the more expensive ones nearer the airport. The room was clean with a microwave and mini-fridge. Parking was free and covered, and owners were very nice - they even used their computer to assist me in getting directions to a store I wanted to visit nearby. I was concerned that there would be noise from incoming or outgoing flights, but I only heard one plane overhead each night of my stay. A supermarket as well as some fast-food outlets were also in close walking distance. A Costco and Trader Joe's and Barnes & Nobles, is only a 7 minute drive away.
Great location and great place to stay!

Room Tip: all rooms are on 2nd level and parking stalls are underneath.
  • Stayed: March 2012, travelled solo
1  Thank lbamusic
Reviewed 30 November 2011

We had an AMAZING TIME here, the couple who owned it did everything they could to make sure we had an amazing time, treating us like one of the family!

• Stayed: September 2011, travelled with friends
1  Thank joanna w
Reviewed 29 August 2011

nice updated decor, large room, med. size fridge and microwave, free parking, free wifi, very friendly staff, quiet neighborhood off the beaten path. i stayed here w/ my small boys. it was great! very clean and very modern. in the same week i had stayed at the doubletree near sea-tac airport and paid almost twice the amount. they charged for everything! parking was 20 dollars per day, room was ugly, no fridge, no micro, no wifi. i would definitely stay here again!!

• Stayed: August 2011, travelled with family
Airport Inn
Airport Inn
#19 of 28 in South San Francisco
Americas Best Value Inn & Suites - San Francisco Airport
Americas Best Value Inn & Suites...
#5 of 28 in South San Francisco
Comfort Inn & Suites San Francisco  Airport North
Comfort Inn & Suites San Francis...
#15 of 28 in South San Francisco

Been to All Seasons Lodge? Share your experiences!