“Best Western in South San Francisco”

Best Western Plus Grosvenor Airport Hotel
GreenLeadersBronze level
Reviewed 24 June 2014

We has a group of 12 visiting San Francisco and the surrounding vineyards and trails. The Best Western Plus Grosvenor Airport Hotel in South San Francisco was a very good choice for our last day. It is close to the airport, had very good food, and was enjoyable. I would recommend it.

Review collected in partnership with Best Western
GeneralManager650, General Manager at Best Western Plus Grosvenor Airport Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 25 June 2014

Hello Duane and we are pleaed to hear that your group enjoyed our hotel while you were in the Bay Area! See you again soon hopefully! Jim McGuire, General Manager

Write a ReviewReviews (2,085)

Reviewed 24 June 2014

Great customer service throughout the hotel. Rooms comfortable, food excellent and frequent shuttle times to airport. A pleasant surprise is Costco was a block away! We were able to get another suitcase(s)!

Review collected in partnership with Best Western

Hello Barbara and thanks for posting your review! We are happy you enjoyed your stay and found Costco's location across the street convenient! I hope you didn't miss See's Candies right next door! If so, there's always next time! See you again soon we hope. Jim McGuire, GM

Reviewed 23 June 2014

I really wanted to like this hotel based on the reviews and descriptions of other visitors ... only thing I can figure is that this hotel must be under-going renovations. I received an old room in bad need of repairs that had a number of flaws that I'm sure would not pass a safety inspection (exposed outlets missing faceplates, extension cords stretched across the room to power the fridge). We were pretty much only in the room for sleeping purposes and used the rest of the time to sight-see ... so it was tolerable, but if I'd been in the room more I likely would have complained. In retrospect I probably should have complained and asked for a different room. I've stayed in MUCH better Best Western Hotels in recent times.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Best Western

Hello Greg and thanks for posting here as well. As I mentioned in my personal email to you, we took care of the outlet cover that was behind your bed. It was clearly an oversight - we had to take the box spring and mattress apart to get to it, but so sorry about that! We do hope to see you again in the future. Thanks again. Jim McGuire, General Manager

Reviewed 22 June 2014

Dinner was good and tasty. Breakfast was good yet bland and running on the cool side for warm items. Nothing exceptional from anyone with regards to service. Baggage handling was nonexistent. Beds were very comfortable. No jet noise from 11 to 6 it seamed.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Best Western
GeneralManager650, General Manager at Best Western Plus Grosvenor Airport Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 23 June 2014

Hi Nick and thank you for your review. I am sorry that our bellman was not available for you. We always have staff available to assist with bags if the bellman was not on. I am happy you enjoyed our restaurant. We hope to see you again soon. Jim McGuire, General Manager

Reviewed 22 June 2014

After three nights at Fisherman's Wharf, we stayed here because of the cost, proximity to the airport and the convenience to explore areas south of SF. The restaurant food was good, but not a lot to choose from the dinner menu. The special was the same for 2 nights. The breakfast buffet was fresh, ample selections, and a relaxed atmosphere.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with friends

Hello Joann and thanks for your comments! I am hald you enjoyed your stay with us. Our dinner specials change daily, so not sure what happened here, but I will speak to the Chef! We hope to see you again soon. Jim McGuire, General Manager

Reviewed 21 June 2014

Following a few days of business meetings in Mountain View I transferred to a hotel near SFO to avoid the morning traffic on the 101. I stayed one night at the Best Western Grosvenor and it suited my needs very well. I picked the Best Western for its location and the cost. Most of the hotels were advertising rated of $300+ or were lower end budget options, but I was able to get a room at the Best Western for about $180.

The Best Western is located just north of SFO and very near to the rental car return terminal. There is a gas station (a Valero, as I recall) just off the 101 as you exit onto South Airport Blvd, so filling the rental car prior to returning it to the terminal was very convenient. Since the Best Western is just up the road from the rental car terminal on Airport Blvd it is an easy drive to return the car (no messing with the 101 in the morning!)

The hotel itself was fine. It is an older facility, so a little dated and worn, but I found the room to be clean, comfortable and had plenty of space for one person (and would have been fine for two). Standard king room, included a desk and chair, easy chair, nightstand, chest, flatscreen TV, refrigerator, coffee maker and a small selection of snacks for purchase (reasonably priced for a hotel; I think the candy bars were $1.50). The bathroom was again a little dated but had space to maneuver, plenty of towels and all the standard amenities (soap, shampoo, hairdryer, etc.).

I only dealt with the staff at the front desk, but both Bianco at check-in and Justin at check-out were cheerful and helpful. There was a restaurant on site as well as a small fitness center. I did not have time to try either, but at least I know they are there for future visits. Parking did cost $7.00 per night for self-parking, but that was less expensive than what colleagues paid at other hotels near the airport ($15 - $23 per night).

So for ease of access to SFO, I would certainly stay at the Best Western Grosvenor again.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled on business

OhioHick, thanks so much for your detailed review! It certainly will help our future guests who want to know about our location, convenience and amenities! We appreciate your thoughts and for also mentioning Bianca and Justin! We really appreciate your feedback and look forward to your next visit! Jim McGuire, General Manager

Reviewed 21 June 2014

A great location near the airport and freeway. Easy to access and great breakfast. Also make sure you keep an eye on your water because housekeeping will likely take it. Other than that, its a great place.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Best Western

Hello William - thanks for your review. Not sure what the mix-up is with the water, as I mentioned to you in my personal email to you, but I'm pretty sure our housekeepers aren't responsible for it. They have their own supply, but we appreciate and thank you for your comments! See you again soon. Jim McGuire, General Manager

Also consider these accommodations in or near South San Francisco
Best Western Plus El Rancho Inn
Hilton Garden Inn San Francisco Airport North
Hilton Garden Inn San Francisco ...
#1 of 28 in South San Francisco
Hampton Inn San Francisco-Airport
Hampton Inn San Francisco-Airpor...
#2 of 28 in South San Francisco
Comfort Inn & Suites San Francisco  Airport North
Comfort Inn & Suites San Francis...
#15 of 28 in South San Francisco
Holiday Inn Express San Francisco Airport-North
Holiday Inn Express San Francisc...
#12 of 28 in South San Francisco
Ramada Limited San Francisco Airport North
Ramada Limited San Francisco Air...
#5 of 28 in South San Francisco

Been to Best Western Plus Grosvenor Airport Hotel? Share your experiences!