“Good value and good location”

Residence Inn San Francisco Airport/Oyster Point Waterfront
Reviewed 24 October 2013

Stayed for 6 nights in a 2 bedroomed suite. The facility met all our needs. Clean, quiet and close to the freeway to access the city and airport. Staff were helpful and knowledgeable. We appreciated the daily breakfast, and enjoyed one happy hour, after which, no dinner was required,

Stayed: October 2013, travelled with family
2  Thank wazzap54
Mark J, General Manager at Residence Inn San Francisco Airport/Oyster Point Waterfront, responded to this reviewResponded 2 December 2013

Wow- thank you for your wonderful review of the Oyster Point Residence Inn. We are so pleased that we exceeded your already very high expectations and that you that you felt the hotel was clean and quiet. We hope that you will return for more memories and appreciate the time you took to share your review.

There are newer reviews for Residence Inn San Francisco Airport/Oyster Point Waterfront

Reviewed 22 October 2013

Just spent 6 nights, very clean but tired the kitchen looked like it was from the late 70's or a cheap remodel in the 80's, on arrival there was only one plate and 3 bowls for us to use rang reception who where fast and supplied us with extra plates and bowls however they where plastic not quite the thing to expect after spending almost $330 per night.
Again breakfast was provided but a why bother. Even the waffle makers did not work properly.

There was a free shuttle to the centre but as the "Residence" was the shuttles last stop on both days it was full(along with that the local transport system "BART" was on strike so one would think extra shuttles would be on stand by?) the next was not till the 11am we ended up driving in. Found a cheap enough place to park at the Fishers Mans Wharf end of town on Beach street I think just behind the main drag. It cost us $18 for the day self park.

The wifi was slow and on the computer it was saying it was not a secure line so to have fast access you had to purchase the $5 dollar per 24hr hi speed. Not so free after all.

Staff where nice but not very knowledgeable i.e. when I asked about the fees over the Bay Bridge going out of town she didn't even know that there is no toll on the way out of the city, there is only one, on the why into San Fran.

Having said all above pool area was great kids loved it and actually warm enough for us oldies to swim in.

Would stay again but fell it was over priced for what we got. Hope all this helps.

Room Tip: We had a room facing water, the other side faces train line so I suspect it can get loud but as I di...
  • Stayed: October 2013, travelled with family
3  Thank Majak168

Thank you for your review regarding your stay with us at the Residence Inn Oyster Point. I am sorry that you experienced issues with the shuttle being full. It was an unusual situation with the subway system being on strike and all extra buses were being used that day. I apologize about the inconvenience. In February, we will be undergoing a rooms renovation and will get updated kitchens with stainless steel appliances and granite countertops. In addition, in mid-December we will be upgrading our high speed internet with more bandwidth speed. I will share your comments with my front desk team about the staff not being knowledgeable, as I agree it is very important to know the area.
If your travel plans bring you back to the South San Francisco area, I hope you will give us another opportunity to serve you after our rooms are updated. We hope to make things better the next time.

Reviewed 12 October 2013

I decided to stay close to the airport before my flight out in the morning in order to not get caught in traffic. I also wanted to drop the rental car in the evening so that I can safe a days rent however, the shuttle from the airport to the hotel was annoying! I had to wait 30 minutes for it to show up and than it stopped at several other places before finally reaching the Residence Inn. Not Impressed!

For 230,- USD I would have expected a bit for quality but this place was more than a youth hostle for the elderly!

Normally I dont mind the Marriott hotels but this one has dissapointed me.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled solo
2  Thank Sascha K
Mark J, General Manager at Residence Inn San Francisco Airport/Oyster Point Waterfront, responded to this reviewResponded 21 October 2013

Thank you for your time write this review regarding your stay with us at the Residence Inn Oyster Point. I am sorry that you experienced the shuttle annoyance that you indicated on your review. I feel bad that you were dissapointed in the hotel.
If your travel plans bring you back to the South San Francisco area, I hope you will give us another opportunity to serve you as our rooms are getting updated in January. We hope to make things better the next time.

Reviewed 30 September 2013

The main reason I booked this hotel was because my husband and I were traveling with an elderly family member whom we felt would appreciate having their own bedroom instead of being made to sleep on a sofa bed in the same room as us. I'm the type of person that prefers booking a hotel in the city core (downtown San Francisco). However, the price was way too expensive so I opted for a two bedroom suite with a full kitchenette and living room at the Residence Inn located in South San Francisco instead.

I was extremely pleased with this hotel. It is located 20 minutes drive from downtown San Francisco. There is free parking, and free breakfast buffet every morning. Monday through Wednesday, they have free "social night" meals for all their guests. In my opinion, it's really a full dinner for their guests, and a good incentive to try and get customers to stay with them on the less popular nights. We happen to check in just as social night was beginning on a Wednesday night, and it was a really nice treat to be able to sit down to hotdogs, hamburgers, corncobs, potato salad, unlimited beer and wine. While this is not my idea of a "proper dinner", it's nice just to be able to settle into something comforting like this after having just flown in from a different country.

In terms of quality of the accommodations, I was happy with it. Good housekeeping, clean, well-maintained. Personally, I love the suite 210 that we were staying in. It was basically like living in a 2 bedroom condo.

There are no in-room safes, but at the front desk they have complimentary safety deposit boxes for their guests, where there is only one key...they one you are given to hold on to ( I was informed that if I lost the key, they would have to get a locksmith to open it at my expense).

If I had to think of something negative to say, it would only be that there is nothing outside this hotel. I mean, no shopping malls, no small town to browse around...nothing. It's kind in an area of business park/ buildings. There are no restaurants around close by either. So, be prepared to go for a drive to get food or order food from the neighboring hotel restaurant.

Room Tip: Never book through Expedia. You will get a nicer room if you book directly through the hotel.
  • Stayed: September 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank travellots99

Thank you very much for your "Awesome" review you gave to the hotel. I am happy to hear that the suites were spacious and met your needs. I am delighted to read that you felt our hotel was well maintained. Please come back soon.

Reviewed 21 September 2013

A great view of the bay, but that's about it. No frills place to stay, I left some items behind in my room, when I called back about them, they couldn't locate them. I thought the effort by the staff was what you would get from a person that really didn't care! I expected more.

Room Tip: Ask for a Bay View room, for a great view!
  • Stayed: September 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank DavidBishopp

Thank you for staying with us and for writing to me about the areas that did not enhance your stay. I do apologize for the lack of response with your lost items. We were not responsive to your request and we should have made more of an effort to locate your things. Please call me at the hotel and I will personally look for your lost and found items. I hope we have another opportunity to be of service to you in the future.

Reviewed 20 September 2013

I found this place last minute, and was quite pleased with it. It is not in the city itself, but not far from it. The nice part was that there are rooms overlooking a little back-bay area, and they have balconies with table and chair.
Rooms were clean and comfy, pretty standard for a marriott property.

The staff was very helpful and helped me get the room for a second night at a good price, also drove me to the train station, because they gave me the wrong info on their complementary shuttle to downtown SF. (they have one which runs roughly from 9 am to 6pm) overall, this place is near nothing, except the local executive park, and so you need a car, unless you have the time to wait for the shuttle (apx every 2 hrs) or you could take their free airport shuttle, and then hop on the train (BART) from there, to get to the city.

Breakfast was not included with my room, but they do have a little "cafe" area, you can get basic meals there. Wifi is free, and there is a nice area outside where you can sit, overlooking the waterway.

I rated the location as very good, because I'm not a city person. i loved having the balcony, waterview, and fresh air streaming in through the slider all night long. Got to hear ducks and other birds in the morning. If these things don't make you happy, then you might consider the remoteness to be a negative. Personally I loved it!

Room Tip: Get a room with a balcony, overlooking the water. It's not spectacular view, across the water a...
  • Stayed: September 2013, travelled solo
1  Thank rhodeygem

Thank you for staying with us and for writing to me about the areas that enhanced your stay. I am happy to hear that the staff was helpful. You mentioned that breakfast was not included, however at Residence Inn a complimentary hot breakfast buffet is offered daily. You also stated to ask for a room with a balcony. We do not have any suites that have balconies, however we have many suites with spectacular views of the San Francisco Bay. Perhaps you are referring to the the Courtyard by Marriott which is located right next door to our hotel.

We hope we have another opportunity to be of service to you in the future.

Reviewed 11 September 2013

We were forced to stay overnite due to United airlines cancelling our connecting flight to Palm Springs. We are Gold elite Marriott members so we called the Residence Inn and was able to book our room at the last minute. The shuttle picked us up and we were greeted by the Front desk guy and he was incredibly nice and helpful after a stressful flight. We had a one bedroom suite and it was perfect for our needs, clean and comfortable. If I ever have a stop over in SF, this is where I will stay.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled as a couple

Thank you for taking the time to share your thoughts about your recent stay at our hotel. We appreciate the positive comments about the nice and helpful service you received after such a stressful flight. Our goal is to make our guests feel like we are a "home away from home". We hope that we have the opportunity to have you back with us again in the future.

Also consider these accommodations in or near South San Francisco
Courtyard San Francisco Airport/Oyster Point Waterfront
Courtyard San Francisco Airport/...
#7 of 28 in South San Francisco
Hilton Garden Inn San Francisco Airport North
Hilton Garden Inn San Francisco ...
#1 of 28 in South San Francisco
Homewood Suites by Hilton San Francisco Airport-North
DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel San Francisco Airport North
Hampton Inn San Francisco-Airport
Hampton Inn San Francisco-Airpor...
#2 of 28 in South San Francisco
Embassy Suites by Hilton San Francisco Airport - South San Francisco
Embassy Suites by Hilton San Fra...
#8 of 28 in South San Francisco

Been to Residence Inn San Francisco Airport/Oyster Point Waterfront? Share your experiences!