Holiday Inn Express San Francisco Airport-North
US$197
Travelers Inn(South San Francisco)
US$164
US$231
US$188
US$181
Orbitz.com
All reviewssan franciscofree breakfastrental caryogurtroom was largean early flightbusiness centercoffee makerparking feefree shuttle servicebed was very comfortableone night staytesshieairportsfomcdonalds
Reviewed 16 February 2013

My daughter and I had two overnight stays at the Holiday Inn Express San Francisco Airport -- North in January (5th and 18th) while attending cultural events in the city. I chose this hotel because of 1) it was cheaper than staying in the heart of San Francisco; 2) its location away from the city (but close enough) and near the freeway and 3) for the points-- as I am a Priority Rewards member. I also prefer staying at the Expresses versus the full-blown Holiday Inns (one is located a couple of blocks from this Express) because they are no-fuss, efficient and adequate for my simple need to just have a clean, comfy place to stay overnight. I also like the free breakfast these establishments provide which saves me money. Both overnight stays delivered-- they were uneventful. The first night not only did the front desk clerk suggest a great Italian restaurant for dinner that was just a couple of miles away (Buon Gusto), about 10 minutes after getting to the room she called to ask if our room was okay -- nice touch. About an hour later while trying to figure out how to work the remote for the TV, I called the front desk for assistance; the clerk indicated she'd have maintainence come up to help. Within five minutes the technician knocked on the door and gave a tutorial on how to work the remote control. About 30 minutes after the technician left our room, the clerk called again and asked if maintainence had come and helped us out. Again, great customer service! The second overnight stay went just as smooth. In fact, my daughter and I were placed in the same clean room with the comfy queen-size bed:) I plan to return to San Francisco at least another 1-2 times this year and will book a room at this Holiday Inn Express without hesitation. In fact, this will be my Holiday Inn Express of choice for all future visits to San Francisco.

• Stayed: January 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank Keepinitrealincali
HEXS_Management, Manager at Holiday Inn Express San Francisco Airport-North, responded to this reviewResponded 18 February 2013

Thank you for the kind words. We appreciate your feedback, and hope to see you again, during your next visit to the San Francisco Area.

Reviewed 24 January 2013

We utilized this property because of its proximity to SFO and our need to get to the airport for an early flight. We arrived in mid PM the day before our arrival and were welcomed by John Nguyen at the front desk. What a pleasant experience to be greeted by this individual! He was most helpful anticipating our needs for a proper shuttle pickup time, provided really good directions for rental car return and a nearby restaurant we wanted to visit, etc. We have traveled 50+ years and I must say this was the most pleasant courteous front desk reception we have ever experienced. John is to be commended for his approach to guests. The room itself was clean and quiet considering its proximity to the airport. The shuttle was very clean and on time, and we were assured if it arrived without room for us that a second one would be called within minutes to accomodate our needs. The breakfast meal was fine, and the dining area was whistle clean.

• Stayed: January 2013, travelled solo
1  Thank MidwestAldo
HEXS_Management, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express San Francisco Airport-North, responded to this reviewResponded 25 January 2013

Thank you for taking the time in sending your comments regarding the friendliness of our staff. I will be sure to commend our staff appropriately.

Once again, thank you. We appreciate your feedback and we look forward to serving you again soon.

Reviewed 23 January 2013

Booked this HI Express because I had a brief layover in San Francisco between flights. Everything was going smoothly, HI confirmed my reservation and such... then while waiting for the shuttle... I discovered that there are more than one shuttle for various HI hotels nearby. It got very confusing as there was an HI Express North and an HI Express South. Oddly, the drivers didn't seem to be able to confirm if they were the shuttle for my hotel. I mean the HI is on "South Airport Blvd" but apparently located "Airport - North". Yikes. Finally, I got tired of waiting and just boarded one of the shuttles, taking a chance that I would get to my destination. Luckily I did. Other than the shuttle SNAFU (know your hotel address ahead of time) - the service was solid, the room was adequate and clean, location is convenient and I was overall satisfied by the HI Express. The "breakfast" they offer I find a bit low and tasteless but at least at 5 am there is something to put in my stomach and juice/ coffee too. Appreciate the effort to have something available.

• Stayed: November 2012, travelled solo
1  Thank Peregrina-Norte
Reviewed 5 January 2013

Stayed here for a 49er game which was a great location for the game. However, the hotel was fully booked and there was not enough parking to accomodate all guests as it's a park and ride hotel (for the airport). The room was spacious and clean. Beds were decent and breakfast was standard fair. A few processed hot items but not exactly good. I think my biggest complaint is that the shower had no hot water. It was a notch above lukewarm and we took showers at different times with same results.

• Stayed: December 2012, travelled with family
2  Thank Terry A
HEXS_Management, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express San Francisco Airport-North, responded to this reviewResponded 7 January 2013

On behalf of the entire staff at the Holiday Inn Express San Francisco Airport North, we would like to thank you for your stay and comments. We sincerely apologize about the hot water issue. The boiler did breakdown during the night of your stay at the hotel. Although we do have a backup unit, the demand for water in the morning appears to have been in excess of what the back-up unit could handle. We have since replaced the unit with a brand new boiler. Further, we are looking into a secondary backup unit. We hope that you will give us another try during your next trip to a San Francisco 49er game.

Reviewed 30 December 2012

The property is located several miles north of the car rental return area of San Francisco Airport in an industrial no-mans land and is dreary and unwelcoming. Parking costs $8.95 per night. Rooms are serviceable. Early morning breakfast is hodge-podge of semi-warm items with no attendant in sight.

• Stayed: December 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank SailorGene
HEXS_Management, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express San Francisco Airport-North, responded to this reviewResponded 2 January 2013

On behalf of the entire staff at the Holiday Inn Express, we would like to thank-you for your stay and comments. The hotel is located less than one mile north of San Francisco International Airport and within a ten minute drive to beautiful Downtown San Francisco. We apologize that our breakfast attendant, despite being on-duty, was unable to assist you personally during your stay; however, due to the vast number of items that we offer in our complimentary morning breakfast, the attendant can get busy during periods of high occupancy. Our breakfast features many hot and cold breakfast items including freshly made pancakes, warm cinnamon roles, scrambled eggs, bacon, sausage, egg and cheese omelet, biscuits, hard-boiled eggs, yogurt, various cereals, pastries, fresh fruit, bagels, toast, oatmeal, cereals, assorted juices, coffee, tea, and hot chocolate.