Holiday Inn Express San Francisco Airport-North
Bogota, Colombia
“Good hotel”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 June 2014

This is a good hotel located within minutes from the airport. Rooms are ok, service is good. Wi-fi signal can be improved. Breakfast is ok. The hotel also provides a free airport shuttle. Overall, this hotel is recommended if you have an overnight layover in SFO.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled on business
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 4 of 5 bubbles

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (69)
  • Arabic first
  • Turkish first
St. George, Utah
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 31 May 2014

This remodeled HIE has a great location right next to the SFO airport, CalTrain lines to the city and Highway 101 for easy access to all parts of the Bay Area. The hotel staff including John the manager, Tess and all the other front desk personnel are extremely helpful and knowledgeable. Rooms are clean, as are all the other areas of the hotel. Do yourself a favor and stay here the next time you are in San Francisco.

1 Thank Wienerfish
San Jose, California
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 May 2014

I booked the park and fly program through this hotel for a trip that was 5 days over the 14 days included in their package. I booked it through the main number for Holiday Inn which quoted me $9.99 per day for each additional day. In addition the confirmation also had $9.99 per day on it as well. When I checked in they charged me $15. When I discovered this I asked for a refund for the difference stating the fact that I was quoted something different AND the confirmation had a $9.99 amount as well.. Despite the fact that I am supposedly a "valued" customer as an IHG Platinum AND asked two managers to reimburse the difference based on the $9.99 amount on my confirmation and the verbal verification they declined to do so stating the $9.99 "was just for one day parking" Not only was the confirmation unclear but I was quoted the wrong amount over the phone. If they had stated it was $15.00 per additional day I probably would not have booked this hotel.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled with friends
1 Thank TravelQueen2002
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express San Francisco Airport-North, responded to this review, 20 June 2014
Dear TravelQueen2002,

Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel and for being a Platinum Elite member of our IHG Rewards Club program. I apologize for any inconvenience you may have experienced with your reservation. We take comments such as these very seriously and would like to follow up with you. I have sent you a private message in an effort to obtain more information.

I look forward to hearing back from you very soon.

Faith R
Case Manager
IHGCare
Acton, California
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 May 2014

Due to some serious back issues, my first priority is ALWAYS the bed...which is why I like Holiday Inn Express in general. They never disappoint in that area. HOWEVER, the staff at this particular hotel is wonderful. We needed to check in early so we could attend our daughter's graduation on time. I was fully prepared to beg and plead...but it was unnecessary. I spoke to TESS the day before, and when we arrived, she went above and beyond to accommodate us. Another young man helped us as well but I do not remember his name...but it doesn't matter because EVERYONE was just so nice. • The Free Breakfast was good too. Lots of choices and HOT food. The girls that staffed the breakfast area were great too...very nice people. • The room itself was nice and clean. Great TV with Direct TV cable. The only odd thing was the configuration of the doors (closet, bathroom, main entry)...it was such a tight space, we found ourselves getting "trapped" and had to be careful...minor thing that we actually found amusing!
We booked 3 rooms, 2 of which had arm chairs and ottomans. Ours had only a low table which we actually preferred. So if an arm chair is important to you, you may want to ask. We were all on the 3rd floor - did not notice any air conditioning noise. I think our rooms were on the north side of the building(?).

Overall...the best part of the hotel is the staff. (Okay...maybe the easy parking too...this is San Francisco, after all!) Thank you TESS and everyone.

Room Tip: We booked 3 rooms, 2 of which had arm chairs and ottomans. Ours had only a low table which we actual...
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled with family
Dalton, Georgia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 May 2014

After a long day flying from the east coast, got to SFO late and stayed close to the airport just to unwind and not have to fight the traffic that night. When we checked in, we were upgraded to an executive suite and also got late check out. The desk staff were as good as I find anywhere in my travels. The breakfast was extremely good, the shuttle service was prompt and polite. This will be the hotel of choice for those early morning flights out of SFO in the future.

Berkeley, California
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 May 2014

I needed a place to relax at SFO after a long evening flight from the east after a long day in the east. Even though I was already a fan of Holiday Inn Express in general, I was very pleasantly surprised by how nice the remodel was of this location. The modern, comfy, and convenient atmosphere was fantastic and really allowed me to enjoy my relaxation that night and get ready to head back to work in the morning...AFTER the great HIE free buffet breakfast. The staff was friendly, especially, but not limited to, Tess at the front desk, and the shuttle service to and from SFO was perfect. I will definitely check out availability here when I need a stay before an early morning flight out of SFO or for an evening stay. And with the medium-sized fridge and microwave standard in HIE locations, at least in the U.S., this would be a good option as well for a family.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled solo
1 Thank CalBearTravel
Hawthorne, New Jersey
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 May 2014

My Wife And I Went To California For 10 Days. We Stayed At 6 Hotels Including This Holiday Inn Express. Out Of All 6 Including 2 Sheraton's We Liked This One Best! Fran & Tess And All The Employees Made Us Feel Right At Home! Clean And Neat. Modern And Charming. Very Good FREE Breakfast. And Free Parking. Very Nice Room And Comfortable Bed. Nice Quite Air Conditioner. Very Nice LG TV. Really, What More Could You Ask For? Two Thumbs Up, We'll Be Back! Tony & Brenda Vigorito, Hawthorne, NJ :-)

Also consider these accommodations in or near South San Francisco
BEST WESTERN PLUS Grosvenor Airport Hotel
BEST WESTERN PLUS Grosvenor Airp...
#3 of 28 in South San Francisco
4.0 of 5 bubbles 1,842 reviews
Holiday Inn San Francisco - Intl Airport
Holiday Inn San Francisco - Intl...
#17 of 28 in South San Francisco
Hilton Garden Inn San Francisco Airport North
Hilton Garden Inn San Francisco ...
#1 of 28 in South San Francisco
Quality Inn & Suites -- South San Francisco
Quality Inn & Suites -- South Sa...
#9 of 28 in South San Francisco
BEST WESTERN PLUS El Rancho Inn
Hampton Inn San Francisco-Airport
Hampton Inn San Francisco-Airpor...
#2 of 28 in South San Francisco

Been to Holiday Inn Express San Francisco Airport-North? Share your experiences!