We were at the end of our trip to Bay Area (btw, everyone should visit SF at least once in their lifetime) and have an early flight the next morning. We chose this hotel for its proximity to SFO as we wanted to avoid maneuvering the infamous SF traffic to catch our flight.
First of all, the address given by the hotel's website was not found in Hertz's GPS. So we entered some street number that was close enough. When we got close, we saw Holiday Inn and pulled in. When we were ready to check in, the front desk pointed out that we booked "Holiday Inn Express" which was a block down. Back to the car we went.
Upon arrival, the check in was quick and easy. After the usual "thank you for being our Platinum member yadda yadda...", we were told there is a $9.99 charge for parking. Well, after driving and parking in SF for the previous few days, we came to realize that nothing much was free in that city, even street parking. I could have returned the rental car and take the hotel's bus shuttle to SFO. But it was late and we were tired and hungry, so $10 wasn't too bad considering everything else.
The hotel lobby looked new and updated. When we arrived at our room, my son did the usual "jumping test" on the beds and he approved. The room looked new as well, and the furnishings looked updated. We had a view from our window, that is if you considered the "South San Francisco City" letters arranged on the nearby slope worthy of a view. We had a good rest, all refreshed and ready for the journey home early next morning.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Holiday Inn Express San Francisco Airport North is centrally located just one mile north of San Francisco International Airport and minutes from San Francisco's world famous attractions and financial district. Complimentary amenities with each night's stay include a free hot morning breakfast buffet, free San Francisco International Airport and BART station shuttle service, free high-speed wired and wireless Internet access throughout the hotel, and free use of the hotel's 24 hour business center.The hotel also offers guests an expanded fitness room and whirlpool spa. In-room amenities in all of the the hotel's newly renovated oversized guestrooms include a luxury pillow-top mattress, 32" flat panel television, microwave/refrigerator, digital safe, cordless phone, two-line speakerphone with data-port and voice mail, iron/ironing board, coffeemaker, and a large 48" executive desk with an ergonomic chair. A coin-op guest laundry facility and ATM are also available on-site.Park Stay & Go Packages are available, which can include up to 14 days of covered parking beyond your actual stay at the hotel.San Francisco City, Alcatraz, and Napa Valley Room and Tour Packages are available, which include both accommodations and tour pick-up and drop-off services from and to the hotel. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, IHG, Expedia, Priceline, Travel Republic (UK), Hotels.com, Ebookers, TripOnline SA, Traveltool, S.L.U., Evoline ltd, HRS, getaroom.com, HotelQuickly and Cancelon so you can book your Holiday Inn Express San Francisco Airport-North reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Holiday Inn Express San Francisco Airport-North Hotel South San Francisco
- Holiday Inn South San Francisco
- South San Francisco Holiday Inn