“Holiday Inn at San Francisco airport” 3 of 5 bubbles
Review of Holiday Inn San Francisco - Intl Airport

Holiday Inn San Francisco - Intl Airport
GreenLeadersBronze level
NJ
“Holiday Inn at San Francisco airport”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 July 2014 via mobile

For starter, the hotel shuttle runs every 30 mins to the airport.
When I arrived to the hotel, concierge is very nice and check in is smooth and easy. Within 5 mins after i arrived to the hotel, I have already in my room.
The room is nice and clean. In this room it has two beds and the bed size is big enough for 2 adults each. Bed is nice and comfortable. Once you are on it, you don't want to get off from it.
Bathroom is a bit small, but has all the basic amenities. A big flat screen TV has lots of channels to watch and has plenty of space to put your stuff around.
The downside about this room is when that AC is on, it is a bit noisy. And the door and window is kind if thin, so when other people in the hallway talking or opening and close their door, you can hear them quite clear!
The hotel has a restaurant. Around the corner has I-Hope and couple of gas stations. If you are looking for more, the hotel can call a cab for you and more restaurant and shopping is only 5-10 mins drive.
After all, it's a pretty descent hotel and will consider it next time I am here for a short stay.

Stayed July 2014
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn San Francisco - Intl Airport, responded to this review, 15 August 2014
Dear Gregory2014,

Thank you for leaving a comprehensive review, highlighting not only the bad but also the good points of your stay. It is nice to hear that you had a smooth and easy check in and found the beds comfortable. We have taken note of your comments regarding the air conditioning system and forward these to the appropriated department for review. We appreciate your feedback and rest assured that it will be used for future improvements. We look forward to hosting you again.

Connie D
IHGCare

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (91)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
Indianapolis, Indiana
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 July 2014

We had to stay at this hotel because we had a breakdown on our Harley Trike and the dealership was a couple of blocks away. It was a little pricey but we were in San Francisco! It was very upscale, clean, cool, the bedding was wonderful. We ate in the hotel restaurant because it was convenient. The food was really good and the staff for the hotel and restaurant were really friendly.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
HolidayInnIntlArpt, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn San Francisco - Intl Airport, responded to this review, 7 August 2014
Thank you for the wonderful review Marilyn S! We are glad that we were able to provide you with a pleasant environment complete with a comfortable bed, great food and service. We hope that your vehicle is fixed now for your onward travels.
Holiday Inn San Francisco Airport
Kansas City, Kansas
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 July 2014

Stayed the last 2 nights of our trip before our flight out of San Francisco and had a really good experience overall. Clean and comfortable, modern-feeling room. Very nice large open lobby where my husband kept stopping to watch World Cup updates as we walked thru! Easy drive to car rental return by the airport in the morning, so convenient!

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 July 2014

I stayed here for one night before a flight out. The shuttle only runs every 30 minutes from the airport. It is close by. Check in took a while, the other desk clerk was on break and one lady kept asking the other clerk questions. It was not the clerks fault.

The room was nothing special. The place is old and worn down. Unlike many hotels the bathrooms were in good shape. The internet is free, but the breakfast was not free.

I would stay again, but for the price they charge I would give this a pass and spend my money elsewhere.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled solo
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn San Francisco - Intl Airport, responded to this review, 2 August 2014
Dear TonyBur,

Thank you for your feedback. We take our guest comments very seriously and always strive to provide comfortable and friendly accommodations. We’re sorry we fell below your expectation regarding the check in experience and property condition. We will address these concerns. I assure you the feedback of our hotel will be reviewed and most certainly forwarded to the appropriate departments. We take the confidence our guests place in us very seriously and work diligently to rectify any unsatisfactory experiences. We hope you give us a chance in the future to show you how great our hotel is.

Orlando A.
Hong Kong, China
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 July 2014

I needed a room to crash for 12 hours before my next flight out of SFO so I booked this hotel through hotwire. The price was extremely reasonable for this hotel. The room is big and clean and the bathroom is very clean. The airport shuttle, which was very important to my stay, runs between 4am till 12:40am (I managed to catch the last one!). The staffs are generally friendly and helpful. TV channels are pretty comprehensive - HBO, ESPN, etc etc. There is a restaurant downstairs if you are hungry but definitely don't expect michelin star quality. I left my iphone charger at home but to my surprise, there is a usb power outlet in the room, which totally saved my day.

Two minor things - there are no slippers in the room so pack your own and you can only boil hot water in the coffee maker so your tea/water will smell like coffee to some extent. However, given the price I paid, I'm very happy with my stay. I think the hotel is great for transit but I don't think I'll recommend it if you are looking to stay a few days and explore SF.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled solo
Santa Clarita, California
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 July 2014

The room is nice, beds and pillows were comfortable, bathroom needs updating, a/c was a bit loud. Booked through Priceline and I got the area I expected. Stayed for 2 nights and paid only $206. Requested for two beds with a late check-in time and got what we wanted. They charge for parking which is $11/nt and they give you a parking pass that you put on top of your car's dashboard. However, there were cars parked overnight without the car passes and they weren't towed at all so I don't know how they implement the "parking for registered guests only" rule because it's an open parking lot and I didn't see holiday inn personnel going around and checking on the parked cars for their passes. How do I know that the cars were parked overnight? We were parked in between two cars that I took notice of because I didn't see any parking passes on their respective dashboards. We came in at 10pm to check in and left the following day at 9:30am and those two cars were still there, without the passes. Just made me wonder how they can charge us registered guests for parking and not charge the others who were parked there overnight as well. Wifi was close to non-existent, they should do something about the connection because they can't boast of a free wifi to their guests if it does not work at all. By the way, they will forget to tell you at check in but just to let everyone know that for the elevator to work, you need to put in your keycard at a slot inside the elevator. We stood inside the elevator pressing our floor number for a good 5 minutes until another nice couple came in and told us that we needed to put in our keycard so we can press the floor we need to be in. The couple actually said that they also had the same problem the night before when they checked in and were not informed about the elevator needing a keycard and just like us they stood there and tried to figure out how to make the elevator work. I like that keycards are needed for the elevator to move BUT I believe the front desk people should also let registered guests know.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn San Francisco - Intl Airport, responded to this review, 19 July 2014
Dear IDM1217,

Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel. I am glad that we were able to meet your expectations when it comes to our room accommodations. However, it is regrettable that your experience with our elevator and parking services kept you from having fully enjoyed your stay. I have taken your comments into serious account and rest assured that we will use them to improve on these areas mentioned on your review.

I hope that you will give us another chance to provide you with a more satisfying stay in the future.

Faith R
Pacific Grove, California
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 July 2014

I reserved 2 rooms approx 2-3 weeks ahead; I requested space near UCSF for a medical appointment in San Francisco. I got Price Line and didn't know what hotel I was getting until after it was charged to my acct The next day I realized I only needed one room. Could not cancel. Room was beautiful and spacious, but I couldn't get internet except for a few minutes.

Room Tip: I asked for 2 rooms near UCSF for one night. I got Price LIne, which requires answers to lots of que...