The room was itself was very clean and felt modern. I like that were was a large desk area, a place to put bags out of the way, a fridge and room to move around the room. The beds were a little soft and the pillows a smidgen lumpy, but we all had a good nights sleep. There is some hall noise that wends in to the room, but not enough to be obnoxious. The curtains did a good job keeping out the light.
I was shocked that the hotel windows opened. I have small children and have never stayed in a property that had open windows unless there was a balcony. You can tell that a renovation was done to the property in the recent past. However, it seems like they did not renovate the bathroom (see below).
The bathroom felt very dated. The walls, floor and tub looked dingy. The towels were clean but not very soft. I like that the shower and toilet were in a separate room from the sink, but it was a very tight squeeze to close the bathroom door without standing over the toilet to do so.
In order to reach the rooms you had to put your room key in the elevator. It would only open to the floor your room was on. On the one had I appreciate this as a safety precaution. However, we were traveling with several other people and, although I requested rooms together, one group got split off on to another floor. We tried to get to their room to say goodbye the night we were leaving, but their kids were asleep so they could not come out, and we could not get the elevator to let us off at their floor. It was very disappointing.
The staff was friendly, but always extremely busy. I noticed that my IHG number was not attached to my reservation and went to the front desk twice to take care of it. Both times I left after 5-10 minutes because there were still numerous people in line in front of me. I finally decided it was just easier to call when I got home then attempt to have the front desk do it. Also, I called downstairs for a wake up call and no one answered. There was never a time that the staff seemed to be free. There are people coming in and out at all hours due to proximity to the airport. I think they need to have more staff working.
There is a charge to park ($10/night) and the parking lot was so full we had to park at another hotel.
This property is extremely conveniently located to the airport, with a shuttle that runs frequently, but not always promptly. I waited on the airport shuttle for more than 10 minutes past the stated time when leaving the terminal headed to the hotel.
I got a great deal on this room through priceline ($130). So, for what I paid I was thrilled. However, for what the listed price of this room ($320) was, I would have been unbelievably disappointed. For that price you can stay at some fantastic locations in San Francisco.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Holiday Inn San Francisco International Airport North is located in the birthplace of Biotech and ideally situated for travelers. It is adjacent to the South San Francisco Conference Center, just 1.5 Miles from the San Francisco International Airport, a short distance to DowntownSan Francisco, Less than 30 minutes from Silicon Valley, right off Highway 101, with easy access to Interstate 280 and 380. The hotel features 224 spacious rooms, a brand new lobby with marble floors, fireplace, and all accommodations are thoughtfully appointed with modern amenities such as Overnight Parking at $10.95 including tax, Free High Speed Internet Access,Free Airport Shuttle Service, and 24 Hour Fitness Room. Along with the South San Francisco Conference Center s 16,500 square feet of premium state-of-art Conference Facilities, we offer 6 additional rooms totaling 23,000 sq. Ft. Of Meeting Space. A friendly welcome awaits families and tourists at our hotel. We are located near many tourist attractions such as Fisherman s Wharf, Chinatown, Golden Gate Bridge, Harding Park Golf Course, SBC Park, home of the San Francisco Giants, Monster Park...Go 49ers!, Great America Amusement Park, and the Cow Palace. For business travelers, we are near Genentech, Amgen, Cell Genesys, and United Airlines Western Hub offices. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with IHG, Travel Republic (UK), Odigeo, TripOnline SA, Expedia, Hotels.com, Ebookers, Evoline ltd, HotelsClick, Cancelon, 5viajes2012 S.L. and getaroom.com so you can book your Holiday Inn San Francisco - Intl Airport reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Holiday Inn San Francisco - Intl Airport Hotel South San Francisco
- Holiday Inn San Francisco Airport
- South San Francisco Holiday Inn
- Holiday Inn South San Francisco