“Great Pizza near SFO”

Cuisines: Italian, Pizza
Dining options: After-hours, Delivery, Reservations
Dining options: After-hours, Delivery, Reservations
Reviewed 13 August 2014

We stopped on our way to the airport to fill up our rental car with gas, and found this place by chance.The decor was a little worn but the staff was friendly and gave us good advice for cheaper gas. The pizza was great! We got a medium pepperoni for 3 people and it did the job. The crust was very crispy but not burnt. Everyone commented on the crust. We would stop here again!

Reviewed 17 July 2014

Friendly wait staff and great food. We ordered take out so couldn't vouch for the service. Reasonably priced and a decent selection.

Reviewed 22 June 2014

We stayed at a hotel right down the street and were craving pizza so found this on line. When my friend mentioned the name, I heard it as Sicilia and having relatives from there and having had some great meals at my aunts house, I said lets go. When we arrived in the surprisingly quaint downtown Sout San Francisco are I actually noticed the name was Cecilia. We walked in to this small restaurant of 7 tables (although one was two pushed together so I guess its actually 8) and seated ourselves. The first negative was the young lady who brought the menus. Our "hello" was returned with a blank stare. I initially thought perhaps she was a visiting relative of the Italian owner and didn't speak English, but she was able to take our drink order. She set down our drinks, we said thank you and again that stare while holding her order pad so we ordered a large California pizza, some garlic cheese bread sticks and calamari. Let me summarize the food and let me also preface this by saying that I love to eat and we were also starving. I am in no way some fine dining connoisseur.
The cheesy garlic bread had barely any flavor and the bread just tasted dry. The calamari was clearly premade and store bought and lacked flavor as well. Felt like I was eating day old reheated onion rings. The marinara sauce however was very good. Not the heavy spaghetti sauce type that most places serve. The saving grace is the pizza! It was very good. My favorite part of pizza is the dough. It was a little thinner than I like but the crust was awesome.
So to sum this up, I could not recommend this place unless it's just pizza that you want. In that case I would recommend your order delivery or to go. There are plenty of other eateries in walking distance so if you do come here, look around. There is another Italian restaurant across the street.

Reviewed 31 May 2014

We stopped in at this cute little place because it was the closest to our hotel. We were so pleased with the delicious lunch of handmade pasta and salad. The lunch salad was much bigger and of better quality than most restaurants. The next two nights, we ordered dinner from here to our hotel, and were equally pleased. The shrimp salad was loaded with shrimp, romaine, and some of the best seafood dressing I could remember. The chicken caesar was also delicious and had the best caesar dressing we have tasted. The place was full of locals, so we knew it has a sustained good quality. We highly recommend and look forward to coming here again on our next visit to South San Francisco. The people were very kind and went out of their way to help us. We also enjoyed stopping in at the little hardware store along Grand Ave. and observed the kind of community spirit usually reserved for rural towns as people had their screen doors re-screened and visited with one another. We picked up a gift for someone and something to fix our luggage. We'll remember this place too.

Reviewed 29 April 2014

Food was decently priced and it was ok but not great! Nr the hotel and convenient. Lots of small resturants in the same area.