“A huge sandwich for a huge mess.”

Little Lucca Sandwich Shop
Price range: US$4 - US$10
Cuisines: Delicatessen
South San Francisco, California
“A huge sandwich for a huge mess.”
Reviewed 15 April 2014

Yes, this is one of those little places you'll feel cool knowing about and is always busy. The sandwiches are huge and have great flavor. I don't know if you can miss with any of their combinations. The issue that makes it not 5 star for me is the mess. We take them to go as most people do, and I don't know how most people eat them. With the tomato juices, pickle juice, mayo and pepper sauce, our sandwich bottoms are soaked by the time we get home 15min later. We've started asking for all that stuff on the side just so the bread doesn't turn into a sponge.

• Visited December 2013

South San Francisco, California, United States
“The best sandwich in South San Francisco”
Reviewed 15 April 2014

This place is a landmark in South City! It has the best sandwiches and they are huge for the price. They make each sandwich right in front of you. Expect long lines, especially on the weekends. The place is very small, so you will wind the line around and be very close to others while waiting- but you can people watch or chat with others in line. I have been coming here for many years and it never disappoints.

• Visited January 2014
richmond, california
“A lot of Sandwich for your money .... expect to wait though.”
Reviewed 30 March 2014

had a hankering for an Italian Sandwich while down near South SF ..... made a beeline to Little Lucca's. about a 15 minute wait - time to examine the menu/billboard and chat a bit with other people in line plus watch the way they construct the sandwiches. I overheard someone ask to have the insides scooped out - a good reminder that I like a little less bread sometimes. I ordered the Little Lucca Combo : provolone, mortadella and salami - comes with their garlic spread and hot pepper sauce, which add a nice zing. They cut the 12 inch sandwich in half. I got the Dutch Crunch bread. Nice surprise to see red tomato slices this time of year. $7.50 for 24 oz worth of sandwich. I think I read that you can phone in orders before 11am. The heavy rain kept the lines down - I hear it often is a longer wait than 15 minutes. Don't go if you are in a rush to be somewhere else - you won't enjoy your experience as much.

• Visited March 2014
South San Francisco, California
“So good, the lines can be frustratingly long.”
Reviewed 4 March 2014

Huge sandwiches, fresh ingredients, fairly good prices. If you're lucky enough to get in when the lines are short, go for it. More often than not, however, the lines are ridiculously too long, and while the sandwiches are fantastic, I can't really say that they're worth a 20+ minute long wait.

• Visited February 2014
“Best deluxe sandwich I've ever had!”
Reviewed 17 February 2014

This is the best deli sandwich I've ever had! Well worth the money!! They need to expand though.....small building and a very long wait...but was worth it. Couple of sandwich makers were a bit on the slow side. Fortunately I had a girl named Rudy take my order of five sandwiches .....she was very fast and had made all five sandwiches in the time it took the person next to her to make two. She needs a raise!! I definitely recommend a sandwich from little Lucas! !

• Visited February 2014