“Sleep, Park, and Fly, but don't just choose to stay here for long...”

Travelodge San Francisco Airport North
Reviewed 19 August 2014

If you have to find a place to park for a week or more and your flight is early in the morning, you can't find a cheaper place to sleep, park, and fly. The rooms are clean, but that's it. There was a strange mechanical buzzing in my room that never ended. This hotel looks just like the kind my family stayed at in the 70's and they have done nothing to it since. Families were enjoying the outdoor pool when I arrived. Quite run down, but the shuttle was on time and my car was still there when I returned. I had no problem finding the shuttle at the airport on my return. If you want a bit more comfort, spend another $50, if you don't need it...this is perfect for you.

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled solo
3  Thank Dovie
There are newer reviews for Travelodge San Francisco Airport North

Reviewed 18 August 2014

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 18 August 2014

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled with friends
Reviewed 17 August 2014

The best that I can say is that it was clean, the bed was comfortable, it was convenient to the airport, and a lot less expensive. It is a very tired property and in great need of updating (at least the room we were in was). On check-in I asked about breakfast and was told that the adjacent IHOP had a $5 breakfast for guests. When we asked at the IHOP about it they said no such deal existed. Other problems while minor were never the less annoying.

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 17 August 2014 via mobile

I booked this hotel for $260 at the last minute from my phone when I got stuck at San Francisco airport.
I booked a non smoking room & arrived at 11:15pm only to be told my room was ready, I would have to wait until after midnight for it to be cleaned!?!? This is not what you want to hear when you show up at a hotel this late at night.
They said they only had a smoking room that was 'clean'. I am allergic to smoke, but could not face waiting until after midnight for my room. The rooms are facing a small road & as I walked to the room a car slowly pulled up to me thinking I was a hooker! I am a mom in my late 30's & was wearing long pants & a sweater. My room is on the ground floor and the entry & window face this small road, about 2 feet away, so cars drive buy in the night, which is pretty freaky. Also you can see the door frame had in the past been kicked in, maybe by the cops or something, then glued back together, so the locks were of no use. Anyone could push the door open and the locks would give, so I put my bag in front of the door to try and help keep it shut.
I get in the room & it is the dirtiest room I have ever been in & I have traveled through a number of 3rd world countries. There is garbage, wrappers, beer bottle tops & something that looks like some kind of body fluid on the threaded & ripped carpet. It looks a road side motel from the 80's & I believe that is because the newest item in the room was at least 30 something years old, furniture covered in grease & grime. Sticky ring stains on the night stand, light bulbs burnt out, shades off kilter, I can only show you pictures to show the state of the bathroom.
Thought, this is what it is, will just pretend I am not here & watch TV. Nope! TV is broken. Turns on for about 2 minutes, then makes snapping & popping sounds & goes black. I turn it back on & the same thing happens. I call the front desk, tell him there is garbage all over this room, the door is broken, Internet does not work & the TV is broken and that I would like the non smoking room I had booked. I am told he will check on that & call me back in 5 minutes. 20 minutes pass, so I call back & am told I can't change rooms, he does not know why the internet is not working & there is nobody to fix the TV. I ask him if there will be some kind of compensation seeing as I paid the better part of $300 for this room & am told no.
This place needs to be knocked down.

Stayed: August 2014, travelled solo
1  Thank DAS30
Reviewed 16 August 2014

The staff was friendly, and the bed was comfortable, but the shower was outdated and leaked, in California no less.

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 15 August 2014

We desperately needed a room at the last minute, and this was the only place available. It was a large room, which was nice. The bed was okay, but pillows were hard and mis-shapen and lumpy...and so uncomfortable. There was also some disgusting brown gunk on the bed valence. The telephone did not work, and the room absolutely reeked of smoke (although we accepted this because it was a smoking room, and the last room left in the place. We were there for 12 hours in total....and got charged a whopping $220. Absolutely exortionate. Friendly receptionists, though.

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled with friends