My brother and I participated in the Bay to Breakers run this weekend. We are procrastinators and needed to find a hotel room for our family (5 adults total) approximately two weeks prior to the race. Using our AAA discount on various websites, we found this hotel the cheapest and most highly rated among travelers... now I know why!
Our flight from SFO came in a bit early - approximately 8 am, but they were able to accommodate us quite early. We reserved two rooms, and they were able to put us across the hall from each other. They had adjoining rooms available but just not at the time we checked in. Although they offered to place us in adjoining rooms later that day, it wasn't too big of a deal to us.
Right away, we noticed the abundance of well-lit parking. Although the Hilton Garden Inn shares a parking lot with another hotel, Larkspur Landing Suites, there was enough parking for everyone. We even came home at approximately 3 a.m. from a wild night in the city, and there was still plenty of parking.
Immediately after walking through the front doors, we noticed that the hotel was extremely clean, and there was COFFEE!!!! They have free coffee (regular and decaf) and hot water with an assortment of tea bags ALL THE TIME! This was an excellent start to our relationship with this hotel after being up since 3 a.m. that morning to catch a 6:30 flight.
The reception staff were very friendly, funny, and accommodating. Let's just say that we asked for the most random thing - a band aid, and they brought it up almost immediately without any expectation for a tip (unlike other hotels).
The hallways have been remodeled - very trendy but subtle stripes and paisley. The rooms were immaculate, and the bathrooms were spotless. There were Neutrogena brand soap and toiletries, which was a nice touch especially because I myself am very sensitive to fragrances.
It was initially cold in our room, but the digital thermometer allowed us to find a temperature we could all enjoy. There were a microwave, coffee maker, and a small refrigerator available in each room, which was convenient for late night snacks and water.
The beds were cozy and comfortable, and the noise from the airport was minimal. Since it was only a 5-minute drive to SFO and a 15 minutes from the city, this was honestly SUCH a great deal. We didn't have to pay more for a comparable hotel room in the city, parking was free, rooms were a good size with FREE cable and internet access, and we enjoyed a cup of java every morning and evening. In addition, they had cookies available at the front desk as a light snack during the early evening.
Although we didn't use them this weekend, there is a restaurant, fitness center, and swimming pool available if desired! Overall, we were EXTREMELY happy with this hotel room, and I highly recommend this hotel for your next stay!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Hilton Garden Inn San Francisco Airport North is conveniently located off highway 101, just two miles from San Francisco International Airport (SFO), and provides easy access north to San Francisco and south to Silicon Valley. Travelers appreciate the complimentary shuttle service to SFO airport, and the nearby BART and CalTrain stations that connect you to the area's top destinations including AT&T Park, the Cow Palace, and Candlestick Park. This hotel provides the service and amenities to make it one of the top San Francisco Airport hotels by offering renovated guest rooms with free WiFi, Hilton's signature Garden Sleep System(R) bedding, flat-screen HD TVs, and in-room microwaves and mini-fridges. Guests also appreciate the onsite restaurant, the Great American Grille, which serves up a delicious combination of American favorites for breakfast and dinner. The brand new meeting rooms also offer the perfect place to conduct your next San Francisco business meeting, and provide flexible meeting space with complimentary WiFi, state-of-the-art A/V equipment, and a maximum capacity of 100 people. Choose the newly-renovated Hilton Garden Inn San Francisco Airport North, and enjoy the terrific location with modern amenities. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Agoda, Travel Republic (UK), Booking.com, Hilton Hotels Direct, TripOnline SA, Expedia, Hotels.com, Ebookers, Evoline ltd, HotelsClick, 5viajes2012 S.L., HotelQuickly, getaroom.com and Cancelon so you can book your Hilton Garden Inn San Francisco Airport North reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hilton Garden Hotel South San Francisco
- Hilton South San Francisco
- South San Francisco Hilton