“Great hotel for aa quick or extended stay!”

Hilton Garden Inn San Francisco Airport North
GreenLeadersSilver level
Los Angeles, CA
“Great hotel for aa quick or extended stay!”
Reviewed 1 March 2012

This is a great hotel for a quick business trip or stay close to SFO. The person that checked me in could not have been nicer or more helpful. I called with a few questions and each person was just as friendly! The gym had what I needed, the people at the restaurant made me a special healthy dinner exactly to my liking, and the room was very clean and nice. Also, the business center was great and the printing facilities were excellent. I will certainly be back on my next stay!

• Stayed February 2012, travelled on business
Ryan F, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn San Francisco Airport North, responded to this review, 14 June 2012
Thank you so much for reviewing our hotel! I am the new GM at this hotel and noticed you did not receive a response thanking you for giving us feedback. We truly appreciate you recognizing our team and we hope to see you in the future!

Ryan Frederick

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (97)
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
Aurora, Colorado
Reviewed 28 February 2012

Located with very easy access off the 101, just south of the Airport, the Hilton Garden Inn (HGI) provided a very comfortable stay before our flight out the next day.

We arrived into the hotel late, and were warmly greeted by the Front Desk staff. Despite the late hour the lobby was bustling with guests both lounging, and enjoying a late dinner at the hotels Great American Grill.

Going up to our room we found a comfortable and well sized unit that was both clean and well appointed. The unit offered a quiet nights rest.

The buffet breakfast the next morning offered an adquate selection - although not quite as extensive as some other HGI's we have stayed at. Many variety of eggs can be ordered and are served via the hosts who oversee the dining area.

The one thing to make note of is the property does have a very small covered entrance - so in bad weather it may be hard to find a dry spot to unload your car. The night we came it was pouring rain so it was hard to stay dry when we arrived.

That said, the free parking lot was ample in size so there were no problems finding a spot to park even with what appeared to be a full hotel.

This is a property I would stay at again if flying out of SFO.

• Stayed February 2012, travelled as a couple

Oakland, California
Reviewed 20 February 2012

The Hilton Garden Inn used to be my default chain to stay in due to the excellent overall consistency of the product. In recent years I have been more adventurous. However, when in a pinch, I always seem to go back to the comfort and familiarity of this hotel chain. As such, when my wife and I were looking into hotels in the Bay Area for a quick trip, I decided to stay at this particular HGI. Overall, the stay was excellent. The bed was comfortable (you can adjust the firmness), the room was well appointed and clean, and the basics were covered. The service was outstanding and extremely friendly. I really like the lobby as well. Internet is complimentary as is parking! That is a huge savings. Breakfast was a buffet style (except for the eggs, which are cooked to order) and that is $12.99. The drive into San Francisco is no more than 12-15 minutes tops, which makes it an excellent value.

The only thing to mention on the down side is that the hotel has been around for over 10 years now, part of the dot com boom to provide hotels near the airport. It's showing the first signs of a tad bit of age. Apparently there is new management and I hope that a minor renovation is in order. However, this is an extremely minor issue and only from someone as picky as I am when it comes to hotels.

We paid $120 including taxes per night with a AAA discount.

• Stayed February 2012, travelled on business
2 Thank Raffi101

Miami, Florida
Reviewed 30 January 2012

This property is very nice ; not unlike any other HGI you may go to. Rooms are clean and in very good condition. I checked in late and upon arrival, I was welcomed by the two smiling ladies at the front desk. The paperwork for my reservation was already ready so I was checked in, in under 3 minutes which was great since I was tired from a long drive. The next morning, I ate breakfast at the iHop which is about 1/2 mile away. Then, I drove to the Alcatraz ferry which was about 20 minutes away (no traffic on a Sunday AM) Even though it is close to the airport, heard no airplanes while I was there. Parking was free and abundant which would not have been the case had I booked a hotel closer to town. Would stay again if in the area or needed an airport hotel for a flight.

• Stayed January 2012, travelled on business
HolidayInnGRR, Director of Sales at Hilton Garden Inn San Francisco Airport North, responded to this review, 1 February 2012
Dear Roombaguy -

Thank you so much for your kind words about our hotel, we are delighted that you had a pleasant stay. Our staff prides ourselves on making our guests feel instantly welcome and that they are taken care of during the duration of their stay with us.

Once again, thank you and we look forward to welcoming you back in the future.
BuffettAir
Reviewed 6 January 2012

At baseline, this hotel is just like any other Garden Inn you will stay at, however the staff is second to none. The front desk staff members are always willing to help you out, Jimmy the bar-tender makes you feel like you are at your hometown neighborhood bar, and the restaurant staff in the morning are always ready to refill your coffee and make sure you have the best breakfast possible. Excellent breakfast croissants, too!

Comfortable beds in a quiet business park with great transportation to/from the airport.

• Stayed December 2011, travelled on business

Salina, Kansas
Reviewed 28 December 2011

If you are looking for a really nice place to stay before going to the airport, this is it. Location is about 5 minutes away from SFO if you drive slow. Plenty of opportunities to fill the rental car, too. Rooms are very nice and the staff is exceptional. They have a nice happy hour where libations are half off. Rooms are spotless and very accommodating. My wife and I had a very nice conversation with the GM, Bryan, and he took time to explain how the hotel plans improvements in the future. We have stayed here in the past when in CA and will certainly do so again.

• Stayed December 2011
France
Reviewed 22 December 2011

I stay in this hotel for buisness. The hotel is far from San Francisco city center but close the the airport. The comfort and the silence of the Hotel is good, we doesn't not hear the flight during the night. in the Hotel there is a swimming pool and a place to practice sport. the staff of the hotel is ok and helpful, which is expected for such kind of hotel.

• Stayed August 2011, travelled on business
Also consider these accommodations in or near South San Francisco
Best Western Plus Grosvenor Airport Hotel
Best Western Plus Grosvenor Airp...
#3 of 28 in South San Francisco
4.0 of 5 bubbles 1,889 reviews
Hampton Inn San Francisco-Airport
Hampton Inn San Francisco-Airpor...
#2 of 28 in South San Francisco
Embassy Suites by Hilton San Francisco Airport - South San Francisco
Embassy Suites by Hilton San Fra...
#9 of 28 in South San Francisco
3.5 of 5 bubbles 1,484 reviews
DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel San Francisco Airport North
Best Western Plus El Rancho Inn
Americas Best Value Inn & Suites - San Francisco Airport
Americas Best Value Inn & Suites...
#4 of 28 in South San Francisco

Been to Hilton Garden Inn San Francisco Airport North? Share your experiences!