“Free shuttle service to SFO and South San Francisco of Caltrain”

Hilton Garden Inn San Francisco Airport North
GreenLeadersSilver level
Reviewed 6 July 2012

We stayed to visit San Francisco using Caltrain and Bart.
Our room was not prepared as we requested.
As a HH gold elite we received buffet breakfast and 2 bottles of water.
A quality of breakfast was below average and dissapointing
among Hilton group hotels as cut fruits were not fresh
and coffee didn't taste good, only two choices of tea bags.
Cut vegetables in the omelette were not fresh either.

The staff was efficient and excellent.
The lobby area was nice and cozy with a fireplace.
The shuttle service ran a little slow but it was ok to SFO.
South San Francisco station ( Caltrain) was one of the worst stations among Caltrain stations to wait for the shuttle.
It is little far to walk to the hotel from South San Francisco .
We called for picking up but always waited at least for 20 min.
It was very cold and breezy at night and no taxi waiting.

• Stayed: July 2012, travelled as a couple
2  Thank osakamt
Management response:Responded 10 July 2012

Thank you for providing feedback on your recent stay with us! I was glad to hear you found our team to be efficient and excellent!

However I sincerely apologize you did not find our breakfast to meet your expectations. We take a lot of pride in being clean, friendly and providing excellent food quality. I will be sharing your comments with our F&B team to ensure future guests do not have the same experience.

Thank you again for staying with us and I truly appreciate your feedback! Have a wonderful day!

Reviewed 2 July 2012

We spent two nights here after staying in downtown San Francisco. Check in was easy and quick. Our room was very standard for a Hilton, I felt like I walked into our same hotel room from across the country when we stayed in Gatlinburg. The setup is still comfortable for us and we have room to spread out and stash all our gear. The beds were very comfortable and I slept well. The first night we were so tired we didn't feel like trying to find somewhere to eat so we ate in the restaurant on site. The food was good and the convenience was nice. The area was very industrialized so we didn't see many shops or food choices. The breakfast in the lobby was $12.95 and fairly standard but again we chose this because it was easy. The parking was free which is one reason why we stayed outside of the city. We used the laundry on the first floor and it was nice to get some clean things to wear. The pool was small but nice. The hot tub was crowded and it took a while before the family cleared out and we were able to enjoy the hot water. The staff was always very helpful and I would stay here again if I was in the area.

• Stayed: June 2012, travelled with family
1  Thank KB231blue
Management response:Responded 10 July 2012

We sincerely appreciate you taking the time to review our hotel! It was great to hear you enjoyed everything about our hotel from the friendliness and free parking to the guest laundry facility!

Our team take a lot of pride in providing a clean and friendly stay!

Thank you for staying with us, we look forward to your next visit with us!

Reviewed 1 July 2012

After staying a week in downtown San Francisco for a conference, we switched to this hotel as our base for siteseeing north of the Golden Gate. We needed to rent a car so we could visit Golden Gate National Recreation Area, Muir Woods, Point Reyes, and other sites that are more difficult to reach by public transportation. We chose this hotel close to the airport for several reasons, 1) parking was free, 2) it was close to the airport for easy return of the car and 3) we usually have good luck with Hilton or Hampton Inns and Marriott chain hotels and 4) we always look at tripadvisor reviews.
The location was remote if you planned to sitesee using public transportation to see downtown San Francisco. The front end staff was helping people with various options to get to town which included taking the BART. Because the hotel is in more a a business/industrial park area, there aren't alot of restaurants close--but the hotel does have provide a dinner and breakfast service. After a long day of siteseeing, we opted for the dinner which was good. The second evening we stopped at a grocery store, bought a few TV dinners and ate in our room. We made full use of the refrigerator and microwave oven. The breakfast buffet was $12.95. I miss understood the chef who told me getting the continental items was only 7.95 but if I wanted to partake of the omlets, pancakes, eggs,or bacon, etc it was $12.95. I was charged $12.95--so go for the hot food.
We used the pool, laundry and hot tub. The hot tub was crowded with adults and children but later cleared out. Laundry was convenient-right down the hall from the pool.
Parking was convenient. The beds were way comfortable. I slept more soundly here than I did in the downtown hotel. There was plenty of room to spread out and get yourself organized for the next day. All in all a very nice stay.
My only issue was that the coffee pot caraffe in our room broke---the lid fell inside and in the process of removing it the thin glass carafe broke. As this was the morning of our check out, I just got a cup of coffee at the complimentary station in the lobby.

• Stayed: June 2012, travelled with family
1  Thank dmbakerphd
Management response:Responded 10 July 2012

Thank you so much for taking the time to review our hotel! I was thrilled to hear you enjoyed every part of your stay with us and that our bed was more comfortable then the downtown hotel you stayed at!

We truly appreciate your business and look forward to your next visit with us! Have a wonderful day!

Reviewed 29 June 2012 via mobile

Very convenient to the airport. Close by walking trails that are nice. Pretty clean rooms.

• Stayed: June 2012
1  Thank Muffinhead2580
Management response:Responded 30 June 2012

Thank you so much for reviewing our hotel! We appreciate you saying you would stay with us again.

We look forward to your next visit with us! Thank you for staying with us!

Reviewed 27 June 2012

A couple friends and I stayed here this past weekend for a friend’s wedding. We chose this hotel because it was about $100/ni cheaper than most hotels in the city. The hotel is about a 5-10 minute drive from the San Francisco Airport. The hotel is not located in downtown San Francisco, but about 10 minutes away from downtown San Francisco in a business/industrial area near all the pharmaceutical companies so it’s not within walking distance to any shops, restaurants, or attractions. But we rented a car so this was not a big deal. The parking is free at this hotel, which saved us a lot of money because hotel parking in the city can cost just as much as the rental car. The hotel itself is clean and seemed fairly new. The rooms are clean and have a microwave and mini fridge.

The service was excellent. The staff was friendly, courteous, and professional and they were very accommodating when I had to change my reservation not only once but twice. I was helped by 2 different front desk clerks on 2 different occasions and both were extremely nice and helpful. We originally booked two rooms but had to cancel one when we got there. The check-in clerk was able to cancel for no charge. I don’t know if that’s their normal hotel policy but it was great to be able to do it with no hassle. The next day, we then had to book another room at the last minute for another friend flying in. They originally quoted us the rack room rate for the new room but I asked about the lower rate I got when I originally booked. And they charged us the lower rate with no hassle. I know they didn’t have to go with the lower rate because it was a last minute reservation but they graciously did. Both clerks were very nice about the whole thing, didn’t’ give us any trouble, or make us jump through hoops. Thank you Hilton Garden Inn!

If you’re renting a car and want a quiet, no frills, clean, budget-friendly place to stay with great service, this hotel is a good choice.

• Stayed: June 2012, travelled with friends
1  Thank cali2maui
Management response:Responded 29 June 2012

Thank you so much for reviewing our hotel! It was truly our pleasure to be your host hotel during your visit to the Bay Area!

I was thrilled to hear our team showcased their world class service as I am very proud to be part of such a great team that genuinely cares for our guests!

We look forward to your next visit!

Reviewed 24 June 2012

Wife and I stayed 4 days here and it was great. Hotel is clean, food is good and the hotel staff is the best. They are friendly, courteous and always willing to help. Airport shuttle was great. If you have a rental, take it back the night before and take shuttle to airport. Car rental facility is a pain and will this will save you 30-40 min.

• Stayed: June 2012, travelled on business
1  Thank Slyke18
Management response:Responded 25 June 2012

Thank you for taking the time to leave a review about our hotel! I was thrilled to hear you say we are clean, food is good and our hotel staff is the best! I will be sure to share this with our team, they do an unbelievable job taking care of our hotel and guests.

Thank you again for staying with us and we look forward to your next visit with us!

Reviewed 22 June 2012

My wife and i stayed at the hotel for one night between flights. The hotel is not walking distance to restaurants, but the hotel does provide a shuttle. It is kind of far from the airport, but the rooms were clean and the staff were friendly and informative.

• Stayed: June 2012, travelled as a couple
2  Thank gameluver
Management response:Responded 25 June 2012

Thank you for staying with us and thank you for taking the time to review our hotel! I appreciate you mentioning our clean hotel and friendly staff. We take extreme pride in being the cleanest and friendliest and I am so happy to hear we showcased that for you!

We look forward to your next visit with us!

Also consider these accommodations in or near South San Francisco
Hampton Inn San Francisco-Airport
Hampton Inn San Francisco-Airpor...
#2 of 28 in South San Francisco
DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel San Francisco Airport North
Best Western Plus Grosvenor Airport Hotel
Best Western Plus Grosvenor Airp...
#3 of 28 in South San Francisco
Embassy Suites by Hilton San Francisco Airport - South San Francisco
Embassy Suites by Hilton San Fra...
#10 of 28 in South San Francisco
Courtyard San Francisco Airport/Oyster Point Waterfront
Courtyard San Francisco Airport/...
#6 of 28 in South San Francisco
Best Western Plus El Rancho Inn

Been to Hilton Garden Inn San Francisco Airport North? Share your experiences!