Hilton Garden Inn San Francisco Airport North
GreenLeadersSilver level
San Jose, California
“Excellent!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 April 2013

Park, stay &fly - used Hilton Honors points to book for one night. Paid $25 to leave my car there for 3 nights (you can park up to a week).

Shuttle - Because the hotel has its own shuttle (not sharing with other hotels), it only took about 10 minutes to and from SFO. The shuttle arrived promptly after I called the hotel at the airport.

Parking - plenty of parking. I was able to park very close to the front door.

Front desk - extremely polite and professional

Room - great! quiet! clean! comfortable!

Breakfast - good varities. got all I wanted.

Highly recommend!!

• Stayed March 2013, travelled with family
rfrederick, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn San Francisco Airport North, responded to this review, 9 April 2013
Thank you so much for taking the time to review our hotel!

I was thrilled to hear you took advantage of our Park and Fly package and that you would highly recommend us!

Thank you for staying with us and we look forward to your next visit!

Ryan Frederick

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (96)
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
Manteca, California, United States
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 April 2013

I called to make a reservation and specifically asked if there is a heated in door pool. I would have called another hotel line if I would have been told the truth. I am a daily swimmer for health reasons and so it is very important to me to swim. The woman on the phone and all the information on the internet said that the place had a pool. When I arrived I asked where the pool is and the person at the desk told me they don't have a pool and haven't had one in a very long while. I was madder than a hornet!! I paid an expensive price for a room because I thought the hotel had a heated in door pool. The staff tried to find me a room elsewhere but of course there aren't any rooms the day of arrival anywhere in San Francisco!! I knew that was the case when they offered to call around!! I just let them try then they tried to get permission from the Embassy Hotel to let me swim there but of course they wouldn't let me because of insurance issues. The manager comped me an $8 breakfast whoopie. I personally think I should have had my money refunded or at least partially refunded but NOOOOO...The staff were all sugary but I say put your money where your mouth is. I felt like telling them to stuff their room where the sun don't shine but I had to sleep somewhere so I was stuck there. The room was plain as hell and the little fridge was empty...I certainly didn't think it was worth the money I paid!!!!

Room Tip: There is NO POOL or SPA but all the literature says there is!!!!!
  • Stayed March 2013, travelled solo
2 Thank Elisa R
Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel!

I sincerely apologize for the confusion about our pool. In lieu of expanding our fitness center in February we removed our pool and unfortunately it took much to long to remove the details from all websites, where most reservationists will get their information to answer guests questions. I can understand how frustrating this situation must have been. I assure you this is not a normal occurrence for us and we hope to see you again so we can showcase our world class service.

Please feel free to reach out to me directly.

Thank you again for staying with us, have a great day!

Tampa, Florida
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 April 2013

Very pleased with my stay at this renovated Hilton property. The locations is ideal if you are visiting a client in South San Francisco. Their shuttle service is great. For $7 you can get Bed and Breakfast per room for 2 people. Can't beat that!!!

Highly recommend this hotel for business stays.

• Stayed March 2013, travelled on business
Thank you so much for taking the time to review our hotel!

We were glad to hear you enjoyed our newly renovated lobby! We also agree we are great hotel for everyone, especially business stays.

Seattle, Washington
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 31 March 2013

Very pleased with our stay. The staff was very friendly, rooms were clean and functional. Breakfast buffet was very good, although they were a little short-staffed. Complimentary wireless internet access is a plus. Great location close to freeway, but set back enough so that noise is not at all a problem at this hotel. Very quiet and restful sleep. We would definitely stay here again.

Room Tip: There are no problems with freeway or airport noise at this hotel.
  • Stayed March 2013, travelled with family
rfrederick, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn San Francisco Airport North, responded to this review, 1 April 2013
Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel!

I was happy to hear you found our hotel to be quite, clean and friendly!

Miami, Florida
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 March 2013

I've stayed here several times, and I'm so glad to see they have completely refreshed the entire hotel. Rooms are clean and lobby is very nicely updated. Really close to the airport so it's great for the quick in and out of San Fran. Service was excellent and friendly, would recommend again and will stay again.

• Stayed February 2013, travelled on business
Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel!

We were thrilled to hear you are excited about our newly refreshed hotel!

Stockton, California
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 March 2013

Great service! Used for business. Very nice rooms, clean and smells fresh. Would love to stay here again. I didn't use the gym, pool, restaurant though.
Parking is very easy and it's close to a lot of great restaurants off of Grand Ave. in South San Francisco. My AAA card came in handy and got a great rate.

• Stayed March 2013, travelled on business
Thank you so much for taking the time to review our hotel!

It was great to hear you found our hotel to be clean and fresh! Our complimentary airport shuttle will also take you to Grand Ave but don’t forget we have an on-site full-service restaurant and bar!

Thank you again for staying with us!

St. Helena, California
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 March 2013

I recently stayed at the Hilton Garden Inn and from the beginning the staff greeted me with open arms. The girls were very friendly, informative, gve me directions, actually were one of the best front desk people I have seen in all my travels and I do travel alot. The rooms were spotless, beds comfortable, could not have asked for more. The shuttle service was excellent, he even came and got me at International after midnite whichmost hotels do not do anymore and was friendly at that timeof nite. Excellent, On my return after 2 weeks, my battery was dead on my car. I needed to leave at 5am and the manager on duty had a battery charger in the office and he assisted me right away. I was on the road in 5 minutes. That is service. Outstanding hotel. Being in the travel business and my son also a general manager of hotels, I really look for good service. This hotel meets it all.
Karen Jan 2013

Room Tip: All rooms are in good areas-no noise
  • Stayed January 2013, travelled solo
rfrederick, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn San Francisco Airport North, responded to this review, 11 March 2013
Thank you very much for reviewing our hotel!

I was thrilled to hear you call us an "awesome hotel" and that you recommend us for both business travelers and anyone getting away for a weekend.

Also consider these accommodations in or near South San Francisco
BEST WESTERN PLUS Grosvenor Airport Hotel
BEST WESTERN PLUS Grosvenor Airp...
#3 of 28 in South San Francisco
4.0 of 5 bubbles 1,869 reviews
Hampton Inn San Francisco-Airport
Hampton Inn San Francisco-Airpor...
#2 of 28 in South San Francisco
Embassy Suites by Hilton San Francisco Airport - South San Francisco
Embassy Suites by Hilton San Fra...
#9 of 28 in South San Francisco
3.5 of 5 bubbles 1,463 reviews
DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel San Francisco Airport North
BEST WESTERN PLUS El Rancho Inn
Americas Best Value Inn & Suites - San Francisco Airport
Americas Best Value Inn & Suites...
#4 of 28 in South San Francisco

Been to Hilton Garden Inn San Francisco Airport North? Share your experiences!