I travel fairly frequently, and, as a HHilton Gold member have stayed at many of their airport hotels with the Park-Sleep-Fly programs. I usually prefer the Doubletree, but they were extremely expensive on this particular night, so I picked this HGI instead. When I tried to e-check-in (from home the day before), I was a little disquieted to only have King-bedded rooms made available, since I had reserved 2 beds (and was traveling with a platonic friend). I held off on the e-check-in, figuring that as a Gold member, they would hold a room with 2 beds for me. I was wrong. They did, however, indulge me with my preference of being far from the elevator, and the room was indeed very quiet.
The room had no airplane or traffic or hallway noise. Like the Doubletree, it's a pleasant night's sleep (the Homewood Suites is located next to noisy railroad tracks, and the Hampton Inn-South has significant airplane noise). I was in an even-numbered room--these have views only of the parking lot. Odd numbered rooms may have peek-a-boo Bay views. As a gold member, the hot, tasty, cooked to order breakfast was complimentary. The pool and the gym are tiny, but well-maintained.
My main problem (the king bed wasn't the main problem) was that the shuttle is a fairly small van rather than a bus like in the Doubletree. Unlike the Doubletree, whose shuttle goes every 20 minutes, this van goes only 30 minutes, and was barely able to squeeze in all of those wishing to go to the airport on this trip. It holds at most 7 guests. Frankly, when I use an airport hotel, the last thing I want to be thinking before I go to sleep is whether I'll be able to make it onto their van in the morning. So while this hotel may be great for someone visiting San Francisco and has a car (the parking is free, very unlike parking in SF itself), I will feel a little uncomfortable booking this as a Park-Sleep-Fly hotel again. I'm going to keep trying to book the Doubletree, where I don't seem to have a problem.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Hilton Garden Inn San Francisco Airport North is conveniently located off highway 101, just two miles from San Francisco International Airport (SFO), and provides easy access north to San Francisco and south to Silicon Valley. Travelers appreciate the complimentary shuttle service to SFO airport, and the nearby BART and CalTrain stations that connect you to the area's top destinations including AT&T Park, the Cow Palace, and Candlestick Park. This hotel provides the service and amenities to make it one of the top San Francisco Airport hotels by offering renovated guest rooms with free WiFi, Hilton's signature Garden Sleep System(R) bedding, flat-screen HD TVs, and in-room microwaves and mini-fridges. Guests also appreciate the onsite restaurant, the Great American Grille, which serves up a delicious combination of American favorites for breakfast and dinner. The brand new meeting rooms also offer the perfect place to conduct your next San Francisco business meeting, and provide flexible meeting space with complimentary WiFi, state-of-the-art A/V equipment, and a maximum capacity of 100 people. Choose the newly-renovated Hilton Garden Inn San Francisco Airport North, and enjoy the terrific location with modern amenities. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Travel Republic (UK), Hilton Hotels Direct, Odigeo, Hotels.com, Ebookers, TripOnline SA, Traveltool, S.L.U., Evoline ltd and HotelQuickly so you can book your Hilton Garden Inn San Francisco Airport North reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hilton Garden Hotel South San Francisco
- Hilton South San Francisco
- South San Francisco Hilton