“Excellent service and lovely staff”

Quality Inn & Suites -- South San Francisco
Reviewed 12 May 2013

We found this hotel randomly, as we were trying to find accommodation close to the airport. Just after checking in, on our way to pick up some friends from the airport, our car experienced mechanical issues. As soon as we came back to the hotel and mentioned it to the receptionist, he started searching for nearby workshops and garages open on weekends, advised us on our options etc. The following day, as we found out that our issue necessitated very specific repairing, the manager extensively helped us as well, and even got in touch with his personal mechanic to get a professional opinion on our problem. Thanks to him we could bring our car straight to the right place and got our problem sorted efficiently. The rooms were comfy and clean too, but really that is the service that was outstanding. All staff + the manager were really friendly and helpful, all of them went the extra mile for us. It makes a big different these days! The only small criticism would be about the hot food at the breakfast buffet that we didn't find very tasty, which is really not a big deal.
If you need a hotel handy to the airport, I really recommend this place!

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled with friends
2  Thank Banoo N

Reviewed 11 May 2013

Very good value hotel with excellent rates. Arrived jetlagged from London, given a 1st Floor ( Ground floor ) room close to reception area. Decided to go across road to mcdonalds for quick bite and fresh air following long flight. Realised room maybe in noise location so asked to change when I arrived back.......very nice lady on reception changed room without any problem.

Next room was close to main street but no real noise at all and I slept very well. Hotel will pay for a taxi to shuttle you to / from airport, just ring on arrival.Only10 - 12 minutes away. Paid $72+tax during week and $80+tax on Friday night, great value and good breakfast too !

• Stayed: April 2013, travelled solo
2  Thank Worldtravenut
Reviewed 3 May 2013

This hotel was clean and decent. the bathroom was spacious I like that the sink was outside the bathroom, this is convenient with traveling with others and sharing a room. The mattress was a little hard but I slept comfortably. Mid shower the water was shut off, no warning or anything, apparently someone broke a faucet. The breakfast was ok, waffles, ham, eggs were available. The dining area was very small. I think for $80 a night was a little steep to be south of the city and the amenities. But overall, it was ok, we didnt spend alot of time in the room.

Stayed: April 2013, travelled with friends
1  Thank BKW1
Reviewed 28 April 2013

Next time will spend a little more money and stay at a nicer place. Really nothing above average for this place. Poor water pressure and water only reached a warm temperature. Basically I got what I paid for in San Francisco.

Room Tip: If looking to spend time in town recommend spending a few more dollars and staying nicer and closer
  • Stayed: April 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 23 April 2013

My beach wedding on a budget allowed my husband and I to book six rooms for all of our family members. We got exactly what we reserved, which was two queen beds in all six rooms and on the same floor. The staff here is amazing!!!! They were very accommodating, happy, and nice. The rooms have a comfortable bed, refrigerator and coffee machine. It's perfect if you plan on sightseeing, it's close to the freeway and the rooms are quiet.... must be sound proof glass. Breakfast was good, they have a good selection (my nieces and nephews loved the waffle maker) and it gave our families time to decide what to see in San Francisco while we ate. I would recommend this hotel, it contains many positive amenities that other hotels don't have... including free parking, breakfast and gym. I would specially like to thank the two gentlemen working the night shift that were really nice to our families.

• Stayed: April 2013, travelled with family
2  Thank Karen L
Reviewed 22 April 2013

My family and I found EXACTLY what we were looking for when we stayed for 7 nights at the Quality Inn & Suites in South, San Francisco. The family owned and operated hotel was...
*close to the airport (with a FREE 7 minute shuttle to/from)
*had easy bus/train/car access to San Francisco (only 7 miles)
*provided a hot, delicious FREE breakfast (eggs, waffles, sausage, fresh fruit,etc.) each morning
*NO frills room that was VERY clean
*located in a safe area that has a number of restaurants near by.
I can't say enough about the family who owns the hotel. They were so helpful with directions, activity suggestions, restaurant information, and MUCH more.

• Stayed: April 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank Dawn B
Reviewed 31 March 2013

As I was arriving late at SFO, thought of staying near the airport so that I can have an early rest before driving into San Francisco the next morning. However, it was quite tricky to locate the hotel. It took me 30 minutes to find it. Google map didn't help.

Hotel's a little run down inside. Room was relatively spacious and clean. No complaints as it's only for a night's stay. I was also happy with the breakfast that was offered.

• Stayed: March 2013, travelled with friends
Also consider these accommodations in or near South San Francisco
Best Western Plus Grosvenor Airport Hotel
Best Western Plus Grosvenor Airp...
#3 of 28 in South San Francisco
Ramada Limited San Francisco Airport North
Ramada Limited San Francisco Air...
#4 of 28 in South San Francisco
Comfort Inn & Suites San Francisco  Airport North
Comfort Inn & Suites San Francis...
#16 of 28 in South San Francisco
Best Western Plus El Rancho Inn
1 mi away
Hampton Inn San Francisco-Airport
Hampton Inn San Francisco-Airpor...
#2 of 28 in South San Francisco
Hilton Garden Inn San Francisco Airport North
Hilton Garden Inn San Francisco ...
#1 of 28 in South San Francisco

Been to Quality Inn & Suites -- South San Francisco? Share your experiences!