“Decent motel at San Francisco Airport”

Quality Inn & Suites -- South San Francisco
Michigan
“Decent motel at San Francisco Airport”
Reviewed 8 July 2013

Our room was fairly new and had a queen size bed, micro, refrigerator, sofa, desk, tables, safe, sink/ counter outside shower- toilet room. Room was quiet. The breakfast room was off lobby and small. Breakfast included scrambled eggs, biscuits and gravy (which I threw out because it was cold and they did not have a microwave available there), milk & orange juice (from a pitcher) , coffee/tea, cereals, bananas, waffles, toast, bagels, They offer free van service to and from your airport terminal. Downtown, Pier 39 area is only around 20 minutes away.

There is a problem with Garmin GPS devices when trying to input the address "410" always changes to "800" so you may not find the motel right away.

• Stayed June 2013, travelled as a couple

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (43)
Paso Robles, California
Reviewed 18 June 2013

My wife and I stayed here twice last month. We booked their stay and fly package. The manager, Mr. Patel was very helpful and friendly. Our room was clean and very comfortable. The hotel is very close the airport, and they provide taxi service too and from the airport. The breakfast was very good. We will stay here again.

• Stayed May 2013, travelled with family
Sarasota, Florida
Reviewed 16 June 2013 via mobile

Excellent front desk staff. Free parking is a plus, since other, nearby, hotels charge a fee. Outstanding free wifi service, flat panel TV with many channels. Refrigerator, microwave, and safe, and plenty of drawer space for unpacking. Rooms beginning to need refreshing. Small breakfast room, but the breakfast itself was fine.

• Stayed June 2013
Bangor, Maine
Reviewed 16 June 2013

Place is fine. Nothing special about it. Clean. Felt like a little renovation would help it. Very close to the airport, so if you are flying out of SFO, good location. Would I stay here again? Yes, for a night would be fine.

Room Tip: Had a room facing Airport Blvd. Mistake. The road was noisy. Ask for a room away from the road.
  • Stayed April 2013, travelled on business
Kitchener, Canada
Reviewed 15 June 2013

The room was clean and well worth the price. The service was also fantastic! The previous night I had forgotten to turn off the lights to my car, which in turn left me with a dead battery. CAA was no help even though I'm a member. However, the gentlemen at the front desk was able to help give me a boost with his portable battery! Without him, our day would of been ruined as we had plans lined up.. We even beat the rush hour too! I would like to thank him for his help! So whoever you are, and are reading this, THANK YOU! :)

• Stayed June 2013, travelled as a couple
Grand Junction, Colorado
Reviewed 10 June 2013

I am a Choice Privilege member and arrived hours before check in. The front desk accommodated me and let me access my room early. The front desk was so efficient she noticed I was paying for a rollaway but the room had a hide-a-bed so she saved me extra by canceling the rollaway.
The room was complete with frig, microwave and toiletries. The window opened so I could enjoy fresh air.
The hide-a-bed wasn't made up when I returned later that night and Housekeeping had gone home. The front desk gave me sheets and apologized several times for the inconvenience. She was absolutely attentive and exceptional.
The BEST comment I can make about this hotel is the front desk gentleman named Janmesh!!! He gave me assistance with navigating around the city, setting up a shuttle to the airport for my roommate and suggested many helpful tips for visiting the city. Janmesh was so pleasant I asked him if he was the owner. Never have I received such customer service from a Choice Hotel. He even remembered my name.
This is the best value for any hotel near SFO. Fantastic job!

• Stayed June 2013, travelled with friends
1 Thank XCaliforniaGirl
San Francisco, California
Reviewed 28 May 2013

Based on previous experience, I had to inspect the rooms on this hotel for my friends. We have booked total of 5 rooms for our get-together. The place was clean and well worth the money you are paying. Close to the airport, convention center, lots of eating places, in and out of the freeway. The only complain I had is that one of the front desk staff is very rude and unfriendly. She was banging around and giving us nasty looks as we hang out at the breakfast area when no one is even around us. Because of the large number in our group, we could not congregate in one of our rooms. She also said since there is no room available for early check-in, she could only hold total of (4) four luggage for the group. ?????? We booked 5 rooms, hello! They got 4 star because the rest of the staff were sweet, one of them even offered us plates and napkins for our late pizza dinner and shared our food.

• Stayed May 2013, travelled with friends
2 Thank Beth S
Also consider these accommodations in or near South San Francisco
Best Western Plus Grosvenor Airport Hotel
Best Western Plus Grosvenor Airp...
#3 of 28 in South San Francisco
Best Western Plus El Rancho Inn
Holiday Inn Express San Francisco Airport-North
Holiday Inn Express San Francisc...
#11 of 28 in South San Francisco
Ramada Limited San Francisco Airport North
Ramada Limited San Francisco Air...
#5 of 28 in South San Francisco
Super 8 San Bruno /SF Intl Arpt West
Comfort Inn & Suites San Francisco  Airport North
Comfort Inn & Suites San Francis...
#17 of 28 in South San Francisco

Been to Quality Inn & Suites -- South San Francisco? Share your experiences!