“Jus the right place to check in”

Quality Inn & Suites -- South San Francisco
San Francisco
“Jus the right place to check in”
Reviewed 1 March 2007

I am a consultant & I keep travelling extensively. I have stayed in so many hotels in bay area. This hotel was really exceptional. These folks provide an impeccable service and above all the property is close to the airport and pretty well maintained.

You get a a good spread for complimentary breakfast. I stayed for more than a month and I have suggested my other colleagues to stay there too. After all, I am very satisfied and felt comfortable out there. You should try it too. You will never regret the stay rather you would feel more comfy than you would expect.

Cheers,
Sam.

• Liked — The property itself and the service
  • Disliked — I could not really think of one.
  • Stayed January 2007, travelled on business
2 Thank reach4sam

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (42)
Northern California
Reviewed 30 December 2006

I was surprised to read the Dec 10 review that the Quality Inn wasn't clean. We have stayed in many SFO area hotels over the years and it was the best by far in it's price range. We are hoping that the other guest in December just had an unusual experience because I was planning to stay there again soon. The other motel/hotel we thought was a good value, clean and very efficient is the Best Western El Rancho. We always book a park and stay package so we can leave our car at the hotel lot.

• Liked — sparkling clean and conveniently located
  • Stayed April 2006, travelled as a couple
1 Thank marilynb40
Wellington, New Zealand
Reviewed 10 December 2006

Unfriendly, unhlepful (the desk clerk told me potentially seriously wrong information about check in times for SF airport), dirty with poor facilities. The advertised free wireless was so flakey that it was virtually useless.

• Stayed November 2006
1 Thank korokoro
qualityinnsanfrancis, Webmaster at Quality Inn & Suites -- South San Francisco, responded to this review, 11 April 2011
Dear Guest,

Thank you for choosing Quality Inn & Suites -- South San Francisco for your recent stay in our area.

Thank you for taking the time to give us a review, it is greatly appreciated. Upon receipt of your review, the following actions were taken:

1) Desk staff received additional training concerning the courteous manner in which they are to treat our valued guests.

2) Housekeeping staff received additional training concerning the level of cleanliness which they are required to maintain as our employees.

3) Maintenance staff was advised of the problem which you experienced with the free wireless and instructed to see that the problem is fixed.

I hope that the next time you visit our area, you will once again choose to stay at Quality Inn & Suites -- South San Francisco. I think you will be greatly pleased.

Crystal, Minnesota
Reviewed 12 November 2006

I stayed here due to its proximity to SFO--I had an early flight Sunday morning. I found a good rate and actually found a 1 bed suite under $100.

Room--very clean. It is a relatively new place, which helps. Despite being close to the airport, I heard more cars coming by than loud planes.

Service--Very good. I had my wake-up call at 4 am; by the time I got downstairs, breakfast was set up (the sign said it starts at 6 am). The airport shuttle goes by on the quarter hour (I believe).

• Liked — Room was very clean
  • Disliked — Nothing
  • Stayed November 2006, travelled solo
Rockville, Maryland
Reviewed 25 May 2005

What an interesting property this is. I had half a day before my 10:30pm flight out of SFO. And this property featured free Internet and was actually within long walking distance of the SFO rental car facility on the north side of the airport, so I thought I'd rent a room, take a nap, and check my email. The couple at the desk who checked me in were like my mom and pop. They accepted my AARP card and offered me a discount. They checked my departure time to be sure a shuttle van would be available. Then they sold me two bottles of water at the desk since there were no vending machines on my floor. When I got to my room, I discovered I had left my sunglasses at check in. The gentleman at the desk brought them to me.

The room was different than I would have expected. It was a junior suite at the west end of the building. The bedding, carpeting, and desk chair seemed to be new. But the sofa and club chair in the sitting area were filthy, stained, and spotted -- so badly I avoided sitting on them. There was a television in the bedroom and another in the sitting area, but the remote on the second television didn't work. Electrical faceplates were missing from several wall outlets. The bathroom seemed to be in mid-renovation with a new granite countertop sitting on older wood framing. The wash basin was not connected properly and leaked on the new marble bathroom floor -- such an odd juxtaposition of both good and bad housekeeping. The bathtub was actually a older Jacuzzi -- an unexpected, nice touch for a tired traveler.

When it was time for me to check out, the phones at the lobby desk were ringing off the hook. It turns out that when trans-Pacific flights land at SFO, flyers just want to get off the planes and sleep in a real bed -- any bed. These folks, who are not the most demanding of travelers, seem to be a large part of this property's clientele.

• Stayed May 2005, travelled on business
11 Thank Forest20851
Also consider these accommodations in or near South San Francisco
Best Western Plus Grosvenor Airport Hotel
Best Western Plus Grosvenor Airp...
#3 of 28 in South San Francisco
4.0 of 5 bubbles 1,892 reviews
Best Western Plus El Rancho Inn
Super 8 San Bruno /SF Intl Arpt West
Holiday Inn Express San Francisco Airport-North
Holiday Inn Express San Francisc...
#12 of 28 in South San Francisco
Hilton Garden Inn San Francisco Airport North
Hilton Garden Inn San Francisco ...
#1 of 28 in South San Francisco
San Francisco Airport Marriott Waterfront

Been to Quality Inn & Suites -- South San Francisco? Share your experiences!