“Less than ideal”

Comfort Inn & Suites San Francisco Airport North
Reviewed 3 April 2012

The internet is slower than dial-up, or at least it seems to be. I tried to do a speed test, but timed out before the test even got started. The bed quilt in my non-smoking room had a cigarette burn in it and charging $6.60 a night for parking is robbery.

The people are not friendly, and have no intention of recognizing you even after multiple stays.

There are definitely better hotels in the area, and after you add on the parking charge, the prices aren't that different.

Room Tip: Rooms overlooking the courtyard are quieter. Ask for a redecorated room (refit done in early 2012)
  • Stayed: April 2012, travelled on business

Reviewed 28 March 2012

Stayed here for a morning flight out SFO the next day and it was great location, they offer free shuttle service that took less than 10 mins. I stayed here for less than 10 hours and it was fine for what it was

Room Tip: the vending machine was prefect for a late night snack!
  • Stayed: March 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 29 February 2012

Pay to park, internet VERY VERY
very slow.
Not for business, property dirty, poor customer service, try another hotel many near

Room Tip: Different Hotel
  • Stayed: February 2012, travelled on business
Reviewed 26 February 2012

The first time we visited this hotel was in 2009 for my brothers wedding in San Fransisco. If you are flying into SFO then this is a very convenient location. We flew in from OAK and it wasn't too bad of a drive...about 40 min. The hotel is located off the freeway and near a train station. So if you are a light sleeper ask for a room away from these areas. They have a great breakfast selection many options to choose from. The little city the hotel is located in is very quaint and the people are fairly friendly... or perhaps I made people be nice to be due to my southern charm. ;) Everything in the town closes earlier so get what you need before 8 or 9. South San Fran is close to San Bruno, perhaps 10 min, downtown San Fran about 15 min with no traffic, and you can even see Candlestick Park on that commute. I really enjoy staying here and will make this my top spot when I visit the bay.

• Stayed: January 2012
1  Thank erinb05
Reviewed 26 February 2012

Tucked under the highway overpass, next to the train tracks you will find this gem. We came in and stated that we wanted a quiet room. They told us not to worry, the hotel is very quiet despite its urban location. They told us that they had just remodeled and touted that all the rooms now have a 42" TV. We checked in, went around the back where our room was and saw transients loitering in the parking lot.

We got into the outdoor elevator and were blessed the the unmistakable odor of urine. We got into our room and shot the door. Immediately we heard a very loud train horn and bell. This continued for several minutes. We observed an average room in slightly below average condition. Definitely not remodeled. The promised 42" TV turned out to be an old 26" tube model. As we were discussing that we heard some car horns on the highway and another series of train horn blasts.

We were in the room for two minutes before we realized the mistake we had made. We went back to the office and asked that they undo our booking. They agreed with no fuss and even gave us a letterhead stating that our stay was canceled with no charge. A nice peace of mind in case the charge shows up anyways.

• Stayed: February 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 29 January 2012

We stayed here for four days while in town for business. We choose this hotel for it proximity to our trade show.
We called twice to advise we would be arriving very late and not to cancel our reservation, we gave them our mobile phone and office phone to call if they needed.
When we arrived advised they had canceled our reservation, but they would try to rebook us. They rebooked us but at a higher rate to which I refused and showed them my reserved rate.
They rebooked us at that rate tired from being on the road we went to our room. ring ring the phone can you come back to the front desk we need your license plate to give you your parking pass.
The room was clean with a fridge and microwave the bed was comfortable enough. the location of the hotel was a surprise nestled between the metro rail tracks a freeway interchange and the high power lines.
Although most of the train noise was kept out of the room the yelling women in the middle of the night and the slamming doors come right through your room.
Like most comfort inns this hotel offers free continental breakfast but for the life of me I do not understand how all four days the eggs and sausage could be so over cooked and so stone cold all at once. Stick with the cold breakfast choices.
When checking out they asked what credit card I wanted to leave the bill on. I told them the American Express they said is that the one on file. I said will you check, no they replied it is a visa.. I replied no I want to use my American Express.. Oh we already charged everything to your visa... so why did you both to ask????
Now that I think about it I need to check my credit card statement to ensure proper billing.
Also be prepared for the high level of taxes and fees charged by city and state.. you may get a room for a good prices but ask how much the tax will be.
If you are on a layover this hotel may due, If you are sight seeing in San Francisco stay in San Francisco at one of the many fine hotels there. This hotel is very far away from Any tourist sights it is in the industrial section of South San Francisco.

Room Tip: no advice here I would say stay on the side of the power lines they do not make the noise of the met...
  • Stayed: January 2012, travelled on business
Reviewed 27 January 2012

First, when we got to our room, we noticed that our fridge and microwave was malfunctioning. We asked for it to be checked and we had to move to another room. They moved us toward a side where the train tracks were. The windows did a good job at blocking most of the sound, but you were still able to hear it. The fridge did not even cool. Not to mention that there was a box of melted Popsicle left in there. On the bright side, everything else was pretty clean. Really nice bathrooms, and comfortable beds. Breakfast was great. Not a far distance to San Francisco, but I would go somewhere else next time.

Room Tip: Get a room facing pool area.
  • Stayed: August 2011, travelled with family
Also consider these accommodations in or near South San Francisco
Ramada Limited San Francisco Airport North
Ramada Limited San Francisco Air...
#5 of 27 in South San Francisco
Best Western Plus Grosvenor Airport Hotel
Best Western Plus Grosvenor Airp...
#2 of 27 in South San Francisco
Hilton Garden Inn San Francisco Airport North
Hilton Garden Inn San Francisco ...
#1 of 27 in South San Francisco
Holiday Inn Express San Francisco Airport-North
Holiday Inn Express San Francisc...
#11 of 27 in South San Francisco
Hotel V
Hotel V
#10 of 27 in South San Francisco
Best Western Plus El Rancho Inn

Been to Comfort Inn & Suites San Francisco Airport North? Share your experiences!