“Dissapointing”

Cuisines: American
Good for: Bar Scene, Romantic, Local cuisine
Dining options: Lunch, Breakfast, Dinner, After-hours, Reservations
Reviewed 25 June 2014

I went here due to a good review in a guide book but was let down. Nothing bad about the place - its pretty basic, the garlic fries were good as was the mac and cheese - beet salad nice but lacked any acidity in the dressing. For a pretty simple lunch I thought it seriously overpriced.

1  Thank Alan P
There are newer reviews for Sand Dollar Restaurant

Reviewed 16 June 2014

My husband and I ate here several years ago. We found the place by accident. He wanted to see Stinson Beach because the movie Turner and Hooch was filmed here. It was late, we were hungry, and Sand Dollar was open. What a great place! Recently we had the opportunity to visit with friends in Castro Valley, so we suggested Sand Dollar on a Sunday afternoon. They were so thrilled that we went! The food was perfect, the Blue Grass band did a spectacular job of entertaining everyone, and our waiter (I wish I'd asked his name) was awesome. I only know that he was from Hungary. We are looking forward to returning in the near future. Make sure you add Sand Dollar to your list of places to eat while on vacation, or any time. Oh, I almost forgot that one of the people we were with mentioned that the Bloody Marys were lacking. SO if you need a Bloody Mary, make it a double

Reviewed 4 May 2014

We've been to the Sand Dollar several times and never been disappointed. Today was no different. My husband ordered fish and chips and loved that the fish was cod and fried perfectly. My fish tacos were the best ever. Beautifully fried fish, fresh ingredients including avocado and a tasty cabbage slaw with a very nice sauce that had a sweet spicy, wonderful complement to the fish. The atmosphere is relaxed, with music outside in a great patio setting.

Reviewed 27 April 2014

do yourself a favor and avoid the fish and chips. off-the-shelf fries, kindof slimy grayish not-fresh-tasting super greasy fish? gross, no thanks.

2  Thank ppp4p6p89
Reviewed 23 March 2014

We stopped at Stinson beach on our way from Muir Woods for a short lunch stop & to do a little sightseeing.
The Sand Dollar restaurant seemed like a good choice, there was an outside eating area, and there was live music, good atmosphere.
I ordered the fish taco's they were pretty good, not too greasy, just right, my girlfriend had a charbroiled burger, burger was cooked to order, and came with a large portion of fries.
This is a nice solid place to enjoy a nice lunch, the beach is within walking distance.
The drive back to San Francisco by way of route 1 offered great views, if you are in the San Francisco Area, you may want to include a stop at this little gem.