“Pass this one by!”
Review of Econo Lodge

Econo Lodge
Ranked #19 of 26 Hotels in Stockton
Reviewed 24 September 2013

For one asked for a King or Queen, we were given a double bed. Sheets to small for bed so the fitted sheet kept falling off. Pillows were ridiculously small and hard. The carpet filthy whole place dirty. In the bathroom there was dirty a wash cloth and towel hanging on shower rod.
We were very tired after a 11 hour drive so dealt with it.
This was the worst room I have ever stayed in!

Room Tip: Noisy in front of pool.
  • Stayed: September 2013, travelled as a couple
econolodgestocktonca, Webmaster at Econo Lodge, responded to this reviewResponded 19 September 2014

Dear Guest,

Thanks for staying with us. I’m glad you didn’t encounter any issues severe enough to cause you to leave. I sincerely apologize for any ways in which we fell short. We’re involved in a continuous improvement process and are now better than during your stay. I hope you’ll try us again and see how we’re changing for the better.

There are newer reviews for Econo Lodge

Reviewed 9 September 2013

I stayed here after a long day of driving and was greeted by a very helpful and friendly front desk receptionist. After filling out the paperwork we went to the room and immediately noticed that the pillows were the size of throw pillows you might have o. The couch at home. This wouldn't have been so bad but they also felt as if they had half the stuffing removed. As it was a king bed it looked a bit ridiculous. We were both very tired and did not feel like losing out on any more sleep complaining about something that was unlikely to be remedied anyway. The bed was very hard as well and we both had a restless night and awoke the next morning with aching backs. We stayed in room 108. Hopefully not all the other rooms are like this. Other than the bed it seemed to be a good hotel. Well I guess the whole reason we were there WAS for a bed.

• Stayed: September 2013
1  Thank edseed

Dear Guest,

Thanks for your comments. I apologize that our bedding didn’t satisfy you when so many others have been completely satisfied. You’ll be pleased to know, however, that we’re involved in a continuous improvement process and have made many changes at this hotel in Stockton, CA since your stay. I hope you’ll try us again to see that we’re now better than ever before.

Reviewed 7 September 2013

Booked this hotel as we were traveling. Didn't have plans to stay in this area but were too tired to move on. It seemed to have decent enough reviews and we liked the fact it was right off the freeway. It is decent enough for one nights stay. There were things I disliked, like the outside light coming through the bottom of the door and the bright lights coming in around the side and bottom of curtains. Although being so tired we didn't notice it much. My biggest complaint would be the pillows. We had a king bed but were only given three pillows and they were the size of pillows you would put on your couch. Liked that Dennys was right next door. They had complimentary breakfast but we didn't make it in time to try it.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled as a couple

Dear Guest,

Thanks for your comments. I’m pleased that you had a pleasant stay. I apologize, however, that our pillows didn’t meet your needs. Many others have been completely satisfied. Still, we’re involved in a process of continuous improvement and have made many changes here that you will appreciate. I hope you will try us again and see that we’re now better than ever before.

Reviewed 3 September 2013

We just returned from a 2 night stay at this facility. It was chosen as the host hotel for our state tournament. I am appalled at the condition of the rooms at this property. The first room we were put into had no working air conditioner. The table tops were sticky and dirty. There was no TV remote and no trash cans .
We were moved to another room with a working air conditioner. The carpets were dirty, burn holes in the comforter and shower curtain, mold on the ceiling in the bathroom, the security locks did not work, you could tell the door was forced open at some point - the molding around the door was broken, the molding also had been chewed by a dog and not repaired, no ironing board or iron in the room, the pillows were terrible - tiny and misshapen. Not only was the inside dirty and unmaintained but the outside was as well. Trash and cigarette butts everywhere. The jacuzzi did not work. The room keys had to be reset daily because their machine was not working properly. There were many other people that stayed here during the tournament and many, many people were unhappy. The company should be ashamed to have their name on this property.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled with family

Dear Guest,

I appreciate your comments. You’ll be pleased to know that we’ve upgraded and improved the hotel significantly since your stay. If you try us again, you’ll see that the issues that concerned you have been corrected. Still, I sincerely apologize that we fell short of your expectations in this case. Our goal is complete satisfaction and we obviously failed you.

Reviewed 20 August 2013

very convenient location right off of the hwy can't miss the comfort inn, surrounded with multiple restaurants that you can walk to. The mall was not to far at all, only took less then 10 minutes to get there with my wife and kids, hot breakfast was very good to have here, staff at front desk was very help full with directions and gave us a very good service. I don't care what others have to say but I would stay here again and recommend for others to stay and enjoy.

Room Tip: room near the pool was very convenient for my kids and I.
  • Stayed: August 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 13 August 2013

The price should gave us a clue. My husband and I thought it was because of the city. Our room is not what we're used to for Comfort Inn. The AC unit is missing it's grill, the black out curtain has holes on the lining, so when closed it looks like a bunch of holes on the the curtain. The chair has a couple of holes on the cushion. The bathroom, though clean, had a smell like dirty laundry. My husband left the bathroom fan on the entire stay. Two people were working on their car from the time we got there around 3 pm till pass 10 pm off and on (as they get parts I guess.) Around 10 pm we took our evening walk (usually 2 or 3 times around the hotel when we're out of town) and was creep out. There were people on their phones almost on every stairway, It seems like on every corner of the parking lot there are one or two people standing around talking on their phone. If they're guests, wouldn't they make their calls from their room? The Lobby closes at 9 pm and don't reopen till 6 am. In that time you have to use the night lobby. My husband kept on hearing people passing by our room throughout the night and he kept getting up to check our car from our window.

On the positive note: Easy access to I 5, Denny's and Marie Calenders on the parking lot with Burger King and Jack in the Box a short walk. Comfortable bed but they only provide 3 half pillows per bed than the usual 4.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled as a couple

Dear Guest,

Thanks for your comments. I appreciate you pointing out our easy freeway access and the number of good restaurants nearby. I apologize that we failed to meet all your needs during this visit. We have made significant changes to the hotel since that time and are now better than ever. I sincerely hope you’ll try us again to see how we’re better than ever before.

Reviewed 2 August 2013

I dont know where to start, maybe from the lobby or the overall. Well the hotel is in a not so good part of town, Quality Inn is better. I understand you cannot do anything about that, but the rooms itself oh my gosh, it is worse than a local motel, better yet maybe local motel is better, just by looking at the lobby gives you an idea of how the breakfast standard, so we didnt take any breakfast. They rent out rooms that have broken AC, kicked in doors, filthy carpets, cigaretts burn mark on comporters, pillow that looks like throw pillow for decoration on couch in the garage, no refregerator, no microwave, no iron like it should be on all Choice hotels , shame shame shame. The owner look like he just let go, dont give a damn. Employees dont wear uniform, front desk wears unprofessional attire.. My advise to you,, stay away from this motel. What a big name for your hotel but its not COMFORT Inn, looks like you just change to comfort inn from a rundown motel that sells drugs. Im sure this is like the police second home, Police was called to this motel twice or may more we have to suck it in and sleep there because there was no other place and they will not refund our money.

Room Tip: maybe 3rd floor less noise from all the local people
  • Stayed: July 2013, travelled with family

Dear Guest,

Thanks for taking time to offer feedback. I’m sorry you were dissatisfied, especially since so many others around the same time were completely satisfied. Still, I sincerely apologize to you. You will be pleased to know we’ve changed and improved in many ways since your stay. If you try us again, you’ll find an experience that’s better than ever before.