“Best in Stockton”

Cross street: I-5
auntieroz
“Best in Stockton”
Reviewed 22 August 2012

I highly recommend the fresh fish, which is always cooked as ordered and presented beautifully.The service is excellent, some of the better I've had in N. California. Once I hadn't been in for a year and they remembered us! The escargot are ok, onion soup gloppy, but some of the other starters are beautifully done. Recently, I have been 4 times in the past 3 months and have been very happy with my meal. The cocktails are always on special price if you have them in the bar. Otherwise you can get the price by ordering and paying in the bar, and then have them brought to your table. The ambience is perfect for conversation. If there are 2 -4 ask for a booth. Unusually for the area, they are open on Monday. Although I rated it 3$$$ we are always amazed at how reasonable it is for the quality. A very good experience.

• Visited August 2012
1 Thank traveljeannie1

Northern California
“Special Occasion Place!”
Reviewed 10 August 2012

Fantastic food! Superior service! Delightful and delicious caesar salad made at our table. Also Bananas Foster made at our table. What a treat! Entrees also wonderful. A bit pricey, but very much worth it. You deserve an outstanding meal.

• Visited August 2012
Clements, California
“Good Food in Stockton”
Reviewed 30 April 2012

I used to belong to a local women's organization, Women's Success Group, which held its monthly lunch meetings at Le Bistro. Despite the fact that these were group lunches-- you know how those usually turn out-- I never had a bad meal at Le Bistro. And some of their dishes, especially deserts, were exceptionally good. I've not had a chance to eat there as an individual diner, but I'd bet that it is a good place to go for dinner. It's on my wish-list.

1 Thank I-love-to-travel
Fresno, California
“Wow!”
Reviewed 26 April 2012

After one visit to Le Bistro, I've added it to my list of top restaurants in the San Joaquin Valley. Its menu is modern and creative, its service is classically elegant yet entirely appropriate for Stockton, and its wine list has an impressive depth and breadth. On my last visit I felt comfortable in my work clothes, welcomed and well-served by my young waiters who were friendly, interactive and present immediately when I needed them, yet absolutely inobtrusive and I felt absolutely sated by dishes chosen from a broad menu.

I am sorry I didn't try Le Bistro sooner, but I will be back often.

Visited April 2012
1 Thank avancuren
San Luis Obispo, California
“Surprised to find such a great restaurant in Stockton!”
Reviewed 11 April 2012

This place is fantastic. The food is so good, and they have a great wine list. It's pricey but worth it. I was surprised and pleased to find such a great place in Stockton, impressive! My only complaint is that they have scented candles burning everywhere, ick. I want to smell my food and wine, not candles. Small complaint though.

1 Thank SLOtownStacy