“Friendly staff...spacious rooms”

Extended Stay America - Stockton - March Lane
Ranked #13 of 26 Hotels in Stockton
Reviewed 11 July 2014

The staff member that greeted me acknowledged me as soon as i walked in the door even though she was waiting on someone else..check in was prompt & professional.. I stayed on the 3rd floor & the room was spacious, quiet & had a full kitchen...it would have been nice to have had cookware & a hairdryer in the room...also the toilet was extremely loud & made a funny noise when flushed but these were not deal breakers. I was not told during check in that it was a smoking room & there was a slight smell of smoke.. but because the windows could be opened it was bearable.. there was a nice view from the window as there were many tall trees just outside giving a relaxing ambiance of being away from the city..all in all i was satisfied & would probably stay there again.

Room Tip: the hotel was a little hard to find. they are located right behind Starbucks. make sure to ask if yo...
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled solo
1  Thank Patricia T
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Stockton - March Lane, responded to this reviewResponded 16 July 2014

Thank you so much for sharing your experience with us. I'm thrilled that you found our rooms spacious and that your were satisfied overall with your stay. Still, please accept our apologies that your bathroom and kitchen did not fully meet your needs. Your feedback will be useful to us as we continually work to improve our hotel. Thank you again for sharing your comments with us. We look forward to hosting you again in the future.

Reviewed 27 June 2014

This is the first time I am staying at Extended Stay America and I love it.
It's a budget version of Residence Inn and Homewood Suite. Will definitely add this line of hotel to my list next time I book hotel for business or personal.
Going back to review.
the title says it all. Clean, Quiet and Simple.
Full kitchen even though i didn't use it.
spacious room with a very nice recliner that i sat on while catching up with news and sports.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled on business
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Stockton - March Lane, responded to this reviewResponded 7 July 2014

Thank you for your wonderful review of our hotel. We are delighted to know that we were able to provide you with a clean and relaxing stay. We are also glad that you enjoyed our spacious rooms and appreciated our value.

Thank you again for your great review. It would be our pleasure for you to repeat your experience with us in the future.

Reviewed 14 April 2014

Cons: Small lobby
Weird closet space, but not really a big deal

Pros: Clean room
Renovated space
Large, bright rooms
Full kitchen that is fully stocked
Clean bathroom
Good value
Friendly staff
Wifi
Comfortable bed

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled solo
1  Thank njd1488
Manager_11525, Manager at Extended Stay America - Stockton - March Lane, responded to this reviewResponded 22 April 2014

The staff and I appreciate your kind remarks. We’re thrilled to hear that you enjoyed your time at our hotel and the service our staff provided. Your feedback is greatly appreciated and it will help us in our efforts to continually improve our hotel. We look forward to hosting you again in the future!

Reviewed 22 March 2014

No Words for the Excellent service and Staff provides the best of best service as of arrival or during the stay. Love the way this facility is cleaned inside and outside of the building. Rooms are cleaned well. I have no problem since i've been staying here.
Again, Front Desk Staff is marvelous and very very helpful.

Room Tip: All rooms are perfect to stay in
  • Stayed: March 2014, travelled on business
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Stockton - March Lane, responded to this reviewResponded 25 March 2014

Thank you for taking the time to provide feedback about your experience. I am glad that you found our staff to be helpful during your stay with us. I will be sure to share your comments with our team. As well, it’s great to hear that the cleanliness of our hotel met your satisfaction. We look forward to seeing you again, should your travels bring you back to our area.

Reviewed 9 March 2014

It wasn't a perfect stay, but had I handled my business in the beginning, my issues would have been solved! The room itself was was fine, big enough, nice furnishings, as advertised. The bed wasn't super comfortable but it was good enough. There wasn't any shampoo/conditioner, but like I said, I could have checked and I could have asked at the front desk but it was my choice not so they didn't have a chance to remedy that issue. I was happy that our room was on the 3rd floor so that I didn't have someone stomping above my head all night, I didn't request a 3rd floor room, just got lucky I guess! After checking in and hanging out in the room for about 4 hours I realized that there was a lot of stomping up and down outside the room so I went to investigate and that is when I realized that our room was located right next to the stairs! UGH! I didn't even realize it until AFTER we had already settled in, so I did go to the front desk and ask about the possibility of switching....unfortunately, they had sold out and there was nothing available-again, my fault for not investigating or doing something about it sooner!

I read a lot of reviews on here about people that investigate the entire room, I am not that kind of reviewer-I start my stay off like a blank slate and let my opinion evolve throughout the stay and although I didn't observe any type of architectural flaws in the room or pull out my white gloves to detect dust, I probably wouldn't include that in my review anyway!

My one complaint about the hotel was that in order to all the way close the door you had to almost slam it and it made a loud disturbing noise and so did EVERYONE else's door! So EVERY time someone went in and out of their room you heard it! Now that is not the staff's fault, that is the fault of whoever designed this particular building so between the doors and the stairs, it was necessary for me to rake Niquil! So my advice to anyone coming here that is a light sleeper, bring ear plugs or medication to get to sleep!

Otherwise it was a pleasant stay....the "grab n go" breakfast was exactly as advertised-packaged muffins, granola bars, fruit, coffee, and cereal packets....remember that and don't bother complaining about it-it is clearly advertised, so tired of reading people's tired complaints about the skimpy "breakfast"-this place has a kitchenette-why are you even staying here if you aren't using it? Bring your own food and cook it GEEZ! That's what we do when we stay at an ES!

So bottom line-any issues I had are my fault for ignoring them until it was too late so I wont come on Trip Advisor and whine about the hotel! The staff was super nice, didn't get any names, or I forgot them but they were all nice and I'm sure would have accommodated as well as they could had I given them the opportunity and my 2nd piece of advice to anyone planning to come here is to do your research so that you know EXACTLY what amenities are offered here...the website has pictures of the breakfast food and since this is a chain and this is the 3rd ES we have stayed in, I can tell you that all 3 looked identical as far as the pics of breakfasts, there are no surprises-what you see is what you get! We would absolutely stay here and ANY ES again in the future!

Room Tip: 1.Make sure your room is NOT next to stairs and/or elevator! 2. If you require shampoo/conditioner...
  • Stayed: March 2014, travelled with family
2  Thank SunnyJoy
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Stockton - March Lane, responded to this reviewResponded 12 March 2014

Thank you so much for sharing your experience with us. I am glad that you enjoyed our staff and your fully equipped kitchen. As well, it’s great to hear that our grab-and-go breakfast met your expectations. Still, I apologize for the issues you had with your door. I will be sure to have our maintenance staff address this issue right away. If you ever have any problems or concerns in the future, please do not hesitate to contact the front desk for assistance. Thank you again for providing us with your comments. We hope to see you again, should your travels bring you back to our area.

Reviewed 20 February 2014

my visit was exceptionally good here at this hotel! Other then my one complaint which they handled right away!! I would pick this hotel over the surrounding hotels in the Stockton area. Oh yeah btw Lauren is really nice and professional if you have any complaints go talk to her!

Room Tip: second floor
  • Stayed: January 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank Iam D
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Stockton - March Lane, responded to this reviewResponded 24 February 2014

I appreciate the wonderful review of our hotel. Thank you for your feedback regarding our friendly staff, especially Lauren. We take pride in providing our guests a comfortable stay. We look forward to hosting you again in the near future.

Reviewed 19 January 2014

This hotel is in a very safe area. Lots of restaurants and shopping. The room was very clean and spacious and the bed was very comfortable. Check in and out was very fast and I especially want to recognize Virginia for her prompt and courteous service. She is a real gem and made sure we had a great stay. This is the best value in hotels in the area

• Stayed: January 2014
1  Thank David K
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Stockton - March Lane, responded to this reviewResponded 22 January 2014

The staff and I read your review and would like to thank you for writing such amazing words about our hotel, our staff, and the area. I truly appreciate your kind comments about our team leader, Virginia. I am proud of our team for providing you with great service and ensuring your accommodations met your expectations! Thank you again for sharing your experience with us. We would love to see you again, should your travels bring you back to our area.

Christina Banta