“Prices better than the food”

Suzy's Mexican Food
Ranked #45 of 556 Restaurants in Stockton
Cuisines: Mexican
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed 4 February 2013

Although the salad bar was good, the actual Mexican dishes we ordered were pretty darn average. The fried ice cream was not bad, but certainly not top shelf. Located in a rough part of town, and was not easy to find in the dark.

Reviewed 26 December 2012

Visit Tuesdays and have the Albondigas. But leave some for me! The waitresses are helpful and friendly; you can eat in or get food to go. There are daily specials, and one of the few Mexican restaurants that serve whole beans (de la holla.)Rice and beans served with most meals.

1  Thank Tony L
Reviewed 18 April 2012

My husband and I come here often for breakfast. Staff is quick, nice, and pretty! They are all so sweet. Food is great! The chips and salsa are soo good! I think they make their own tortillas though I'm not sure. My favorite dish is their New York Strip with Chipotle sauce.. yumm. Breakfast is always good, even their french toast is awesome!

2  Thank yummyyumyum
Reviewed 18 April 2012

For the most part they have typical Mexican food, but the shrimp plates are usually very yummy. I would eat there more often if they had more healthy choices with less grease, sauce and heavy cheese.

1  Thank kruemmelchen
Reviewed 6 April 2012

I "triangulated" Suzy's (it is spelled Susy's) with other travel/food sites and this one jumped out at us. We were headed home from Incline Village (Tahoe) and the sound of more traditional mexican fare with homemade tortillas and whole beans caught our attention. The table tried a variety of options. The servings are HUGE, and the combination meals include a trip to a salad bar. I had a beef enchilada and chile relleno, delicious taste without the typical americano "cheese overkill." All really enjoyed the experience, an older established location with great service.

2  Thank stevelieb