“Great remodel”

Ranked #4 of 27 Hotels in Stockton
Bakersfield, California
“Great remodel”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 June 2014

This hotel has recently had a remodel. The rooms are now very nice & has a modern feel. It appears they have new staff for the evening social & morning breakfast who make certain there is plenty of warm or cold food. And they keep it clean. All staff were cordial, professional & friendly during our stay.

Next time we need to spend the night in the area, we will stay here. This is a hidden gem in the area. You wouldn't know one was about 1/2 mile from I-5.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
Katie G, General Manager at Residence Inn Stockton, responded to this review, 16 June 2014
KoriP, thank you so much for your 5 star review of our hotel! We are very pleased that you enjoyed our remodeled rooms and our complimentary breakfast and social hour. We look forward to your next visit!

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (21)
Lake Elsinore, California
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 June 2014

We had originally reserved a room in another hotel for $67.00 per night but realized that we needed a large refrigerator and stove so I changed hotel and paid the $147.00 per night charge and stayed for two nights. We needed was the amenities so we had to reluctantly swallow the price. I did not give a thought about what it would look like.

We called ahead of time and asked if we can check in an hour early and were told that it was no problem and was asked if we would prefer a top or lower floor. We told them that we had to unload a lot of items and they said no problem, we have a room available that will have easy access. We knew from their response that it was going to be a nice pleasant place to stay.

We opened the door and were extremely happy. It felt like a very nice comfortable home. The kitchen was perfect for our needs to prepare and store food for a party of 35 people. Stores and restaurants are close by and even Starbucks is only a block away.

We asked if we could leave a key for my children and grandchildren so they could stop by and freshen up on the way to the party (coming from LA) and they gave me another key and kept it at the front desk for their arrival. Again, no hassle/problem!

In the end, the $147.00 price is a price we would pay again, even if we don't really need the kitchen. It was comfortable, quiet, clean with nice furnishings and the employees were very helpful and friendly. I stayed at the University Plaza Waterfront before and although very nice place, with a full size refrigerator, we would stay at this Residence Inn again before the UPW.

I have never written a review before, but since we were so pleasantly surprised, I thought that I should let others know about our experience, since I look at reviews prior to making reservations myself.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled with family
Katie G, General Manager at Residence Inn Stockton, responded to this review, 3 June 2014
Andrea C., thank you so much for taking a moment to review our hotel and give us the opportunity to host your most recent visit to Stockton. We are happy to accomodate our guests requests and provide them with a pleasant expereince that is free of hassles. I am excited to share your fantastic comments with my staff, they truly are inspired to make our guests feel at "home away from home." We hope your travels bring you back to Stockton!
Calif.
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 June 2014 via mobile

As a solo female traveler what stood out most for me was that I felt very safe staying here by myself. The staff that I came into contact with were all very friendly and helpful. The room was comfy, spacious and clean and had a full kitchenette. The free breakfast was above average compared to most other places. There are many, many amenities within 1 to 2 miles. Should I find that I need to stay overnight again in Stockton I will definitely return to this place as well as recommend it to family and friends.

Stayed May 2014, travelled solo
Wow! We are so grateful for your fabulous review of the Residence Inn Stockton, Calif_Cheri. It is one of the highest compliments to know you would refer us to friends and family as well. Thank you for recognizing my staff, I have a super star cast that are dedicated to our guests - from helpfulness to cleanliness as well as making our breakfast the perfect way for you to start the day. Thank you again, we are thrilled.
Stockton, California
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 May 2014 via mobile

Total devotee. My family and myself have stayed here many times. This last time was a result of leaving my marriage with my kids. Because my kids have been here many times before they always felt safe. Rooms are always very clean and staff very professional. I have also stayed at the regular Marriot next store and it is equally a good option. Even if you are familiar with Stockton, this is a very safe location.

• Stayed March 2014
Thank you for continuing to let us take care of you and your family, we absolutely appreciate you allowing us to be your "Salvation." We too are devoted to making creating memorable experiences for our guests!
San Diego, California
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 March 2014

Had to stay in the Stockton area and picked this place because of it's proximity to my ultimate destination. It is family friendly. The complimentary breakfast was great for everyone, especially the kids. They enjoyed making their own waffles! The pool is just the right size for kids to have fun and the room was cozy for the family.

Room Tip: The room we had was good, could not say if there is a better area or not.
  • Stayed April 2013, travelled with family
2 Thank Pamela F
Katie G, General Manager at Residence Inn Stockton, responded to this review, 6 March 2014
Thank you for making us your "Home Away from Home, ChauffeurP !" We sincerely appreciate your review and look forward to your next trip 'home." Wishing you the best of travels.
Moreno Valley, California
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 February 2014

Don't believe everything you read, please. This is a great place tucked away amidst all of the news clippings.The grounds are beautiful but what really keeps me returning again and again, is the staff.
Upon my arrival on my previous trip, there was some concern about my arrival experience but once one of my most trusted representatives got wind, Ms. Toni Ann, it was immediately addressed and corrected. From that point on, the windows were open.
This next trip was even better, from the front desk, Ms. Nary Ann, simply wonderful in her mannerism and professionalism, between these to young ladies, representing this property, anyone that visits this location, can't lose!

Please be advised, seeing is believing!!

• Stayed January 2014, travelled on business
2 Thank Gino S
Katie G, General Manager at Residence Inn Stockton, responded to this review, 4 February 2014
"Aaawwww!" Thank you so much for giving us the opportunity to make it right with you Gino S and especially for taking the time to share your experience and appreciation of our staff members. I am excited to share your feedback with everyone and show them how we were able to make your stay 5 stars! We'll make sure we make the sleep quality from a 4 to a 5 next time as well. We look forward to your next v isit! Thank you again for your kind words.
Moorpark, California
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 January 2014

Hubby and I travel to Stockton frequently to visit family. This hotel and the Courtyard Marriott (adjacent) are the only hotels I would stay at while in Stockton. There are many parts of Stockton that are not safe and as mentioned in previous posts, crime is an issue. The Residence Inn and Courtyard Marriott are located in one of the nicer, less crime ridden neighbors in Stockton. The hotel is kept up nicely, rooms are spacious and well accommodated, staff is friendly, free breakfast buffet is good and they are pet-friendly (with $100 pet fee per stay). I haven't been to the 'newer' Hilton on the other side of the I-5 (neighborhood in general is OK at best) but that would be my third choice if the Residence Inn or Courtyard Marriot were booked.

• Stayed December 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank P D
Katie G, General Manager at Residence Inn Stockton, responded to this review, 17 January 2014
Thank you SO much for the 5 star scores and the wonderful feedback, P D! We are happy to hear the you enjoy our location, comfort and service especially. We absolutely pride ourselves on making our guests feel at home and among friends. Thank you for continuing to choose both of our Marriott hotels when coming to Stockton, we appreciate your loyalty. Do not hesitate to contact me directly if you encounter any questions about availability, I will happy to help you on your next visit to Stockton.