“Quiet, Quaint, and Comfrortable”

Residence Inn Stockton
Ranked #4 of 26 Hotels in Stockton
Reviewed 7 August 2014

Driving to California from Portland, we stopped in Stockton for a restful night. It was indeed just that. The room was spacious, clean and well equipped like a small efficient apartment. The location was a few blocks off the main freeway in a quiet, wooded area. The surroundings provided a great walking trek through a nice park. Breakfast in the morning sent us off to the remainder of our trip.

Room Tip: Recommend an upper floor.
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
Katie G, General Manager at Residence Inn Stockton, responded to this reviewResponded 13 September 2014

I love how you described our the location of our hotel! Our guests really enjoy how we are tucked away and there are plenty of areas to run or take a nice walk, whether its into Brookside or to a local restaurant. Most importantly, Neil A., we are pleased to know you enjoyed your room. Please make sure to come visit on your next trip into Calfornia. Happy travels!

There are newer reviews for Residence Inn Stockton

Reviewed 3 August 2014

I travel to Stockton quite frequently for business and, if I have to stay overnight, I usually stay in the Courtyard Marriott next door to the Residence Inn. Once when the CM was completely sold out, I ended up booked at the RI. To be honest, I was a bit concerned because I had heard the RI was a "long-term stay" hotel which, I assumed, meant accommodations for people down on their luck, who couldn't qualify for or afford permanent housing.

When I checked in I was pleasantly surprised to find that the RI guests appear no different than the CM guests: primarily business travelers, convention goers, or tourists. The grounds and hotel interior are beautiful. I was also very impressed by the wonderfully-appointed rooms, which feature super-comfy beds, flat-screen TVs in each room, spacious bathrooms with granite tops, living rooms with lovely artwork, and full-size refrigerators, microwaves, and stoves. Even a fireplace! (I was in a 2 bd., 2 ba room.)

In addition, the check-in desk and breakfast staff members could not be nicer and more helpful. Special kudos to Julian who is very friendly and offered to assist me with making copies and scanning some business documents. And thanks to the maid who did a wonderful job of cleaning my room so it would be ready for an early check-in.

Added perks of this hotel are free breakfast and free evening snacks. Although the CM next door does have an on-site restaurant, breakfast is not included so you pay extra. The RI breakfast is more than ample with a full range of hot and cold food (scrambled eggs, choice of meats, fresh fruits, assortment of breads) and drinks (coffee, milk, fruit juices). Also, although RI guests are welcome to use the CM's restaurant for dinner, you might prefer to skip it and check out one of the many nearby restaurants on West March Lane a few blocks drive from these hotels (El Torito, Red Lobster, Outback Steakhouse to name a few). The only downside is the dining room/lobby are undergoing renovation, so some daytime noise, but my room was far away from that so it didn't bother me.

As a humorous aside, during my second stay at RI, I was booked into "infamous" room 341, which a previous reviewer here claims is haunted (see March 27 2011 review). The only sounds I heard at night were the soft humming of the fridge motor occasionally turning on and brief snoring from the guy in the room below mine. No sounds from the bathrooms, no one sitting on my bed, and when I awoke, my covers were intact. So if there are ghosts, they were friendly ones who enjoyed my company and granted me a peaceful night's sleep. LOL

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled on business
2  Thank marieTX
Katie G, General Manager at Residence Inn Stockton, responded to this reviewResponded 4 August 2014

MarieTX, we enjoyed sharing your review of our hotel and the details about your experience with our staff, especially with room 341! Many of our guests are more familiar with Courtyard and are pleasantly suprised with the additional amenities and features of the Residence Inn brand, they are both wonderful. Julian and the rest of our staff are also very appreciative of the recognition for thier service and performance. We look forward to your future travels to Stockton! Thank you!

Reviewed 2 August 2014

We stayed overnight on our way up to Washington and found the hotel to be easy to find off of the 5 freeway, very quiet and a terrific night's sleep. The breakfast was an expanded continental with a waffle maker and scrambled eggs, lots of fresh fruit. The place was packed and seating was limited.

The room was very nicely set up and a good size for up to 4 people.

Check in was friendly and easy, even at our late arrival (midnight)

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family

We are grateful for your review JRinOC. We are thrilled we were able to help you and your guests get a "terrific" nights sleep on your trip to Washington, as well as a good breakfast to start your next leg of the the journey. Happy travels and we hope to see you and your family soon.

Reviewed 2 August 2014

The staff in this hotel puts customer service as their number one priority. The front desk, room attendants, maintenance were GREAT. Breakfast was good everyday.. Rooms clean and well maintained. The grounds were well groomed, parking area had good lighting. One thing that could help if they had better signage to find them. Once we were able to locate the front of the hotel everything was perfect.
We had a two bedroom suite and the rate was reasonable. I would stay there again if I had to be in the Stockton area.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family

Its4metoo, thank you for choosing to let us take care of you during your visit to Stockton for Stephanie and Eddie's Wedding. We appreciate your feedback regarding our visability and are working to improve this. Our guests are absolutely our number one priority and I am glad we were successful in delivering a great experience!

Reviewed 14 June 2014

This hotel has recently had a remodel. The rooms are now very nice & has a modern feel. It appears they have new staff for the evening social & morning breakfast who make certain there is plenty of warm or cold food. And they keep it clean. All staff were cordial, professional & friendly during our stay.

Next time we need to spend the night in the area, we will stay here. This is a hidden gem in the area. You wouldn't know one was about 1/2 mile from I-5.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
Katie G, General Manager at Residence Inn Stockton, responded to this reviewResponded 16 June 2014

KoriP, thank you so much for your 5 star review of our hotel! We are very pleased that you enjoyed our remodeled rooms and our complimentary breakfast and social hour. We look forward to your next visit!

Reviewed 2 June 2014

We had originally reserved a room in another hotel for $67.00 per night but realized that we needed a large refrigerator and stove so I changed hotel and paid the $147.00 per night charge and stayed for two nights. We needed was the amenities so we had to reluctantly swallow the price. I did not give a thought about what it would look like.

We called ahead of time and asked if we can check in an hour early and were told that it was no problem and was asked if we would prefer a top or lower floor. We told them that we had to unload a lot of items and they said no problem, we have a room available that will have easy access. We knew from their response that it was going to be a nice pleasant place to stay.

We opened the door and were extremely happy. It felt like a very nice comfortable home. The kitchen was perfect for our needs to prepare and store food for a party of 35 people. Stores and restaurants are close by and even Starbucks is only a block away.

We asked if we could leave a key for my children and grandchildren so they could stop by and freshen up on the way to the party (coming from LA) and they gave me another key and kept it at the front desk for their arrival. Again, no hassle/problem!

In the end, the $147.00 price is a price we would pay again, even if we don't really need the kitchen. It was comfortable, quiet, clean with nice furnishings and the employees were very helpful and friendly. I stayed at the University Plaza Waterfront before and although very nice place, with a full size refrigerator, we would stay at this Residence Inn again before the UPW.

I have never written a review before, but since we were so pleasantly surprised, I thought that I should let others know about our experience, since I look at reviews prior to making reservations myself.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family
Katie G, General Manager at Residence Inn Stockton, responded to this reviewResponded 3 June 2014

Andrea C., thank you so much for taking a moment to review our hotel and give us the opportunity to host your most recent visit to Stockton. We are happy to accomodate our guests requests and provide them with a pleasant expereince that is free of hassles. I am excited to share your fantastic comments with my staff, they truly are inspired to make our guests feel at "home away from home." We hope your travels bring you back to Stockton!

Reviewed 2 June 2014

As a solo female traveler what stood out most for me was that I felt very safe staying here by myself. The staff that I came into contact with were all very friendly and helpful. The room was comfy, spacious and clean and had a full kitchenette. The free breakfast was above average compared to most other places. There are many, many amenities within 1 to 2 miles. Should I find that I need to stay overnight again in Stockton I will definitely return to this place as well as recommend it to family and friends.

Stayed: May 2014, travelled solo

Wow! We are so grateful for your fabulous review of the Residence Inn Stockton, Calif_Cheri. It is one of the highest compliments to know you would refer us to friends and family as well. Thank you for recognizing my staff, I have a super star cast that are dedicated to our guests - from helpfulness to cleanliness as well as making our breakfast the perfect way for you to start the day. Thank you again, we are thrilled.