University Plaza Waterfront Hotel
    Good 3.5/5
    Very Good 4/5
    Motel 6(Stockton)
    View Hotel
    All reviewsping pongfront deskdelta bistrohockey gamedowntown stocktonfull size refrigeratornautical themeshuttle serviceoutdoor areafire pitrestaurant barnice amenitiesrooms are largeflat screen tvsan franciscoupon checkparking lot
    FilterAll languages
    Reviewed 9 June 2011

Had the opportunity to stay a Saturday night at the University Plaza Waterfront Hotel. Arrived Saturday early evening and was immediately impressed with the cleanliness and newness of the hotel. It was very busy with a baseball game two blocks down, a football game across the parking lot, and a concert going on across the water. What a great atmosphere. The rooms were great. Very clean, flat screen TV's, beds comfortable, & bathroom especially clean. Had dinner at the restuarant Saturday night and Breakfast the next morning was complimentary. Both were terrific meals. The employees were all extremely nice.

• Stayed: June 2011
    3  Thank lee5304
    Reviewed 23 May 2011

From the moment you check in to the moment you leave, it is a wonderful experience. The Front desk staff are caring and sincere. Brian the Food and beverage Manager is Awesome. Stephanie the bartender, no words could say enough, friendly attentive and knows how to pour a great tasting drink. Best martini My GF had ever had. We stay at a lot of 4 and 5 star properties and this place competes and beats a lot of them. They even have Voss water in the rooms, who does that ? beautiful pool on the river, back patios area is huge with heaters , table and lighting every where, Felt very safe. Finally The Restaurant food was amazing.
    Their web site does not do it justice. Upon Check out the Front office manager Jean is probably the friendliest person i have ever met. With everything as busy as it was that weekend, Graduations, proms, and Taste of San Joaquin going on The staff took the time to make everybody feel Appreciated and like you were the only guest in the hotel. The hotel was extremely clean and Modern.

• Stayed: May 2011, travelled as a couple
    2  Thank jamesonthego
    Reviewed 11 May 2011

The rooms were great, the bar was great, and the food and room service were all above par. The only issue was parking. When I checked out and walked accross the designated hotel parking lot accross the street to my vehicle, I noticed my car had been damanged. The drivers side door handle was broken and the key hole had been tampered with. I immediately filled out an incident report with the hotel staff and filed a report with the Stockton Police Dept. It didnt matter how good the stay was, I was only going to remember my damaged vehicle, however, only until I spoke to the manager (Chris Gamble) the next business day. He understood the issue and compensated my stay at the hotel. In my opinion, an excellent display of professional business practice and customer service. He made things right and now thats the last thing I remember. I will definitely stay there again and recommend the University Waterfront Hotel to others as well.

• Stayed: May 2011, travelled as a couple
    3  Thank punch805
    Reviewed 17 April 2011

Got great service from Nick at the hotel, appreciate his cordial attitude and helpfulness. Enjoyed the disco party Saturday night. Restaurant and Bar are both excellent. They had a nice after the festival party each evening.

• Stayed: April 2011, travelled as a couple
    1  Thank carlafromstockton
    Reviewed 17 April 2011

We stayed at the Lexington Hotel during our visit to the Asparagus Festival. The location is perfect - you are able to walk out the front of the hotel to directly to the festival entrance. The hotel is undergoing renovation, but overal seems pretty nice. The rooms are extremely small, but clean. The walls a paper thin. We had a room on the third floor with a view of the parking lot, our friends had a room on the second floor with parking lot and airconditioning unit views. If you want a room with a view - make sure to ask for one - we did not really care as we were only there for one night.

Initially we had no complaints - seemed nice enough although a $120 per night price is a bit pricey for Stockton. The hotel bar is very nice and has an upscale look. Unfortunately at night the atmosphere changed and there seemed to be more rowdy clientele. The hotel had a DJ playing music that seemed to attract a younger party crowd. Apparently the party people where also staying at the hotel. We headed up our room around 11pm for the night. We were woken up by loud talking and doors slamming a couple of hours later. This stopped after a while so we ignored it. We were then awoken again around 3:00 pm by more door slamming and non stop yelling. This time we called the front desk to send security to check it out - they didnt really seem to care much and It took them over 1 hour to send someone over to check out the noise. That response is unacceptable for that situation at that time of the night. I will not be staying here again.

• Stayed: April 2011, travelled as a couple