“quiet stay”

Best Western Plus Heritage Inn
Ranked #4 of 26 Hotels in Stockton
Reviewed 5 July 2014

The hotel was very quite and the staff was very friendly. The parking was very convenient. The breakfast room was large and had a nice assortment of items to choose from. The only downside was it was uncomfortably hot in the hotel getting to our room and likewise in the room before we got the air to cool it off. Overall it was a nice stay!!!!!

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
BWManagmentTeam, Front Office Manager at Best Western Plus Heritage Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 8 July 2014

Hello heather w,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review for our hotel . I do apologize about the temperature in the hallways,and rooms. This will be brought up to the maintenance department so we can see what can be done . We want your stay to be enjoyable from the moment you walk onto our property , till the time you say farewell. We do look forward to seeing you again on your next visit.

Reviewed 5 July 2014

This hotel is in the heart of Stockton. It was a perfect location for us, with the malls and many restaurants nearby. It is only about 5 min. east of the 5 Hwy. Our family lives only 5 min. away. The pool was very nice and was partially shaded. With the beautifully cool nights, it was a nice place to relax. The lobby was beautiful!!! The rooms were very nice and comfortable. They are large rooms. Don't let the hallways fool you. They are not so nice, but everything else is great. The hotel is probably not in the best area of Stockton as there are keys to get into everything...the different hotel buildings, pool area, hallways, etc. It seemed very safe to me. It is a very pretty hotel!!!

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family

Hello cadream2,

Thank you for chosing to stay with us during your visit to Stockton,Ca. In regards to you comment, we do hold our guest comfotabilty & secutiry on the same value level. We have our gates in place so our guest can relax and enjoy their stay on our property without being bothred by any outside disturbancres. We look forward to seeing you the next time you come back to see your loved ones.

Reviewed 4 July 2014

Hotel lobby was very well kept and organized for easy access. The staff working upon check in was very helpful and courteous and all questions about the area. The room was freshly painted and clean, no dust bunnies could be seen lurking in the corners. The mattress looked new and the bed linens were fresh and crisp. The bathroom had recently been updated and all of the fixtures were new and clean. I would recommend this hotel for business or family travel.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with Best Western
BWManagmentTeam, Front Office Manager at Best Western Plus Heritage Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 5 July 2014

Hello David G,

Thank you for taking the time to write about your recent stay with us . Our housekeepers are definiety hard at work keeping those dust bunnies at bay and we are so happy you noticed. . We look forward to having you back next time you are in the area.

Reviewed 3 July 2014

My girls and I stayed here for one night on our way to SF. Overall, the stay was good. We went to the pool and I sampled the manager's greeting with appetizers, which basically included juice and boiled hot dogs with chili. Not too bad. We didn't go to the grocery store next door because one of my daughters said it looked "sketch." The breakfast was very good and would save a traveler some good money by not having to venture out for eats.

Overall, It was good stay. The rooms were very nice and the beds were very comfortable.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled solo

Hello AMLGoat,

We are very happy to hear that you had a such pleasant stay with us .We are located close to many wonderful resturants , but as you mentioned it does make it a lot easier for travelors such as yourself to have foods available onsite. Which is why we have a free full hot breakfast and always try and serve hearty appetizers during the managers receptions. We do hope you make it back to us again the next time you arein the area.

Reviewed 30 June 2014

Over the last 5 years, I've stayed at Best Western Inns, mostly at your Benecia place as well as other Northern California Inns), with excellent experiences each time and wouldn't hesitate in another stay with Best Western. Thank you again for your very professional, friendly and well maintained Inns.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Best Western
BWManagmentTeam, Front Office Manager at Best Western Plus Heritage Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 2 July 2014

Hello Mary H,

Thank you for staying with us , during your trip to Califonia . For our guest traveling so far away from home like youself, we know its important to stay somewhere that has the same standards you hold for your own home. We look forward to being your home away from home for years to come. Thank you for your loyalty.

Reviewed 30 June 2014

I was here on a short business trip. Check in went very well, the décor of the front office is very nice. I had a king sized bed and there was still plenty of room in the room. Very nicely arranged with fridge and microwave. Good pressure in shower and bathroom clean. The only negative I would have is the parking lot needed to be renovated a little with better lighting. Good stay, pleasant staff, comfortable sleep. I would highly recommend this hotel.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled on business

Hello rocdoc5,

Thank you for taking the time our of what im sure is a very busy schedule, to write a review of our property. Our ammenities such as our onsite laundry,gym and business center located directly on our propery, allow business travelers such as your self to be fully accomidated . It is interesting that you mention the parking lot as started work on the lots yesterday . Thank you agian , we look forward to seeing you on your future travels.

Reviewed 29 June 2014

I've stayed here before, but this time I was so disappointed in the service. No towels and minimal toilet paper in room. I realized this once I washed my hands, turned around, and there were NO TOWELS in the towel rack. Also, just a minimal amount of paper left on the toilet paper roll. I immediatedly called the front desk to inform them, but waited 30 minutes, then called again about an hour later, still waiting for bathroom supplies. Then I realized there were housekeeping staff in the hallway. I informed them of the problem and finally got a housekeeper to give me one towel, but they were conversing in Spanish and didn't seem to be empowered to supply me with a full set of bathroom towels or washcloths. Finally, after about 1.5 hours, the maintenance man brought 4 bath towels, then appeared somewhat later with a roll of toilet paper. I so want to like this hotel and was so disappointed with the response to my less than adequately prepared room. I am writing this review 7 days after I e-mailed my experiences to the manager. No reply from Mr. Vang. I could forgive a lapse in service with a profuse apology, but that didn't happen. So I probably won't stay here again. If they can't provide towels and toilet paper, who knows what other things they are overlooking in cleaning and servicing rooms. I think I'm done with Heritage Inn, even though I've stayed there several times before and have been satisfied. Also, I enjoy the buffet breakfast, but the guy handlng the food line barely acknowledged the guests. When one is traveling, it's really nice to have friendly, pleasant people at breakfast and even the housekeeping staff in the hallways, saying a friendly hello to the guests. I do leave gratuities for the housekeeping and breakfast staff, so it behooves them to be a little more gracious and friendly and maybe receive a nice tip from some of us guests. I'll certainly be looking at some other hotels along my I-5 drive from Southern California to Oregon for my next trip. And a thank you to my fellow travellers for providing honest and fair reviews of your stays at other hotels.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled solo

Hello Bonnie N,

I am very sorry to hear that your stay was anything less then what you expected from us. It is very important to us that every guest leaves satisfied with their stay . Per my email and voicemail to you, I would like to speak with your further regarding your stay .You can reach me at 209-474-3301 Monday through Friday . Thank you for taking the time to voice your concerns.