“Great Value”

Ranked #3 of 27 Hotels in Stockton
Tyler, Texas
“Great Value”
Reviewed 19 August 2014 via mobile

The staff was incredibly nice and helpful. We got in late, so we were not able visit the restaurant, but the included breakfast was pretty good. Aside from cereal and fruit, they had scrambled eggs, sausage, potatoes and waffles. The room was clean and included a fridge. We got a great rate on Expedia.

Stayed August 2014, travelled on business
BWManagmentTeam, Director of Sales at Best Western Plus Heritage Inn, responded to this review, 27 August 2014
Hello txgrrl68,

Thank you for taking the time to write such a nice review of our property . I am very happy to hear that we met all your needs after a long day of traveling. We look forward to hosting you again , next time you are in the area.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (68)
Mountain View, United States
Reviewed 12 August 2014

Caring, courteous staff. Clean spacious rooms. Great amenities; refrigerator, large flat screen TV with large variety of channels, microwave, strong WiFi signal. Adequate parking. Specious breakfast area, well stocked, all fresh and quickly replenished. Slight negative ; minuscule bar closes at 9pm.

• Stayed August 2014, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Best Western

BWManagmentTeam, Director of Sales at Best Western Plus Heritage Inn, responded to this review, 14 August 2014
Hello Jan L,

Thank you for your lovely review representing all of our staff and amenities. We appreciate that you chose us as your host hotel when you were in the Stockton area, and we hope to see you again when you and yours are back in town .
Reviewed 12 August 2014

Room was very large, that's the only good thing I can say. Hallways were not air conditioned and smelled very bad. Carpet in the room was worn. Had problems with the accounting department. One hallway exit door was broken for the last 3 days of my stay.

• Stayed August 2014
Hello Roger M,

I am very sorry to hear that there were some issues during your stay that took away from your overall experiance. We are in the process of replacing our carpets in the hallways and guest rooms, and in the mean time we have been deep cleaning the carpets in the remainder of the hotel which does cause a humidity in our hallways and public area which I am sorry you had to experiance during your stay . We do hope you give us another try when you are in the area once everything has been revamped and in its finished product.

Travellers are raving about these Stockton hotels

Reviewed 10 August 2014

We drove 500 miles and just wanted to swim & sleep. Our room was directly across from the pool #129 but the pool was being drained by a loud pump that took hours and hours along with the workers that were scrubbing it down. I don't know why they put us in the middle of all the noise and didn't tell us the pool was closed. My husband complained twice but the staff didn't seem to care. When going in the elevator the alarms sounded and repairmen were called for that. The bathroom light worked only on occasion. This was our 2nd stay at this Best Western but we won't stay there again.

• Stayed August 2014, travelled as a couple

Dear eberlys,

We understand that after a long day of traveling a point of relaxation is very important, and we are very sorry we were not able to meet that expectation on you recent visit to our property .We apologize that the necassary pool maintenance caused you any disturbance during the afternoon of your stay. Please give us a call so we can get a better understanding of the customer service issues that occured so they can be remeidied for future guest.
Santa Maria CA, United States
Reviewed 4 August 2014

I am in town on business and will be here for about 6 months,going home on weekends.I have moved from motel to motel in Stockton.I did not feel safe nor did the rooms meet my standards.I found Best Western to be the place to stay in Stockton.its clean and staff is excellent.I don't feel like i am going to be robbed at anytime there. I would recommend to anyone to stay here.

• Stayed August 2014, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with Best Western

BWManagmentTeam, Director of Sales at Best Western Plus Heritage Inn, responded to this review, 6 August 2014
Hello Christian D,

It has been a pleasure having you with us . I am very happy you made the final decision to stay with us. We know how hard it is to be away from home for such a long period of time, we hope we can continue to make your stay as comfortable and enjoyable as possible. Thank you for your continued business .
Richmond, California
Reviewed 28 July 2014

First, I walked into the hallway on 1st floor of Bldg "B" to get to my room and was nauseated by the strong smell. All I can describe is it had a heavy sweet odor strongest in the half of hallway nearest parking. No smell in room. Second, I experienced some kind of bites on my ankles in Bldg "B" rm 143- I did not see bugs nor did I say they were bedbugs as the hotel records indicate. I did show the bites to desk staff that night and was given antiseptic wipes. When I called the front desk, I suggested setting me up in a local hotel so I could get some sleep and feel less upset. I was conciliatory and accepted another room #139 same bldg ("I was told that was the "best" bldg") but did ask for a significant discount or waiver of cost; for all that, I was offered 10% off. I was told that the rm #143 would be inspected and heard calls on the two-way radios to check the room. I said I'd deal w/ that w/ a.m. manager. I did not have the same problem at all; however, by then it was almost midnight and couldn't sleep because of the itchiness on my ankles and a portable industrial fan that was blowing loudly in hallway near my room. I discussed the fan w/ security guard who came to me w/ new keys and he said that the cleaning staff had accident while washing carpets, thus the fan. The front desk did not know of a fan but did have it removed.
In a.m. the manager was referred to in-house notes by night staff and didn't seem to know there was a problem in the night nor of the horrid smell that remained in hallway. He stuck to the line that 10% is all that could be offered. I added that rm#143 was qualified as a room w/ pool view on hotel website and was already charged extra $10 and that this was untrue. It's a room with a wall view. So, really no discount for the bad night...
The front area, food, desk staff, security was great as at all Best Westerns but this stay was the worst.

• Stayed August 2013, travelled solo
BWManagmentTeam, Director of Sales at Best Western Plus Heritage Inn, responded to this review, 31 July 2014
Hello MonicaLcsw,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review. I am very sorry to hear that your stay last year , was not satisfactory .If you would kindly, give us a call at 209-474-3301 and ask for the AGM . We look forward to speaking with you .
Reviewed 26 July 2014 via mobile

We checked into the Heritage for a visit with family who live nearby. We have two children ages 4 and 6. There is a grocery store Food 4 Less across the parking lot which was priced well, but attracts some shady characters in the evenings. First night we only heard a few loud bass stereo systems, the second night there was a face to face altercation between two men threatening to shoot one another. Neither did, but their loud language, and threats were frightening to my wife and kids, as we entered our room for the night at midnight. That being stated, the breakfast is terrific (5), rooms are clean (3), and beds a solid 3.5 of 5 stars. We did like the access to area parks like Micke Grove zoo. We also took a day to visit Pier 39, Golden gate and Muir Redwood forest.

Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
BWManagmentTeam, Director of Sales at Best Western Plus Heritage Inn, responded to this review, 28 July 2014
Hello John B,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review for our property. I am very sorry to hear that there were some negative issues that occurred on the adjoining property’s parking lot. The saftey of our guest is our number one priority . We will make sure to let the other properties security know about that occurance . We are very happy to hear that the incident didn’t take away from the good experience you had at our hotel. As you mentioned our location makes it a great resting place for families and travelers to be able to visit many locatons and come back daily for sleep inbetween . We do hope you are able to make your way back to us the next time you are in the area.