Motel 6 Stockton North
Courtyard Stockton(Stockton)
Motel 6(Stockton)
Residence Inn Stockton(Stockton)
View Hotel
See what travellers are saying:
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 14 July 2012

Absolutely horrible. The neighbourhood was sketchy but we were so tired after driving from LA. Terrible sleep, did not feel safe and woke to my husband asking me if that was a bed bug! Yes, three!! We promptly left with the kids - I can do no frills but bed bugs is disgusting. Avoid this place!!!

Stayed: July 2012, travelled with family
3  Thank ldewit7
Reviewed 6 February 2012

The north Stockton Motel 6 is convenient to the freeway, no question, but that may be the best reason for staying there. My wife and I checked in there because we had been driving for nine hours. It's across a driveway from a small strip mall, but no matter. We checked in and got a relatively nice sleep until people in the next room started shouting at each other and, a few hours later, began working on their car in the parking lot.

Fortunately, we didn't discover the cockroach (only one, but one is enough) until the morning. That's also when the wi-fi we had paid for stopped working. The people in the office said it should still be working, and said I could take my laptop to the office. But I paid to use it in my room, not in the office.

We left without further problem. The cockroach was more problematic than the wi-fi.

Room Tip: Avoid the side of the motel that faces the freeway. It's dark, and it's not a great part of town. And, given that the cockroach may have friends, think twice about staying there.
  • Stayed: February 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank jayandirene
Reviewed 7 January 2012

Needed a place to stay and didn't have access to my Trip Advisor account when I made the appointment. I had lived near this neighborhood back in the 70's and thought we'd be okay. I was wrong. My first clue was the gang bangers hanging out at the convenience store next door. The whole scene just looked shady. I'd secured the room with my card, so figured we'd go ahead and tough it out, (just me and my adult so - if I'd had my wife with me I would have opted to move on. I was woken up about 2am by noises outside our room, and looked out to spot some grungy looking fellow peeking in the cars. I opened my door and hollered at him, and he just flipped me some crap, so we called the front desk and fortunately the security guard showed up promptly and found the guy looking through more cars around the corner. Looked to me like there was also some prostitution and/or drug activity going on in some of the rooms as well. Next time through Stockton I'll check out one of the other "Sixes" at the other end of town. I wouldn't recommend this place to anyone....

• Stayed: January 2012, travelled with family
1  Thank Jim S
Reviewed 10 April 2011

I have stayed at many different Motel 6's over the years. When it comes to traffic noise the rooms on the freeway side of the motel are the worst I have experienced. It was constant throughout the night (VERY close to the I-5). If you are a light sleeper, if possible get a room on the other side or wear ear plugs as I did. I wouldn't have been able to sleep without them. As for the rest everything else about the motel, it was the status quo for a Motel 6.

Room Tip: Avoid staying in a room on the freeway side.
  • Stayed: April 2011, travelled solo
Reviewed 23 September 2010

The Manager was more than helpful and the bed was comfortable and clean and the staff went out of their way to meet our needs.

• Stayed: September 2010, travelled as a couple