“Good place to work”

Ranked #2 of 27 Hotels in Stockton
Roseville, United States
“Good place to work”
Reviewed 5 August 2014

I have stayed at the Stockton Hilton several times and have been pleased with the experience. Very friendly staff. The executive Lounge is a great addition and not found at all Hilton's. I will be staying here in the future.

Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts

Alex M, Director of Sales at Hilton Stockton, responded to this review, 18 August 2014
Thank you for staying with us serveral times and we are glad you were pleased with the hotel and our friendly staff. We look forward to your future stays with us.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (77)
Washington, DC, United States
Reviewed 1 August 2014

I got to the hotel very late and was given the last available room -- a handicap room. All hotel staff was courteous, friendly, and accommodating. Too bad I had to leave early the next day. I would definitely stay there again.

Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts

Thank you for your recent stay with us and glad you enjoyed our hotel and friendly staff. We look forward to your next stay with us!
Sacramento
Reviewed 25 July 2014 via mobile

The hotel was clean and the employees were professional and friendly. This is an older hotel that has had some renovation. I was happy with the room and felt very comfortable. I would recommend this hotel for business travelers.

• Stayed July 2014
1 Thank Eagleye1
Thank you for your review of our hotel. We are pleased you enjoyed the hotel and our wonderful staff. We look forward to seeing you once again when you visit Stockton.
Zurich, Switzerland
Reviewed 25 July 2014 via mobile

We stayed by coincidence in Stockton and as soon as we read the Wikipedia article about the town it was clear that we would not leave the hotel, so we decided to have roomservice instead. The clubsandwich was delicious and the Service excellent! So was the buffet for breakfast. Probably the cheapest Hilton in Cali - room service for 2 hungry people was under $30. excellent value for money!

Stayed July 2014
Alex M, Director of Sales at Hilton Stockton, responded to this review, 25 July 2014
Thank you for your recent stay with us. Glad you enjoyed the hotel and our food and beverage services. See you again on your next visit to Stockton!
California
Reviewed 24 July 2014

When staying in Stockton, the options can be limited, however this Hilton is a nice choice; it is centrally located and clean. We stayed for three nights in June, and our room was spacious, included a balcony, and the king sized bed was very comfortable. We had an Expedia deal that included a buffet breakfast. The buffet is small for the price, but minus the hard bagels, the overall quality was good. I would suggest you skip the hotel breakfast, however and cross the street to enjoy the delicious French bakery. My husband and I made use of the lovely atrium inside the hotel to read and simply sit back and relax. The pool and spa were clean; we did have to alert the front desk when a rowdy, very rude group of people left all their trash and chairs gathered around several tables for hours before anyone noticed. A refrigerator in the room would have been nice; management said they are working on that very issue. A bit pricey, but "safe and clean" make for happy customers.

Room Tip: Choose a room with a balcony that faces the street.
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Chels98
Thank you for taking the time to share your experience about your recent stay at our hotel. We sincerely appreciate your feedback and glad you found the hotel you enjoyed your stay.
We hope you see you again should you be visiting our area in the near future.
Sacramento, California
Reviewed 22 July 2014

During my previous stays at this property I found the staff to be indifferent. Even my interaction with the General Manager was unpleasant- I found him to be rude and very un-Hilton. During my previous trips they told my coworker and I they were working on getting mini-fridges in every room. (Over 2 years ago) They say they are still working on this. The Sales Manager was quick to add "Hilton standards don't require a microwave or fridge in every room".

The people at the coffee bar, front desk, and wandering the hotel are not eager to engage w/ guests. However the Hilton Stockton has two employees who are great. I have dealt primarily with Sylvia at the front desk. She is very helpful, courteous, and follows through when she says she will do something. She should be running the guest services aspect of this property. Theresa who is occasionally at the Coffee Bar is also outstanding. One morning the coffee machine in the lounge was broken and she prepared me a coffee, offered to fix my oatmeal for me, and helped me get situated to make it to my vehicle. These ladies understand guest service and should be training others. Don't let them leave!

The rooms are well cleaned and comfortable. The beds are ok- nice bedding. Need microwave & fridge in every room.

Their breakfast opens @ 630am and not a moment sooner. The HHonors lounge is not available earlier either. On some days the coffee bar is open prior to the food options. Some Hilton Hotels that offer Breakfast packages give a voucher that is good for a hot breakfast or a coffee and pastry at their Starbucks. This property should look into this as there are people (brief cases in hand) waiting for breakfast every morning.

The food from their restaurant (non breakfast items) is quite good. Decent prices too. The staff in the sports bar area is really lacking. Last evening the woman who served me was plain rude and advised me to use the proper names from the menu to order my food- not "bacon cheeseburger" it confused her? They have specials weekly and the first week I was here I had a great margarita. Since then I have not gotten a decent drink from the bar. They have one excellent bartender and a few terrible ones. The woman at the bar advised me a margarita is tequila, sprite, and lime juice. I have a drink sitting on my desk as I am typing this that is undrinkable. They also charge you more than the menu says for the happy hour items and can't fix the issue.

The HHonors lounge is a great amenity and the hostesses are nice. The evening snacks are quite good.

Of the hotels in Stockton I think this is a good choice. If the property got new management and really tried to cater to business travelers while bumping up the service quality- this property could be outstanding. For now- its just good. If you are a frequent traveler or avid Hilton fan, don't expect the big city Hilton experience.

1 Thank RevJoenathan
Thank you for taking the time to share your experience about your recent stay at our hotel. We sincerely appreciate your detailed feedback and comments. We will be reviewing them with our management staff to see where we fell short of your expectations and to see how we may improve our guest experiance. We also will pass on your positive comments as well to the outstanding employees you mentioned. We hope you will consider staying with us in the future.
Monroe, WA, United States
Reviewed 21 July 2014

The Hilton Stockton is a great place to stop while driving across California. The interior atrium is fantastic, feels like an oasis after driving across the central valley. Will stay again. The review must have 200 characters minimum, but doesn't tell me how many characters I have typed. Hotel is great, TripAdvisor, work on your usability.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled solo
Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts

Thank you for your review of our hotel and for your recent stay. Glad you enjoyed the hotel and our spaciour atrium lobby. Hope to see you again when you are traveling throught the centeral valley.