“Great value, convenient location, quiet and peaceful”

Corporate Inn Sunnyvale
Ranked #4 of 33 Hotels in Sunnyvale
Boston, Massachusetts
“Great value, convenient location, quiet and peaceful”
Reviewed 5 September 2010

The name Corporate "Inn" did not really appeal to me when I was looking for accommodation in Sunnyvale last month. I did some reading on their review here and decided that it could be really worth giving it a try.

Check in was quick. Walk through the hallway to the room left me wondering if I chose the right place. Everything looked pretty bland. However; once I stepped into the room my impressions changed. The room was large, naturally well lit, partitioned decently between living and sleeping area. Furniture and the interiors looked a little cheap but, was very functional. Work desk was large and convenient.

Being on El Camino, I was a little worried about the traffic noise. But once you are inside the property, you would hardly hear any noise. Quality of sleep I got was very good over here.

Breakfast that comes with the room is decent too. They serve both hot and cold breakfast and the spread is impressive; especially since it is included with the room rate.

The location of the property is the highlight. Everything is at a walking distance from the hotel. Starbucks is next door in a shopping area. There are plenty of restaurants at a walking distance and the "Crazy buffet" right opposite the hotel.

Overall, I would think this is a good place to stay on a quick business trip. I would go back here again.

• Stayed July 2010, travelled on business

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (24)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
Sunnyvale, California
Reviewed 18 May 2010

We stayed in a queen suite with a pull-out sofa bed. Ask for this if you are staying with 3-4 people as not all sofas open out to bed. The place is very quiet, even during the week when they are more crowded. Good things: Very clean inside and out; free, fast Internet and local phone calls; modern room decor and layout; small, secure property; windows and sliding door that opens to courtyard; small kitchen with two burners, microwave, and fridge; welcome chocolates and water bottle; great breakfast with many hot items daily that rotate so you don't get bored; steam room; pleasant service. Bad things: Underground parking garage with tricky to navigate columns (I damaged my driver's side door to the tune of $1800 and could see scrapes from previous incidents), outdated binder of information (restaurants out of business, maid service hours inaccurate, etc.); TV is small and only one in the room even if you have a living room; pool and hot tub are very small (hot tub capacity is 4, don't try to swim laps in the pool). But all in all, great place to stay -- we are local and checked out many places before deciding to stay here while a home project was underway.

• Stayed May 2010, travelled with family
Sunnyvale
Reviewed 20 April 2009

Our family needed a local place to stay for a couple of days while our home was fumigated for termites. We wanted to be close to our usual school & activities. Also, high speed internet was a must, since my husband & I both do some work from home. The Corporate Inn met, and even exceeded, our expectations.

The room was separated into living (sofabed, kitchenette, workstation) and sleeping (queen bed, closet, vanity, bath) areas by a builtin drawer & tv unit plus a semi-closed divider. The single tv swivels to face either area. I was thrilled to find the cable service was the normal one for Sunnyvale homes, not a limited 'hotel' band. E.g., including Sci Fi, Comedy Central, Nick, Cartoon Network, all the local PBS stations, MSNBC etc. shown in Pacific time. Too often, I find CA hotels show Cartoon Network Adult Swim at kid's prime time.

One wall of the living area provided a well planned work center. The table was long enough for two computer workers. There was helpful task lighting, plenty of plugs, and decent WiFi service. Using the wired internet provided better service than I have at home! The setup was much nicer than many I have experienced on business trips.

The property was surprisingly nice. One courtyard contained a pool & hot tub, with access to the fitness center. A second courtyard was attractively decorated with plants, making a serene sitting area.

The location on El Camino Real would be convenient for business in Sunnyvale, Cupertino, or Santa Clara. This is the middle of suburbia, so less convenient for tourists.

• Stayed March 2009, travelled with family
Corvallis, Oregon
Reviewed 22 March 2009

Fine place for business travel. Rooms were clean and spacious. WiFi signal was kind of slow/weak (but free!). Front desk staff couldn't recommend restaurants, which was somewhat annoying. Free parking was nice. Oh, happy-hour with free beer was a nice touch. Free breakfast was not too bad, some hot items.

• Stayed March 2009, travelled on business
San Francisco, California
Reviewed 22 January 2009

Large room! We really enjoyed staying at the Corporate Inn Sunnyvale. It was just what we needed, and stocked with every thing we needed.
The location was also great, not far from anything we needed to get to - and right next to a grocery store, places to eat and a starbucks.
Tip* At the safeway next door they have movie rentals in a kiosk for only 1 dollar, we used this a few times and loved it.

Definitely a place I would come back to when staying for a longer stay.

• Liked — large room
  • Disliked — slow internet
  • Stayed January 2009
Centennial, CO
Reviewed 13 July 2008

Rooms were large, spacious, and tastefully decorated. There was a separate "living" area- kitchen with all necessary cookware and TV/desk area with sofa bed. The bedroom and bathroom were also large. The swimming pool was a little small but good enough for the kids to play in. The breakfast provided was limited but they start clearing out the items around 10:30 (although it advertises breakfast till 11:00)--so make sure you get there by 10:00. Multiple restaurants within walking distance and free Blockbuster video rental (although we didn't take advantage of that due to arriving late in the evening) Desk help weren't too friendly, though.

They offer the Winchester House package which was a good savings for our family--it's definitely an interesting place to visit! My kids liked this hotel better than any other on our vacation--great value for the price! Would stay there again!

• Liked — Cleanliness and spaciousness
  • Disliked — Hotel desk help
  • Stayed June 2008, travelled with family
Suunyvale CA
Reviewed 6 June 2008

We have just returned from a 2 week stay at the Corporate In Sunyvale CA.
The hotel is magnificent, and we have never experienced such incredible service before.

It was so lovely that my parents did not want to go home. The pool and Hot tub are lovely.

The staff and so kind and helpful.
My special thanks to Jodi, Madison, Faroo and German for making my parents stay extra special. The hotel is very lucky to have these people working for them!!!

We stay at the Hilton in Las vegas for 3 nights we hated it. Wish they had a corporate Inn in Las Vegas. .,

I wish the corporate Inn in sunnyvale all the best for the future.

• Liked — I had never seen my parents so relax in a hotel
  • Stayed April 2008, travelled with family
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
Also consider these accommodations in or near Sunnyvale
The Grand Hotel
Cupertino Inn
Cupertino Inn
#1 of 6 in Cupertino
Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Sunnyvale

Been to Corporate Inn Sunnyvale? Share your experiences!