“surprising”

Black Angus Steakhouse
Reserve with OpenTable
Black Angus Steakhouse is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #8 of 379 Restaurants in Sunnyvale
Price range: US$20 - US$30
Cuisines: American, Steakhouse, Bar, Grill
Dining options: Dinner, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Description: Great for steak and so much more... Black Angus Steakhouse has built a reputation on providing an American Steakhouse experience to remember. Our Chefs are proud to serve Black Angus steaks carefully aged a minimum of 21 days, fresh-cut daily, and grilled over an open flame. Other specialties include a variety of succulent seafood, fall-off-the-bone Baby Back Ribs and our famous slow-roasted Prime Rib. Black Angus offers a full array of menu items that are naturally gluten free. Ask for their Gluten Free Trail Map. Whatever you're craving, Black Angus Steakhouse can satisfy it with superior quality, friendly service, and great food. It's more than a tradition - it's our passion every day. Enjoy one of our signature hand-shaken Gold Strike Margaritas or join us for $3 Bud Light & $4 Shocktop draft during ANY game, which is all the time! Happy hour is now even HAPPIER, starting an hour early 3-7 pm Monday through Friday with late night happy hour on Tuesday. Love Prime Rib? Join us every Wednesday for $18.99 Prime Rib & Mud Pie.
Reviewed 30 July 2013

I grew up in this area and this place was the bar to go to when I was younger. I have not been here in 15 years at least. My parents got a coupon for a filet meal and have been going ever since, saying that the meal was great. Finally, they talked my husband and I into going and to my surprise, it was quite good. I had the filet, so I can't vouch for anything else on the menu. It is dark with booths like an old style steak house, but the food was very good. I would return.

There are newer reviews for Black Angus Steakhouse

Reviewed 30 June 2013

I was very disappointed in my last meal there. I ordered my steak medium well...but it was rare enough that a good vet should have been able get it back on its feet with little to no problems. The steak went back and by the time they got it right the rest of the plate was cold.

I've been there twice in three weeks and both times I was not impressed with the food. Either in quantity or in quality.

Reviewed 30 June 2013

We went to the nearest Blank Angus for my birthday, It happened to be on a Wednesday - when they have a special of $17.99 for the Prime Rib Dinner (including 2 sides) *and* their yummy Mud Pie.

The booths have very, very high backs which makes the booths feel private & quiet (a plus for my husband who wears hearing aides and can have trouble hearing in noisy places).

The prime rib was very good, The cole slaw is very ceamy & sweet (which I like) and the au gratin potatoes were quite well cooked, with a browned top and a bit spicey - couldn't place the taste - but it was one of the best I have ever had!

What with the birthday "cookie & ice cream" and 3 mud pies - for the 4 of us - we had a serious "sweet overload"!

Reviewed 1 March 2013

This was my second time in six months to eat at this restaurant. I have to say that I was disappointed with the meal this time. I ordered a combination filet/prawn dinner and the filet portion was extremely small. It was less that half the size of the filet/salmon combination my friend had, yet they were the same price. The waiter was also extremely slow and always seemed to find a way to what seemed like avoid our table of 5.

Reviewed 11 December 2012

Not 4 star but very good comfort food and often a very good value. I recomend the campfire feast with your best choices being the salmon or filet mignon. You get out the door for around $53 and have some left overs for next day lunch.