“Great location and feel of a small hotel”

Wild Palms Hotel - a Joie de Vivre Hotel
Ranked #2 of 33 Hotels in Sunnyvale
Austin, Texas
“Great location and feel of a small hotel”
Reviewed 26 September 2013

I do like this hotel much better than the large chains that are available nearby. However, you should be aware that while it's a nice place to say and has a little oasis it's a little quirky/different so may not be what all business travelers are looking for.

Room Tip: On warm days, take a room downstairs as the upstairs room seem to get very warm.
  • Stayed September 2013, travelled on business
rld9, General Manager at Wild Palms Hotel - a Joie de Vivre Hotel, responded to this review, 27 September 2013
Thank you for experiencing and enjoying our hotel. Great tip and description of our ambiance. We are a little oasis and not cookie cutter big box. You should check out our experience driven awards program as that is unique to our company too.

Thanks again and we look forward to your visit.

Robin Donovan

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (210)
  • Korean first
torrance,ca
Reviewed 24 September 2013

Stayed at Wild Palms during the week and got amazing prices compared to other hotels in the area. The room was fine-clean and quiet. The breakfast was good-not just baked goods, but bacon, sausage, eggs and pancakes/french toast. The staff was very welcoming and knowledgable about the area, looking up the nearest stores for us.Compared to the sister hotel, the Domain Hotel, this was a step up and breakfast included!

• Stayed September 2013, travelled as a couple
Thank W.O.F.
rld9, General Manager at Wild Palms Hotel - a Joie de Vivre Hotel, responded to this review, 25 September 2013
Thank you so much for the lovely words. I will make sure to share this with my team and of course our sister hotel, Domain! We thank you for selecting us for your travel needs and hope you return soon.

Take care,

Crawley, United Kingdom
Reviewed 21 September 2013

My wife and I had a very comfortable stay recently. Our only (small) complaint is that the walls seemed rather thin and we could sometimes hear noise from adjacent rooms.

What else should I say to get to 200 characters ?

• Stayed September 2013, travelled as a couple
rld9, General Manager at Wild Palms Hotel - a Joie de Vivre Hotel, responded to this review, 23 September 2013
I'm happy to see you and your wife enjoyed the hotel. Thank you for staying with us and your comments.

Have a great day.

Medfield, Massachusetts
Reviewed 11 September 2013

This is a good place to say for my trips to Sunnyvale. Breakfast included. If you join their frequent stay club, they give you a bottle of wine every time you ck in. Nice touch. It is probably one of the mor reasonably priced hotels in the area.

• Stayed July 2013, travelled on business
rld9, General Manager at Wild Palms Hotel - a Joie de Vivre Hotel, responded to this review, 12 September 2013
I'm so happy to see you enjoy your experience each time you visit us! We will work even harder to earn that 4th and 5th star. I will gladly share you great comments about our staff with them. It is always a pleasure to tell them when guest are happy with their service.

Iran
Reviewed 10 September 2013

Over expensive hotel. Breakfast is good but tables are a little bit dirty. Rooms are smelly and not very clean since there are lots of mosquito/spiders in there. Shampoo and soaps are cheap
brand. Breakfast and parking is free. There is no elevator and there is no one to help with the luggage.
Poor staff!

I was there twice and both of the time I regret for the money I paid for that service!

• Stayed June 2013, travelled as a couple
rld9, General Manager at Wild Palms Hotel - a Joie de Vivre Hotel, responded to this review, 11 September 2013
Awesome_Coral, I am really sorry about your experience and I will follow up with my team regarding your feedback. It is true the two story open exterior hotel doesn't have an elevator, but since there is always a housemen on from 7am-11pm, someone should have offered to help you with your bags. I'm really sorry they did not do so. I will also follow up on the other items as that is just not our normal standards. Please forgive us for letting you down.

Oxnard, California
Reviewed 9 September 2013

tried this hotel on a whim, instead of the usual chain hotels like tired threadbare worn Ramada near the 101. This hotel is on El Camino Real, the main drag in town with all the restaurants and shopping, but a block off the street in a neighborhood setting. Although laid-out like a jumbo Motel-6 (several 2-story strip buildings), the rooms were more like the Hilton. Or better. All upscale and tasteful. Obviously a very well managed hotel, full free breakfast in the morning, not the fake 'continental style' of it's competitors. And about the same price as Motel 6, so hard to beat.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank roger h
rld9, General Manager at Wild Palms Hotel - a Joie de Vivre Hotel, responded to this review, 10 September 2013
You are correct, cookie cutter we are not! Thank you for understanding and enjoying our concept. I am glad you and your family had a great stay and we hope you can return soon. We will try out best to continue to surprise you with new gems!

Santa Maria,Ca
Reviewed 7 September 2013

I had stayed at this hotel a couple years ago and was very disappointed. I had a business meeting nearby so thought I'd give them another try. I was very surprised to find the hotel in good condition and the room very nice. They are certainly trying to improve. The only things I could say that were negative and that is the strange hallways which cant be changed and the other is the lack of directions/location of the ice machines and vending. Other than that, I will definately stay here again.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled on business
Thank you for giving us another try. It's great to read that you experienced all the improvements we have made. We will continue to upgrade through out this year and next. I'm sorry about the long hallways and as you mentioned it is not something we can change. What I can do is make sure the team hands out a map a check in to assist with finding vending, ice and other areas.

Thank you again.

Robin Donovan

Also consider these accommodations in or near Sunnyvale
The Grand Hotel
Hotel Avante, a Joie de Vivre Hotel
Corporate Inn Sunnyvale
Corporate Inn Sunnyvale
#5 of 33 in Sunnyvale

Been to Wild Palms Hotel - a Joie de Vivre Hotel? Share your experiences!