“Will Definitely Visit Again”

Wild Palms Hotel - a Joie de Vivre Hotel
Ranked #2 of 33 Hotels in Sunnyvale
La Puente, California
“Will Definitely Visit Again”
Reviewed 9 October 2013

I had a very comfortable stay several weeks ago. The price was reasonable for the quality of the hotel. Breakfast was pleasant and the facilities were a definite plus during my visit. I will definitely visit again if the area.

Stayed September 2013, travelled on business
rld9, General Manager at Wild Palms Hotel - a Joie de Vivre Hotel, responded to this review, 14 October 2013
I'm so happy you will come back to see us again and that you really enjoyed your stay. Thank you for the wonderful comments and have a great day!

Robin Donovan

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (204)
  • Korean first
Tampa, Florida
Reviewed 7 October 2013

Location of the hotel coming from Mountain View means that you need to be in the lane to turn right on S. Wolfe since it is not next to CR. From the outside at night , was not sure if this was the botique hotel had made my reservations at - but do not let the outter appearances be a put off! From the moment I checked in till the moment I checked out - kept finding out just how great a place to stay it was. The room was very nice and had a great style to it that was just really cool! The hardest part is trying to say which was better - the staff and the the super friendly attitude that they had and excellant customer relations encounter that it was --- or the breakfast. That is not a negative comment - because the staff was really that supurb ---- but so was the breakfast buffett! I really enjoyed the extra efforts put into the foods - and sitting at a table out by the pool having breakfast first thing in the mornings. If you have those 2 items so right - and a great room too - it makes for an easy choice to say I will definately be a returning customer.

Room Tip: Traffic from S. Wolfe Street can be noisy on a weekend night - but was suprised how well the hotel r...
  • Stayed September 2013, travelled on business
rld9, General Manager at Wild Palms Hotel - a Joie de Vivre Hotel, responded to this review, 9 October 2013
Surprise, Surprise, Surprise! Thank you for your fantastic comments and the praise to the hotel team. They love what they do and making guest happy is job one for them! Great tip regarding breakfast by the pool. It doesn't feel like you're in the middle of a city when you sit by the pool or in the gazebo in the garden area. Thank you again and I hope you have time to come back for another visit.

Best to you,

Littleton, Colorado
Reviewed 5 October 2013

We stayed in this hotel 10 years ago while attending a wedding. I remembered it for its colorful, clean and comfortable rooms. When dropping our daughters off at college last month, I wanted a hotel in the vicinity of the university, but far enough away that I wouldn't be inundated by other families and the price increase that often accompanies a popular college weekend. So I booked at the Wild Palms again, hoping that it would be as fabulous as I remembered.

It was! The rooms are still colorfully and creatively decorated. The staff is friendly and helpful. The breakfast buffet offered eggs, meats, oatmeal, pancakes, pastries, cereals, fruits, juices, coffee and even kim chi & rice. We overlooked the pool, the room was quiet and the bed comfortable. We had an efficient desk area to do a bit of work and a large screen television. All of that, and an amazing price!

We had planned to stay only two days, but decided to extend another two rather than heading immediately down the coast. We were able to add one day, but a huge conference in the area sold out the Wild Palms, so we spent the fourth night in a lousy, boring chain hotel for a much higher price. We will be visiting our daughters often, and plan to make the Wild Palms our hotel of choice.

Room Tip: Don't be disappointed; reserve early because this hotel fills up.
  • Stayed September 2013, travelled as a couple
Nothing makes a General Manager feel better than a guest who not only enjoyed us now, but 10 years ago too! Thank you for returning and I am very pleased we lived up to your memory. I love sharing these great stories with the team and thank you for taking the time to post these wonderful comments. I'm sure we will see you more often when you visit your daughter.

Until next time,

Austin, Texas
Reviewed 26 September 2013

I do like this hotel much better than the large chains that are available nearby. However, you should be aware that while it's a nice place to say and has a little oasis it's a little quirky/different so may not be what all business travelers are looking for.

Room Tip: On warm days, take a room downstairs as the upstairs room seem to get very warm.
  • Stayed September 2013, travelled on business
rld9, General Manager at Wild Palms Hotel - a Joie de Vivre Hotel, responded to this review, 27 September 2013
Thank you for experiencing and enjoying our hotel. Great tip and description of our ambiance. We are a little oasis and not cookie cutter big box. You should check out our experience driven awards program as that is unique to our company too.

Thanks again and we look forward to your visit.

torrance,ca
Reviewed 24 September 2013

Stayed at Wild Palms during the week and got amazing prices compared to other hotels in the area. The room was fine-clean and quiet. The breakfast was good-not just baked goods, but bacon, sausage, eggs and pancakes/french toast. The staff was very welcoming and knowledgable about the area, looking up the nearest stores for us.Compared to the sister hotel, the Domain Hotel, this was a step up and breakfast included!

Thank W.O.F.
rld9, General Manager at Wild Palms Hotel - a Joie de Vivre Hotel, responded to this review, 25 September 2013
Thank you so much for the lovely words. I will make sure to share this with my team and of course our sister hotel, Domain! We thank you for selecting us for your travel needs and hope you return soon.

Take care,

Crawley, United Kingdom
Reviewed 21 September 2013

My wife and I had a very comfortable stay recently. Our only (small) complaint is that the walls seemed rather thin and we could sometimes hear noise from adjacent rooms.

What else should I say to get to 200 characters ?

• Stayed September 2013, travelled as a couple
rld9, General Manager at Wild Palms Hotel - a Joie de Vivre Hotel, responded to this review, 23 September 2013
I'm happy to see you and your wife enjoyed the hotel. Thank you for staying with us and your comments.

Have a great day.

Medfield, Massachusetts
Reviewed 11 September 2013

This is a good place to say for my trips to Sunnyvale. Breakfast included. If you join their frequent stay club, they give you a bottle of wine every time you ck in. Nice touch. It is probably one of the mor reasonably priced hotels in the area.

• Stayed July 2013, travelled on business
rld9, General Manager at Wild Palms Hotel - a Joie de Vivre Hotel, responded to this review, 12 September 2013
I'm so happy to see you enjoy your experience each time you visit us! We will work even harder to earn that 4th and 5th star. I will gladly share you great comments about our staff with them. It is always a pleasure to tell them when guest are happy with their service.

Best,

Robin Donovan

Also consider these accommodations in or near Sunnyvale
The Grand Hotel
Corporate Inn Sunnyvale
Corporate Inn Sunnyvale
#6 of 33 in Sunnyvale
Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Sunnyvale

Been to Wild Palms Hotel - a Joie de Vivre Hotel? Share your experiences!