“Pleasant surprise, great hotel for the price.”

Wild Palms Hotel - a Joie de Vivre Hotel
Ranked #3 of 33 Hotels in Sunnyvale
Reviewed 10 November 2013

Stayed one night in Oct 2013.

We got a pretty good deal the day of on HotelTonight, it was much cheaper than anything else in the area. But we were pleasantly surprised that the hotel had been so well kept for being a bit older. The lobby, courtyard, and pool were really nice. The included hot breakfast was good.

The room was nice. Not the best bed I've ever slept on, but good enough. We had a room directly adjacent to a large, bolted to the building, iron entrance gate. The gate started slamming around 6 am and never quit. It was impossible to sleep through. BANG BANG BANG!!! All. Morning. Long. When checking-in the lobby was very thorough about their "noise policy" but has overlooked this element.

Still recommended if you are looking for a good value in the area with a nice pool. Just ask for a room FAR away from a gate.

Room Tip: AWAY from any of the metal gates, unless you get up early.
  • Stayed: October 2013, travelled on business
rld9, General Manager at Wild Palms Hotel - a Joie de Vivre Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 13 November 2013

Hello Ben R.

Thank you for your review and feedback. It looks like we gave you a good surprise in our service and amenities, but a not so good surprise with the door. I am sorry the door opening and closing was so loud, that must have been irritating. I will have the team check to see if the automatic arm can be adjusted to a slower, quieter closer setting.

I am really pleased you enjoyed your stay with us.

Robin Donovan

Write a ReviewReviews (1,015)

Reviewed 9 November 2013

This hotel is a lovely property and a particularly good bargain for the price. The rooms are nicely decorated, the pool area is lovely, and breakfast is surprisingly good. The air conditioning left a little something to be desired and there is some noise from the street, but I was overall quite pleased.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled as a couple

Thank you for taking the time to post your pleasant review. I'm glad to see you received a deal by booking directly with the hotel and you really enjoyed your stay. Our goal is to give great service, clean rooms and a unique boutique setting in the middle of Silicon Valley.

Thank you for visiting us and please come back again.

Reviewed 7 November 2013

Rooms are cozy. Bed is very nice and comfortable. The air conditioner in the room was little difficult to control and the small refrigerator did not work. The hotel doesn't have in-room dining. Also, facilities are limited - only service was daily cleanup of rooms. The good thing is it is on El Camino Real and close to quite a few restaurants (atleast 3 Indian restaurants were very close) and the staff was very friendly and helpful. The breakfast was complimentary.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled on business
rld9, General Manager at Wild Palms Hotel - a Joie de Vivre Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 8 November 2013

Hello Albus10,

Thank you for taking the time to post your review. I'm sorry the air conditioning was not easy to operate and there was an issue with the fridge. We are installing new thermostat's that will only have on/off and up arrow for heat and down arrow for cool. We are hoping this simplifies the system for everyone. Thank you for letting us know so we can make these types of changes. I will follow up with the team regarding the fridge as that is not acceptable. I'm glad you enjoyed the staff and the breakfast.

Reviewed 4 November 2013

I stayed here on business. It was 5 minutes from a hotel that I paid $100 more last time. It looks a little understated from the outside. Has a motel feel if you were to drive by it. This hotel was a little hard to find and its a little hard to get in and out of because of its location at El Camino and Wolfe. However,the room was clean, bed was comfortable and the toiletries provided were from Lather which is a great brand. Robes were provided and breakfast was very good and included. I've paid for a lot less at other places. I highly recommend.

Room Tip: Rooms near the stairs are noisy. Better to have rooms further away.
  • Stayed: October 2013, travelled on business
rld9, General Manager at Wild Palms Hotel - a Joie de Vivre Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 6 November 2013

Hello Ken B,

I'm so happy we surprised you in such a pleasant manner. Our goal is to be unique and offer the best possible service and do the best at what we can control. We can't change that we have exterior corridors, but we did add beautiful gardens and landscaping around the entire property. Thank you for noticing all the extra bonuses and your fantastic 5 star review.

We look forward to seeing you again.

Reviewed 4 November 2013

I attend the Bridge School Concert every year and try to stay at the Wild Palms overnight. I enjoy this hotel for several reasons primarily for the comfort, price, and setting of the facility. It's neither luxurious nor ostentatious but it's a well maintained site that I've always enjoyed. It is close to many restaurants and stores and within walking distance. I arrived early but the staff accommodated me and checked me in without haste. I always look forward to my stay at the Wild Palms.

Stayed: October 2013, travelled solo

Thank you Rick L. for the great comments. I hope you enjoyed the concert, I know the weather was perfect for it. I'm glad we continue to add to your concerting going experience and look forward to seeing you next season.

Take care,

Reviewed 28 October 2013

I don't normally write reviews since it is seldom deserved. Today I checked in and Shawn helped me with my room. Very friendly and knowledgeable Guy and he made me feel right at home! He follwed up with a call when I got settled and also recommended dinner at the Fish Market...great food and it made my night! Healso made arrangements for my taxi and shuttle service...wow. this goes above and beyond my expectations! Thank you Shawn!

Stayed: October 2013, travelled on business
rld9, General Manager at Wild Palms Hotel - a Joie de Vivre Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 28 October 2013

Hello Thoa P,

The first thing I am going to do is thank Shawn for making your experience at Wild Palms better than you expected. Next of course is thanking you for taking the time to write this fantastic review. It's great to see when a guest is pleasantly surprised by our service and it's even better when I can personally thank a team member by name. BTW-I love the Fish Market, they do have great food and they are really close to the hotel.

Thank you again and please come back and visit us soon.

Reviewed 22 October 2013

I spent one night in this hotel. It is extremely conveniently located near to El Camino Real, but the local area is short of places to eat on a Sunday night and the hotel has no restaurant.
Room was clean and comfortable and the bathroom also OK with a decent shower - but it was very noisy, both from other guests and from the nearby streets.
Staff were all excellent, pleasant, helpful and really cared about helping out, but that didn't really offset the noise unfortunately.
Avoid getting a cab from San Francisco International to this hotel, it's a ridiculously expensive fare!

Room Tip: Get a second floor room away from the roads if possible.
  • Stayed: October 2013, travelled on business
rld9, General Manager at Wild Palms Hotel - a Joie de Vivre Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 23 October 2013

Thank you for your feedback and for staying with us. I'm really sorry that the noised disturbed your stay, I know that is disappointing. I'm really pleased that you enjoyed the staff. Sorry that the cab cost so much and for this area, and going to and from SFO, I think renting a car might make more sense.

Robin Donovan

Also consider these accommodations in or near Sunnyvale
The Grand Hotel
#9 of 33 in Sunnyvale
Cupertino Hotel
Cupertino Hotel
#1 of 6 in Cupertino

Been to Wild Palms Hotel - a Joie de Vivre Hotel? Share your experiences!